• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bellgab comes alive

Started by Walks_At_Night, October 07, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

Good to see the forum somewhat healthy again!

Uncle Duke

Hopefully one of you Photoshop gurus will insert MV's face over that of Peter Frampton on the "Frampton Comes Alive" album cover.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 07, 2016, 11:49:24 AM
Hopefully one of you Photoshop gurus will insert MV's face over that of Peter Frampton on the "Frampton Comes Alive" album cover.

i'd prefer my face be superimposed over this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UuE0DcJ1F0

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 11:52:27 AM

Thank you MV. We appreciate your hard, albeit inept, efforts. 😎

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 07, 2016, 12:22:16 PM
Thank you MV. We appreciate your hard, albeit inept, efforts. 😎

there were problems importing the database on the new server.  we've actually reverted back to the original server.  i'll attempt the migration again later...

GravitySucks

HEY MV. Check your Twitter. I can't upload an attachment.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 12:29:43 PM
there were problems importing the database on the new server.  we've actually reverted back to the original server.  i'll attempt the migration again later...

Reported.

Lilith

I wasn't hoping to hear that ...  :'(

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2016, 12:34:59 PM
I wasn't hoping to hear that ...  :'(

Hoagie moved servers in like a day... Just sayin. Maybe it is a USB thingy.

Jackstar

QuoteBellgab comes alive

... you call this 'living'???

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 07, 2016, 12:30:31 PM
HEY MV. Check your Twitter. I can't upload an attachment.

I tried too.
It says this when I click the "Post" button:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

norland2424

What are the upsides to the new server?

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2016, 12:39:33 PM
I tried too.
It says this when I click the "Post" button:

QuoteYou are blocked from following @mvandeven and viewing @mvandeven's Tweets. Learn more

GravitySucks

Maybe on election night.

Philosopher

It must have been an "illegal migration". 

Philosopher

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 11:52:27 AM

while smoking a hookah

ItsOver

That upgrade from a rotary phone is always a killer.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on October 07, 2016, 12:36:49 PM

... you call this 'living'???

we'll have methadone soon.  don't worry.

Jackstar

I'm already ignoring that. Try a new schtick.

Lilith

Was wondering by later, do you mean later as in "later today" or "soon", or do you mean later as in "some other year"?  I had not heard about these plans to have bellgab ofline for a couple days, and I was also wondering if you might consider letting us know, maybe a day ahead of time next time,  so I don't go into shock and depression.  :'(

If this is not possible, I understand.  :-[

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2016, 02:28:52 PM
Was wondering by later, do you mean later as in "later today" or "soon", or do you mean later as in "some other year"?  I had not heard about these plans to have bellgab ofline for a couple days, and I was also wondering if you might consider letting us know, maybe a day ahead of time next time,  so I don't go into shock and depression.  :'(

It's not like we BellGabbers, self-included, don't already have abandonment issues.  Daddy?

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on October 07, 2016, 02:31:59 PM
It's not like we BellGabbers, self-included, don't already have abandonment issues.  Daddy?

Thank You for understanding.  :-*  :-\

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 07, 2016, 02:28:52 PM

some time within the next month... but we'll be sure everything is working on election night, heh heh.

Lilith

Fortunately, a few of us were able to keep in touch at #bellgab on Twitter.  A poor substitute, I know, but it did help.

Lilith

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
some time within the next month... but we'll be sure everything is working on election night, heh heh.

Praise MV!  I was worried about that!  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: mv on October 07, 2016, 02:44:03 PM
Free popcorn.

Oh my heh heh, for just a moment, I thought that said "Emergency GabCast".  Silly me.   8)  :-[