• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Long time Art Bell fan needs help.

Started by Desertclam, October 04, 2016, 07:32:50 PM

Desertclam

https://www.youcaring.com/jeff-geer-645294   
My first Art Bell experience was during the early nineties as a tow truck driver on many a long night shift..He and the guests/callers kept me awake and alert on the road. 
I am also a fan of F-1 raciing, anime, Godzilla and sci-fi/fantasy in general. Also a big MST3K/Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic fan
Music tastes range from Grateful Dead to Psy-chill, Psytrance, Goa trance, Ambient and Hearts of Space.
I am having a pretty tough time, one of the worst in my life to date..any consideration would be most welcome.

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 07:32:50 PM
My first Art Bell experience was during the early nineties as a tow truck driver on many a long night shift..He and the guests/callers kept me awake and alert on the road. 
I am also a fan of F-1 raciing, anime, Godzilla and sci-fi/fantasy in general. Also a big MST3K/Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic fan
Music tastes range from Grateful Dead to Psy-chill, Psytrance, Goa trance, Ambient and Hearts of Space.
I am having a pretty tough time, one of the worst in my life to date..any consideration would be most welcome.

Hmmm.  I can't help but notice you didn't mention The Film Crew.  Did you catch any of their brief run?

Desertclam

Oh yes , I did ,,and I did not mean to neglect that...  I catch them on youtube as well as Deep13.us/synth   ..they stream MST3K/CT and The Film Crew eps 24/7

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 07:51:51 PM
Oh yes , I did ,,and I did not mean to neglect that...  I catch them on youtube as well as Deep13.us/synth   ..they stream MST3K/CT and The Film Crew eps 24/7

While I like RiffTrax, I wish they had decided to carry over the Film Crew premise.  Those headsets were pure gold.

albrecht

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 07:32:50 PM
I am also a fan of F-1 raciing,
Sorry about your rough time, a lot of people are having a hard time these days despite others and areas booming. Re: F1. It, for me, is hard to be a big fan. The time differences for one. And some of the rule changes. I still like and the ones I've been too have been fun but I wonder how they will keep/grow the sport considering the global nature and the high cost to attend (even when a race is in one's area?) Also a US firm just bought them out and wonder what changes that will bring? Hopefully, better because old owner, Eccelstone etc, was notorious for screwing people over and high demands and tax-breaks etc to build a track and bring a race. And the new owner will assume ~$4.1 billion in debt!

Desertclam

Agreed, it was too short lived.. Waiting patiently for the new season and many more years of bad movies and good laughs.

Desertclam

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 08:19:21 PM
Sorry about your rough time, a lot of people are having a hard time these days despite others and areas booming. Re: F1. It, for me, is hard to be a big fan. The time differences for one. And some of the rule changes. I still like and the ones I've been too have been fun but I wonder how they will keep/grow the sport considering the global nature and the high cost to attend (even when a race is in one's area?) Also a US firm just bought them out and wonder what changes that will bring? Hopefully, better because old owner, Eccelstone etc, was notorious for screwing people over and high demands and tax-breaks etc to build a track and bring a race. And the new owner will assume ~$4.1 billion in debt!

I agree..also it is hard for me without Bob Varsha with the guys together so many years on SpeedTv network. So far I have not missed a race since 1999.  But I do remember watching Jackie Stewart racing before his move to commentary.  I would really like to see Australian Super V8 races on the tube here.. caught a few when the did air here though heavily edited down.
And fox sports pissed me off with the bouncing between 2 channels the WEC race a few weeks ago...ended up missing the last couple hours because they decided to switch stations and I wasn't around to adjust the DVR.

albrecht

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 08:29:59 PM
I agree..also it is hard for me without Bob Varsha with the guys together so many years on SpeedTv network. So far I have not missed a race since 1999.  But I do remember watching Jackie Stewart racing before his move to commentary.  I would really like to see Australian Super V8 races on the tube here.. caught a few when the did air here though heavily edited down.
And fox sports pissed me off with the bouncing between 2 channels the WEC race a few weeks ago...ended up missing the last couple hours because they decided to switch stations and I wasn't around to adjust the DVR.
Impressive.
Dude, I saw the Aussie Super V-8 we had here (once, then got bumped for friggin X-Games? Lame.) But it was intense and AWESOME! I never had seen before but was hooked. It was really cool and some of the best racing I've seen.  And then not to return. So hard to follow even F-1, for me. Especially with other sports etc but the global nature and costs. I've gone to a few but only when I was luckily in other countries and it happened so was able to go to Nurburgring and SPA years ago, but even then for the spectacle and didn't really "follow." Still fun though. But to expressly travel, to do so? And follow it? So hard. And every year (like everything) more and more (even in our local one) more $$$. Only way I go is to glom on with friends/companies who write-off expense for "business" or just go to the time-trials etc which are cheaper. I really wondered when this new firm bought F-1 out and how it will go. Hope well. Good luck to you, with everything!

Desertclam

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 08:39:06 PM
Impressive.
Dude, I saw the Aussie Super V-8 we had here (once, then got bumped for friggin X-Games? Lame.) But it was intense and AWESOME! I never had seen before but was hooked. It was really cool and some of the best racing I've seen.  And then not to return. So hard to follow even F-1, for me. Especially with other sports etc but the global nature and costs. I've gone to a few but only when I was luckily in other countries and it happened so was able to go to Nurburgring and SPA years ago, but even then for the spectacle and didn't really "follow." Still fun though. But to expressly travel, to do so? And follow it? So hard. And every year (like everything) more and more (even in our local one) more $$$. Only way I go is to glom on with friends/companies who write-off expense for "business" or just go to the time-trials etc which are cheaper. I really wondered when this new firm bought F-1 out and how it will go. Hope well. Good luck to you, with everything!

thank you .. one day I would like to see one in person, but then one day I want to visit Australia too....

albrecht

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 08:42:56 PM
thank you .. one day I would like to see one in person, but then one day I want to visit Australia too....
My advice/wish for you....you get to go to Oz and go to one of those Super V-8 races! I never been to Australia but people I know who have say great place and fun people and that Super V-8 stuff was awesome! Forget the expensive, pretentious European F-1 races (though, actually, in the camping field areas they are, equivalent of NASCAR camp grounds. Bonfires, drunk, fat, drinking all day- in other words great fun! And surprising when you see on tv and think it is all models and celebrities (which there are but in the camping area or general admission stands/fields? Haha.)

In my opinion, Australia should be on everyone's bucket list.  The developed areas, the remote areas.  It seems like a very interesting place.

Then again, I have fantasies about interfacing with the Dreamtime and training a wild pack of dingoes at the base of Uluru/Ayers Rock, so I'm not very stable regarding the topic.

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 04, 2016, 09:07:19 PM
In my opinion, Australia should be on everyone's bucket list.  The developed areas, the remote areas.  It seems like a very interesting place.

Then again, I have fantasies about interfacing with the Dreamtime and training a wild pack of dingoes at the base of Uluru/Ayers Rock, so I'm not very stable regarding the topic.
Just don't bring your baby! Or be a school teacher.

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 09:11:23 PM
Just don't bring your baby! Or be a school teacher.

I still laugh whenever I see that Seinfeld episode when Elaine made the dingo statement.  It never gets old.

albrecht

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 04, 2016, 09:14:25 PM
I still laugh whenever I see that Seinfeld episode when Elaine made the dingo statement.  It never gets old.
I just think of that movie with Donald Pleasence, RIP, when I hear/see him post! Disturbing, but great movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067541/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_142

Desertclam

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on October 04, 2016, 09:07:19 PM

Hh...InLakesh was selling didgeridoos at a Shoreline Dead show back in the nineties.. i wish i got one... one guy in the parking lot had a motorcycle helmet blacked out and had a vacuum hose attached to both ears and to the end of a didgeridoo so the wearer had a vibrational trip.    During the drums/space at an Oakland show they had a didgeridoo player that was very cool sounding indoors amplified...went right through to your soul.....My first rave in San Francisco i saw 'Trance mission' with Stephen Kent in the main room and in the basement was 'Ambient Temple of Imagination'   April '94

Desertclam

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 09:17:10 PM
I just think of that movie with Donald Pleasence, RIP, when I hear/see him post! Disturbing, but great movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067541/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_142

love Aussy and Kiwi tv and movies...Underbelly...Rush...Wentworth.. also grew up with monty python and red dwarf/dr who, blakes 7

albrecht

Quote from: Desertclam on October 04, 2016, 09:27:27 PM
love Aussy and Kiwi tv and movies...Underbelly...Rush...Wentworth.. also grew up with monty python and red dwarf/dr who, blakes 7
If you haven't seen check out "The Castle" (1987.) Hilarious, and although Aussie applies in many areas.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/

Desertclam

Quote from: albrecht on October 04, 2016, 09:29:40 PM
If you haven't seen check out "The Castle" (1987.) Hilarious, and although Aussie applies in many areas.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/

Yup..seen it .. also 'Chopper' with Eric Bana