• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Clinton Trump Debates

Started by Laughing Gator, September 23, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 09, 2016, 08:42:25 PM
The media's going to call it a draw but it's not and they're wrong.  ;D

They're going to focus on what a meany face Trump is.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:42:51 PM
Except his responses are either all lies or are simply nonsense.

You're lying.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:41:00 PM
Trumptard believes Trump wins debate.  Film at 11.
Are you saying this is your second / third account, Falkie ?  ;)    :D

136 or 142

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 09, 2016, 08:43:56 PM
Are you saying this is your second / third account, Falkie ?  ;)    :D

Doesn't Falkie support Trump?

mikuthing01

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 09, 2016, 08:39:41 PM
DarkNet reference ?

She might mean face to face sales which was NEVER a loophole.

She didn't even mention "assault weapons" she tries to stay away from mentioning banning guns the majority of Americans own.

Dr. MD MD

136 or 142

My Reaction to the Second Presidential Debate

October 9, 2016By Taegan Goddard0 Comments
Sometime over the last week â€" probably after the release of the video showing him bragging about sexual assault â€" Donald Trump realized he wasn’t going to win this election.

He’s now moved on to Plan B.

Trump’s pivot â€" starting with his “apology” video late Friday night â€" was to go full Breitbart. He’s now speaking only to the audience for a speculated media venture. Its not a mistake that his top advisers are former Fox News chief Roger Ailes and Breitbart’s Stephen Bannon.

From the pre-debate spectacle with women who accused Bill Clinton of various sex crimes to saying he would put Hillary Clinton in jail after he wins, it’s obvious that Trump no longer cares to be a mainstream Republican. He treated this like a debate at the Conservative Political Action Conference, not a general election campaign for president of the United States.

This debate should be seen as Trump’s official divorce from the Republican party.

Trump has put every Republican in a downballot race in a really tough position. They can un-endorse their party’s nominee and incur the wrath of his supporters or they can back him and lose swing voters. Trump even dismissed his own running mate’s comments on Russia. At this point, it’s hard to see the Republican party offer any help to his campaign.

As for the debate, Trump was completely unprepared. His body language was terrible. He showed he doesn’t even know how a bill becomes a law. He admitted he hasn’t paid federal income taxes for years â€" and that won’t the headline from tonight.

Considering that backdrop, Clinton did a decent job. She was very smart to stick to audience questions and try to understand their concerns. Rather than needle Trump as she did in the first debate, she mostly tried to ignore him.

Clinton wasn’t perfect. Her answer on her emails was extremely weak. She left many of Trump’s attacks unanswered. But there’s only one candidate seriously running for president at this point. She won the debate hands down. It’s hard to imagine Trump won over even a single voter tonight.

Martha Radditz and Anderson Cooper were also excellent moderators. If you ever need a moderator for a dumpster fire, they’re the ones to choose.

(I thought Radditz tried to become the debater herself on one or two occasions, which was a mistake.)

...How does one buy a gun over the internet without a FFL involved?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:44:30 PM

Used to.    He gave up on Trump Talk videos  to show off cans of soup and packages of Turkey Kielbasa. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:45:58 PM
My Reaction to the Second Presidential Debate

October 9, 2016By Taegan Goddard0 Comments
Sometime over the last week â€" probably after the release of the video showing him bragging about sexual assault â€" Donald Trump realized he wasn’t going to win this election.

He’s now moved on to Plan B.

Trump’s pivot â€" starting with his “apology” video late Friday night â€" was to go full Breitbart. He’s now speaking only to the audience for a speculated media venture. Its not a mistake that his top advisers are former Fox News chief Roger Ailes and Breitbart’s Stephen Bannon.

From the pre-debate spectacle with women who accused Bill Clinton of various sex crimes to saying he would put Hillary Clinton in jail after he wins, it’s obvious that Trump no longer cares to be a mainstream Republican. He treated this like a debate at the Conservative Political Action Conference, not a general election campaign for president of the United States.

This debate should be seen as Trump’s official divorce from the Republican party.

Trump has put every Republican in a downballot race in a really tough position. They can un-endorse their party’s nominee and incur the wrath of his supporters or they can back him and lose swing voters. Trump even dismissed his own running mate’s comments on Russia. At this point, it’s hard to see the Republican party offer any help to his campaign.

As for the debate, Trump was completely unprepared. His body language was terrible. He showed he doesn’t even know how a bill becomes a law. He admitted he hasn’t paid federal income taxes for years â€" and that won’t the headline from tonight.

Considering that backdrop, Clinton did a decent job. She was very smart to stick to audience questions and try to understand their concerns. Rather than needle Trump as she did in the first debate, she mostly tried to ignore him.

Clinton wasn’t perfect. Her answer on her emails was extremely weak. She left many of Trump’s attacks unanswered. But there’s only one candidate seriously running for president at this point. She won the debate hands down. It’s hard to imagine Trump won over even a single voter tonight.

Martha Radditz and Anderson Cooper were also excellent moderators. If you ever need a moderator for a dumpster fire, they’re the ones to choose.

(I thought Radditz tried to become the debater herself on one or two occasions, which was a mistake.)

TL;DR ;)

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 09, 2016, 08:41:56 PM
I don't think so, there's nowhere to buy guns on any of the markets and I've never seen gun trafficking there. I don't think that's what she meant.
OK.

Got here late, enjoyable fight / debate tonight though. ;)
I usually don't watch.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 09, 2016, 08:46:14 PM

Illegally

136 or 142

Andrew Coyne ‏@acoyne  now1 minute ago
Andrew Coyne Retweeted Kenneth P. Vogel
So unfair. If the moderators weren’t totally on her side they would have given him 60 minutes.

Great job by moderators enforcing equal time:
Trump: 40 mins, 10 secs
Clinton: 39 mins, 5 secs
per @CNN calculation

mikuthing01

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 09, 2016, 08:46:14 PM

She could be talking about face to face sales which have been going on forever. Before the internet people would post guns for sale in newspaper adds or on tack boards in local stores. Now with the internet there are websites like www.armslist.com and facebook groups to buy and sells guns. They want to ban private transfers and make it seem like it's some huge crime problem which it's not. The problem is dindu's with no criminal record buying them for criminals (straw purchase) or just outright breaking into people homes and gun stores and stealing them.

=Schlyder=

LOL  let's see now.. what will the Clinton/Democrat campaign do next, after that disaster by the entire leftist establishment?

"How low will they go?"  .. is the phrase that comes to mind.  LOL

hint*  as low as they need to.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:44:30 PM
Don't know...       ...don't care.
Doesn't mean he can't play another character.     Wait. That'd be too complicated for him.
;)

136 or 142

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 09, 2016, 08:53:48 PM
LOL  let's see now.. what will the Clinton/Democrat campaign do next, after that disaster by the entire leftist establishment?

"How low will they go?"  .. is the phrase that comes to mind.  LOL

hint*  as low as they need to.

Could never go as low as Deranged Donald. 

Quote from: mikuthing01 on October 09, 2016, 08:51:30 PM
She could be talking about face to face sales which have been going on forever. Before the internet people would post guns for sale in newspaper adds or on tack boards in local stores. Now with the internet there are websites like www.armslist.com and facebook groups to buy and sells guns. They want to ban private transfers and make it seem like it's some huge crime problem which it's not. The problem is dindu's with no criminal record buying them for criminals (straw purchase) or just outright breaking into people homes and gun stores and stealing them.

Wouldn't there still be a FFL involved in the process though.

I'm ignorant about a lot of this? I have looked into buying a few guns a couple of times over years but never had the impetus to go through with it. But from everything I've read online, there's no way to legally buy a gun online without a FFL involved?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 09, 2016, 08:55:52 PM

I'm ignorant about a lot of this? I have looked into buying a few guns a couple of times over years but had the impetus to go through with it. But from everything I've read online, there's no way to legally buy a gun online with(out) a FFL involved?

Correct

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 09, 2016, 08:35:26 PM
You know GS, it's the same thing as the gun show loophole.

All firearms sold inside a gun show require a backround check. There are claims of private transactions between two individuals in the parking lot. Some states already require transactions between private parties to involve an FFL holder. Most do not. It should be noted that virtually 100% of the shootings in the news involved people that had passed the background check or stole the weapon (or bought a stolen weapon). Increasing background checks will not do shit. What noone reports on is that the ATF only investigates less than .01% of people that lie on the forms and then fail the background checks. These are the people that should be in jail.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 09, 2016, 08:55:52 PM

I'm ignorant about a lot of this? I have looked into buying a few guns a couple of times over years but had the impetus to go through with it. But from everything I've read online, there's no way to legally buy a gun online with a FFL involved?

here is one article about it...   https://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/internet-gun-sales-background-checks/

theONE

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 09, 2016, 08:50:31 PM
Andrew Coyne ‏@acoyne  now1 minute ago
Andrew Coyne Retweeted Kenneth P. Vogel
So unfair. If the moderators weren’t totally on her side they would have given him 60 minutes.

Great job by moderators enforcing equal time:
Trump: 40 mins, 10 secs
Clinton: 39 mins, 5 secs
per @CNN calculation

one more proof that Trump won tonight :)