• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Clinton Trump Debates

Started by Laughing Gator, September 23, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

^Thanks, guys. I just wish that some of the others, especially those outside the country who might not realize how bad things are here and why, would understand why we can't survive anymore Clinton corruption.^

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 28, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
So Bill banging Betty is fair game, but Donald doing rails off Melania's ass is not?   You are pretty damn selective in what is fair game in these threads, aren't you?

Oh, absolutely. I am so with you there, Moz. As I was reading through this, I was wondering what the hell was going on with the recent perving over Flo, Hillary and now Betty. No disrespect towards any of them in their own right as sexual beings... but.... uh..... seriously? I don't swing that way so might not understand, but I just found them all odd choices. In the meantime, if Trump wins, well, all I can say is, hottest 1st Lady ever. - I know that's not exactly what you were referring to but had to throw it in.

136 or 142

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 28, 2016, 07:33:33 AM
See, that's exactly why I talked about the 2 photos probably taken with 2 different camera lenses because I did not necessarily believe that one was a body double. In fact, personally, I don't believe they are using one unless it's for very behind the scenes preproduction camera blocking or other odd security issues. But not for direct public consumption. Not falling for that at all without much better proof. I know the general public tends to not know about these things and I was just trying to clear up potential confusion for those who would have considered those shots as any sort of proof.

Both candidates are complete whacked out nut jobs who give all of us plenty to pick on or make fun of. Why Trump claimed he wasn't sniffeling, I don't know. Probably his inflated grandiose ego couldn't deal with the thought of him being a fallible mear mortal. Certainly dumb on his part. I wouldn't have said a word if that's what you went after. He gave you a freebie on that one. Like I said, they're both effing nuts!

Unfortunately, we are stuck with one or the other and many of us are truly scared shitless of more of the same desolation of our country from the Clinton Crime Family. (Yes, they are corrupt.) We know Trump comes with no magic wand as he would like us to believe, but we do know the downhill momentum will only pick up full speed downward with Hillary. We're hoping that with Trump, he'll at least break up some of the established corruption and status quo systems that are working so badly against the average American. Hope against hope maybe but we know it won't happen with Hillary. It's as simple as that.

136 or 142

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 28, 2016, 11:42:14 AM
So Bill banging Betty is fair game, but Donald doing rails off Melania's ass is not?   You are pretty damn selective in what is fair game in these threads, aren't you?

Or Donald committing statutory rape against Ivana.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 28, 2016, 11:52:18 AM
Yeah, pretty much. We can't afford Clinton bullshit right now. The world needs serious attention, such as improving relations with Russia, not the games they play. We've been there and done that.

BTW, good to see you. How you been?

And Dumbald Trump is the President who can give the world serious attention?  He couldn't even take the debate seriously enough to prepare for it. 

What Trump Did During Debate Prep

September 28, 2016By Taegan Goddard75 Comments
A great anecdote from the New York Times:

There were early efforts to run a more standard form of general election debate-prep camp, led by Roger Ailes, the ousted Fox News chief, at Mr. Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J. But Mr. Trump found it hard to focus during those meetings… That left Mr. Ailes, who at the time was deeply distracted by his removal from Fox and the news media reports surrounding it, discussing his own problems as well as recounting political war stories, according to two people present for the sessions.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 28, 2016, 12:58:43 PM
All of a sudden you're religious. lol

1.When have I not been religious?  Just because I don't agree with your far right wing interpretation of the Bible doesn't make me non religious.

2.When have you ever really been religious?  You show charity with great discrimination,  I see no real evidence from you of concern for your fellow humanity and you support a deranged psychopath for President of the United States.

Don't get sanctimonious with me.

136 or 142

So much for the non scientific polls.

Most Say Debate Won’t Change Their Mind

September 28, 2016By Taegan Goddard128 Comments
A new Morning Consult poll finds most respondents think Hillary Clinton won her first debate with Donald Trump, 49% to 26%, with another 26% undecided.

Just 9% of voters said the debate changed their minds about who they will be voting for, while 81% said it wouldn’t matter.

Of course this headline also continues to show the lack of ability of many journalists to correctly interpret statistics.  If we assume that the 9% that say they did change their minds went in the same direction of the 49-26% who thought Hillary Clinton won the debate (An unfounded assumption, but I don't think unreasonable) that would mean the 9% changed for Hillary Clinton 6-3% (49-26% is roughly 2-1.)

A 3% swing from one debate is already pretty big, but if these voters weren't previously undecided but previously supported Donald Trump but switched to Hillary Clinton that would mean a 3% net decline for Trump and a 3% net increase for Hillary Clinton, or a 6% swing.  In this case, I think it's reasonable to conclude that some of the voters went from being undecided to supporting one of the candidates, but even a 5% net swing from Trump to Hillary Clinton would be huuuuuuuuuuuge.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2016, 12:57:03 PM
And Dumbald Trump is the President who can give the world serious attention?  He couldn't even take the debate seriously enough to prepare for it. 

What Trump Did During Debate Prep

September 28, 2016By Taegan Goddard75 Comments
A great anecdote from the New York Times:

There were early efforts to run a more standard form of general election debate-prep camp, led by Roger Ailes, the ousted Fox News chief, at Mr. Trump’s golf course in Bedminster, N.J. But Mr. Trump found it hard to focus during those meetings… That left Mr. Ailes, who at the time was deeply distracted by his removal from Fox and the news media reports surrounding it, discussing his own problems as well as recounting political war stories, according to two people present for the sessions.

Given that Hillary's already precluded any kind of constructive relationship with Putin and Trump did the opposite, I'll go with Trump because there isn't any other choice. I refuse to get into another cold war or worse over Hillary Clinton's globally destabilizing bullshit. We've been through a Clinton presidency and we watched the fucked up debacle it was already. We don't need to do it a second time just to relearn that these people are trash.

Value Of Pi

Unless you're an (atheistic) Communist or some such thing, your political views generally have nothing to do with your attitudes towards God, spirituality or religion. But people make assumptions.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2016, 01:01:31 PM
1.When have I not been religious?  Just because I don't agree with your far right wing interpretation of the Bible doesn't make me non religious.

2.When have you ever really been religious?  You show charity with great discrimination,  I see no real evidence from you of concern for your fellow humanity and you support a deranged psychopath for President of the United States.

Don't get sanctimonious with me.

My right wing interpretation of the Bible?  Since when have I discussed the Bible in great detail with you?  I am a Christian but not that religious and I am very charitable.  I always give money to charities that I believe help people.  You simply don't think that conservatives don't have a heart and that is simply not true.  I've got news for you. Many don't fit that stereotype.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 28, 2016, 01:14:13 PM
Given that Hillary's already precluded any kind of constructive relationship with Putin and Trump did the opposite, I'll go with Trump because there isn't any other choice. I refuse to get into another cold war or worse over Hillary Clinton's globally destabilizing bullshit. We've been through a Clinton presidency and we watched the fucked up debacle it was already. We don't need to do it a second time just to relearn that these people are trash.

Maybe we can give Poland and the Czech Republic back to the Russians in exchange for friendly relations with the U.S. Because making nice with the Russians should be the big priority, right?

136 or 142

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 28, 2016, 01:22:30 PM

Maybe we can give Poland and the Czech Republic back to the Russians in exchange for friendly relations with the U.S. Because making nice with the Russians should be the big priority, right?

I'm sure Putin will have no further territorial demands after that.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 28, 2016, 01:14:13 PM

One authoritarian dictator and one want-to-be authoritarian dictator.  It's easy for them to proclaim love for each other as long as they don't have competing interests.  I suspect should Trump's Secretary of State (John Bolton?)  get into a dispute with Putin that it would be a case of the Elvis Costello lyric "two Little Hitlers will fight it out until/one little Hitler does the other one's will."

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 28, 2016, 01:20:03 PM
My right wing interpretation of the Bible?  Since when have I discussed the Bible in great detail with you?  I am a Christian but not that religious and I am very charitable.  I always give money to charities that I believe help people.  You simply don't think that conservatives don't have a heart and that is simply not true.  I've got news for you. Many don't fit that stereotype.

1.Minor point, but you're using a double negative.

2.I try and judge every person individually.  When it comes to politics and the so-called 'Christian Right' you're right, in general I think these are some of the nastiest hypocrites around and are also some of the most vicious political street fighters around.

"I'm morally superior because I'm pro-life, but don't expect me to help pay for the baby after it's born (or during birth) because that's my tax dollars.  If the baby dies afterwards because of a difficult birth or dies from starvation afterwards, that's not my problem."

I've had discussions with 2 or 3 people who called themselves 'Christian Right' who all told me the same thing.  I don't want to judge every person who considers themselves 'Christian Right'  to hold this view, but it does seem to me to be a pretty common view with them.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 28, 2016, 01:31:27 PM
1.Minor point, but you're using a double negative.

2.I try and judge every person individually.  When it comes to politics and the so-called 'Christian Right' you're right, in general I think these are some of the nastiest hypocrites around and are also some of the most vicious political street fighters around.

"I'm morally superior because I'm pro-life, but don't expect me to help pay for the baby after it's born (or during birth) because that's my tax dollars.  If the baby dies afterwards because of a difficult birth or dies from starvation afterwards, that's not my problem."

I've had discussions with 2 or 3 people who called themselves 'Christian Right' who all told me the same thing.  I don't want to judge every person who considers themselves 'Christian Right'  to hold this view, but it does seem to me to be a pretty common view with them. 

I don't agree with the Christian Right on a number of things.  I'm not a social conservative but a fiscal conservative and a social moderate if not liberal. While I don't like abortion, I'm not an activist pro-lifer.  It'll have to take a change in society or technological advances (most likely to occur) to get rid of abortion. I'm not going to protest outside an abortion clinic.  Who am I to tell another person what to do?  That only turns people off.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 28, 2016, 01:22:30 PM

Won't happen but that would still be preferable to a global thermonuclear war, in which case both of those countries would get obliterated.

Donald Noory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 28, 2016, 02:10:51 PM
I don't agree with the Christian Right on a number of things.  I'm not a social conservative but a fiscal conservative and a social moderate if not liberal. While I don't like abortion, I'm not an activist pro-lifer.  It'll have to take a change in society or technological advances (most likely to occur) to get rid of abortion. I'm not going to protest outside an abortion clinic.  Who am I to tell another person what to do?  That only turns people off.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 28, 2016, 11:10:23 AM

Will you look at that maw!  A mouth like that could gobble up a man in nothing flat.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 28, 2016, 04:36:16 PM
Won't happen but that would still be preferable to a global thermonuclear war, in which case both of those countries would get obliterated.

Trump is so easily annoyed that he's very liable to launch nuclear weapons just because some other nation's leader got under his skin.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 28, 2016, 04:36:16 PM

Since you mention it, that's exactly the leverage that the Kremlin has tried to use for generations. We're crazier than you are, things will get out of control, nukes could fly, so you better cooperate with us.

The thing is, they're not that crazy and we never thought they were. So, we've always known that there was enough room to push back on the Russians when necessary -- Berlin, Cuba, Eastern Europe and most other places in the world where they operate.

136 or 142

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 28, 2016, 04:53:21 PM
Since you mention it, that's exactly the leverage that the Kremlin has tried to use for generations. We're crazier than you are, things will get out of control, nukes could fly, so you better cooperate with us.

The thing is, they're not that crazy and we never thought they were. So, we've always known that there was enough room to push back on the Russians when necessary -- Berlin, Cuba, Eastern Europe and most other places in the world where they operate.

That's not something I know anything about, but any person who votes for Trump believing he's the 'peace candidate' truly has to be a useless idiot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 28, 2016, 04:53:21 PM

Proxy wars may not throw the world into nuclear winter but they can be pretty bloody and brutal nonetheless. So are we supposed to be world police and fight that war AND the one in the Middle East AND take care of China and North Korea too?! You got the Avengers assembled or something?  ???

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 28, 2016, 05:24:15 PM
Proxy wars may not throw the world into nuclear winter but they can be pretty bloody and brutal nonetheless. So are we supposed to be world police and fight that war AND the one in the Middle East AND take care of China and North Korea too?! You got the Avengers assembled or something?  ???

We should always pick our battles, obviously. The key is to deter and prevent a lot more battles than we fight. We don't have a perfect record, but it's more than passable. And being the world's only superpower does carry some responsibilities.

albrecht

The logic escapes me- Clinton will prevent wars, destabilization of regions, and bring Russia to bear (hey, a pun) and she is so experienced, trained, and smart. But, at the same time, we have under her aegis  the "misspelled" reset button and relations with Russia very troubled and the Middle-Eastern chaos is spreading and now we get examples of "Muslim peace" all over that region and increasingly to Europe and North America on a daily basis. So either these events were intended (for some nefarious reason) or she was simply incompetent. Even the basics: if she and Obama really cared about national security wouldn't the FIRST thing they would do is act on intelligence and secure the border? Nothing makes logical sense: she is so healthy and full of energy but then disappears for days after such hard things as having to stand and talk for 90 minutes and either collapses negotiating that notoriously difficult obstacle course that is getting in van from a sidewalk?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 28, 2016, 05:41:29 PM
The logic escapes me- Clinton will prevent wars, destabilization of regions, and bring Russia to bear (hey, a pun) and she is so experienced, trained, and smart...
Pretty good for someone who couldn't figure out classified information markings.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294323-clinton-thought-classified-markings-in-emails-were-meant

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on September 28, 2016, 05:41:29 PM
The logic escapes me- Clinton will prevent wars, destabilization of regions, and bring Russia to bear (hey, a pun) and she is so experienced, trained, and smart. But, at the same time, we have under her aegis  the "misspelled" reset button and relations with Russia very troubled and the Middle-Eastern chaos is spreading and now we get examples of "Muslim peace" all over that region and increasingly to Europe and North America on a daily basis. So either these events were intended (for some nefarious reason) or she was simply incompetent. Even the basics: if she and Obama really cared about national security wouldn't the FIRST thing they would do is act on intelligence and secure the border? Nothing makes logical sense: she is so healthy and full of energy but then disappears for days after such hard things as having to stand and talk for 90 minutes and either collapses negotiating that notoriously difficult obstacle course that is getting in van from a sidewalk?

Beam me up, Scotty!

albrecht

Normally we are told to vote on someone's record or accomplishments but since her misspelled "reset" button didn't work, terrorism has increased (even in our countries,) and mayhem is occurring both in countries south of the open-border, Africa, and the Middle-East (and parts of Europe and coming here) all under Obama/Clinton's policies. Racial tensions haven't been this high for decades and violent crime is rising in many of our major cities. And she promises to continue these policies and in some cases even EXPAND them (more wars and more "refugees"?) And that is supposed to motivate voters?

Maybe why most of the speakers and frantic democrats talking points is not WHY to vote for Hillary, except she is a woman, but to vote AGAINST Trump. Because almost all of her policies turned out to not just be failures but epic ones that are destabilizing whole regions.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 28, 2016, 05:32:45 PM
We should always pick our battles, obviously. The key is to deter and prevent a lot more battles than we fight. We don't have a perfect record, but it's more than passable. And being the world's only superpower does carry some responsibilities.

If that's the case then I would say concentrate on the more irrational of those 4 problems and mend fences with the more rational. By that standard we should seek better relations with Russia and China and concentrate on the caliphate people and Kooky Kim and his nuclear firecrackers.  ;)