• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Clinton Trump Debates

Started by Laughing Gator, September 23, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

Donald Noory

Does Trump have Alzheimer's? I know his dad had it.

Dr. MD MD

Well, it's 26th and Trump didn't go...or did he?  ???

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on September 26, 2016, 08:47:51 PM
Agree. I think she won it, simply by not coughing and not keeling over but even beyond that, although still showed some weaknesses but Trump didn't change enough for other voters and kept being defensive instead of replying to certain things. A win for the Clinton Machine.
I tend to agree with you and Gravity.

This will a good video for him to watch and learn from.  I think the second debate will be quite different, perhaps.  We'll see.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on September 26, 2016, 08:43:28 PM
Maddow just called Trump a heckler rather than a participant.

"Dimwitted bully" is the most accurate term.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 26, 2016, 08:45:20 PM
Clinton did better than I expected, but I still think she is evil. She was better prepared with facts. Still doesn't mean I agree with her policies or what she wants to (or would) do.

I had higher hopes for Trump. I think his stubborness in not wanting to actually practice showed and hurt him.

Moderator lost control too many times.

I would agree with your assessment GS. I think he should have prepared for it better realizing that she would be polished and on the offensive. He should have just tefloned and hammered her instead of focusing on defending himself. Poor Lester was beat down and owned by both of them lol. 

Donald Noory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2016, 08:46:08 PM
Well, Trump made a few good points but overall came across as less eloquent and prepared. Not to be a shill but I have to give it to Hillary.

136 or 142

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 26, 2016, 08:54:01 PM
I would agree with your assessment GS. I think he should have prepared for it better realizing that she would be polished and on the offensive. He should have just tefloned and hammered her instead of focusing on defending himself. Poor Lester was beat down and owned by both of them lol.

He wasn't a great moderator. I found his questions favored Clinton a little more but, of course, he's on MSNBC.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2016, 08:55:48 PM
He wasn't a great moderator. I found his questions favored Clinton a little more but, of course, he's on MSNBC.

Yeah blame the moderator just like Trump will do tomorrow. Bwahahaha.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 26, 2016, 08:54:16 PM

This is something you would never admit in a million years, even if your candidate was beaten and bloodied. I have hope he'll get her next time. If not, Gary Johnson.  :P

136 or 142

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 26, 2016, 08:56:43 PM

Breitbart's doing that already.

Donald Noory

Trump at the debate. Can't wait to see the fact checkers' findings.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2016, 08:55:48 PM

Very true. I found there were a few designed to hit Trump hard but nothing of the sort towards Clinton.

Trump started out like gangbusters but then somehow ran off the rails and never got back on. Whenever he tried, he sidetracked into things not directly related to Clinton or the subject at hand or missed opportunities to take her back down.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 26, 2016, 08:56:43 PM

Look, I gave it to your CIA chimp. This is my honest opinion about Holt. She still won though. Trump is not a great speaker. He's going to have to do a lot more polishing to win the next one.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2016, 08:58:14 PM
This is something you would never admit in a million years, even if your candidate was beaten and bloodied. I have hope he'll get her next time. If not, Gary Johnson.  :P

Wrong. I'd admit it. But I know Trump is too stupid, easily flustered, and unprepared to beat her.

I think it's a moral victory for Hillary but only because she didn't cough or pass out. I don't think Lester Holt helped her case. She scored some blows but Trump countered all of them. Trump spent too much time on defense. With two debates to go, we'll see...

Donald Noory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 26, 2016, 09:00:46 PM
Trump is not a great speaker. He's going to have to do a lot more polishing to win the next one.

You can't polish a turd.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 26, 2016, 08:40:07 PM
. . . of dollars.  He's said it enough time we know what he meant.  But that's the only thing he can be faulted for.  Rhetoric.

Sorry Starr but he just didn't do well. I'm sure he knew it while it was happening. Debate #2 is questionable at this point. He knows he would have to do a lot better.

Donald Noory

Quote from: rekcuf on September 26, 2016, 09:00:49 PM
I think it's a moral victory for Hillary but only because she didn't cough or pass out. I don't think Lester Holt helped her case. She scored some blows but Trump countered all of them. Trump spent too much time on defense. With two debates to go, we'll see...

...if he does the next debates and doesn't drop out of them.

albrecht

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on September 26, 2016, 09:00:00 PM
Very true. I found they were a few designed to hit Trump hard but nothing of the sort towards Clinton.

Trump started out like gangbusters but then somehow ran off the rails and never got back on. Whenever he tried, he sidetracked into things not directly related to Clinton or the subject at hand or missed opportunities to take her back down.
I think he should have rested and convalesced like Hillary and not done other events. Too much defense and allowed the MSNBC Clinton guy and Hillary to control the event. And pulled back too much. I know focus-groups say you have to have soft-gloves since Hillary is a woman but still equality should be that. He should've gone more on her health, her lying, and her corruption and marriage of convenience.

Value Of Pi

Told you, Tri-Ox compound. Works every time.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 26, 2016, 09:02:18 PM
Sorry Starr but he just didn't do well. I'm sure he knew it while it was happening. Debate #2 is questionable at this point. He knows he would have to do a lot better.
I agree, Pi.  I expected much more from him.  But like I said.  He can review this debate to prepare for the next one.  I think he will do far better.

Meh.  He is what he is.  She is what she is.  I'd expect the next debates to kind of follow the same path. 

If you liked Hillary going in - you still will vote for her.  If you like Donald going in - you still will vote for him.

If you were disgusted by both going in - you probably are still disgusted.  The loutish brawler versus the
swarmy, political hack.

albrecht

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 26, 2016, 09:05:17 PM
I agree, Pi.  I expected much more from him.  But like I said.  He can review this debate to prepare for the next one.  I think he will do far better.
The callers on C-Span are hilarious. C2C style- on both sides. A heavy smoker old-lady just "welcomed Hillary's smile for this time in our country." Actually many female callers, which is sort of rare for C-Span, lots for Trump about "making American great again and the bias/failure of moderator." But funny. Some drunk. I think they should do a real debate, no moderator.

LadyFish

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 26, 2016, 09:05:43 PM
Meh.  He is what he is.  She is what she is.  I'd expect the next debates to kind of follow the same path. 

If you liked Hillary going in - you still will vote for her.  If you like Donald going in - you still will vote for him.

If you were disgusted by both going in - you probably are still disgusted.  The loutish brawler versus the
swarmy, political hack.

Yeah, but Trump gave a shoutout to MV. That could be a real game changer.

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on September 26, 2016, 09:07:43 PM
The callers on C-Span are hilarious. C2C style- on both sides. A heavy smoker old-lady just "welcomed Hillary's smile for this time in our country." Actually many female callers, which is sort of rare for C-Span, lots for Trump about "making American great again and the bias/failure of moderator." But funny. Some drunk. I think they should do a real debate, no moderator.
Trump wanted that. 

I think you could sell tickets to that show. ;D