• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

9/11 Memories

Started by Uncle Duke, September 10, 2016, 06:50:46 PM

ksm32

Quote from: albrecht on September 10, 2016, 11:50:04 PM
I recall also later flying into MSP and there were what looked like anti-plane batteries? Not sure but seemed like. Also Funny, the famous wide-stance bathroom was my favorite after the long flight. To shit. Only later I found out Senator went there to hook-up! I was laughing so much when I heard. Cause if not business lounge one always figures out what shitters let you have time/privacy to crap without traffic, like what best airport bar. (At least I do.)

https://youtu.be/gJskIhGbDq4

Sorry, ALB! I quoted the wrong post. You had mentioned a town in Newfoundland Canada.

Woke up, changed, turned on morning news, saw what happened, got sad for a while, read Rebuilding America's Defences, got cynical for an even longer while.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on September 11, 2016, 10:00:06 AM
How do you explain the mid-air pulverization of tens of thousands of pounds of concrete?

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on September 11, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
It's another bullshit concept cooked up by the troofers, because the old ones have gone stale after 15 years.

I don't find your explanation to be at all compelling.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on September 11, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
If I put you in a room without an Internet connection and the ability to cut and paste, and gave you five minutes to explain "mid-air pulverization" or "directed energy weapon" or "pyroclastic flow" in your own words, you'd be reduced to tears.

I don't find your estimation of my skillset to be even remotely accurate.

Quote from: Hog on September 11, 2016, 09:57:40 PM
Their arguement is senseless.

Who is 'they,' and what is the 'arguement'? Be specific.

Value Of Pi

I was asleep about 20 miles from the WTC when the first plane, AA 11, flew over, about ten miles west of us. After it hit, I got a phone call and turned on the TV and the radio. There were lots of reporters calling in but nobody could confirm what type of plane hit the tower. Very few details until we saw the second plane hit.

The next day, we went down by the shore to see what we could see. A bunch of people did the same thing. The sky was very clear except for the huge pall of smoke hanging over lower Manhattan, like a nuke had gone off in some disaster movie. The plume rose vertically in a jagged column and then spread out horizontally for miles and miles, grey and black against a blue sky.

It was very quiet, with none of the air traffic you normally heard.  Occasionally, every 20 minutes or so, one of the Air National Guard fighters flew over the water on their Combat Air Patrol, usually too high to see clearly. The whole scene felt like war even though the surroundings were clearly our home turf. Very odd, unreal feeling.

The day after, the ash started to come down. Lots of fine bits, likely concrete and building material. When it hit the ground, it started to coalesce into bigger bits which the wind would blow around. It was like in years past when buildings still used incinerators and the black ash would blow around, except this stuff was grayish.

I got a call from a friend who worked in lower Manhattan about half a mile from the WTC. He had to walk home the day of the attack across the Brooklyn Bridge, since no trains or buses were operating. His day was pretty rough and he didn't feel like saying much. All the talking seemed to be happening on TV, actually. People were very quiet and courteous. That lasted for a while.

Quote from: Jackstar on September 12, 2016, 01:11:50 AM
I don't find your explanation to be at all compelling.

I'm shocked.  No, wait, I'm crushed.  No no wait, I'm shocked and crushed.

Actually, I don't give a good goddamn what you think.  I'm just entertaining myself, which is why I stop responding for days at a time, because there's usually something more interesting to do than torment a retard.

Jackstar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on September 12, 2016, 04:48:34 AM
Actually, I don't give a good goddamn what you think.  I'm just entertaining myself,

Quote from: Jackstar on September 11, 2016, 10:00:06 AM
How do you explain the mid-air pulverization of tens of thousands of pounds of concrete?

Come on. You're so smart.

Jackstar

"How do you explain the mid-air pulverization of tens of thousands of pounds of concrete?" is a great question to let telemarketers deal with.