• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pucker up.

Started by Jackstar, August 16, 2016, 07:49:48 PM

Jackstar

Quote‘Shadow Brokers’ Leak Raises Alarming Question: Was the N.S.A. Hacked?

Gee, I wonder.
Who could have seen this coming?

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 16, 2016, 09:40:44 PM

Oh, so this is what they are talking about when they say cow farts are causing global warming. Okay.

Farm fresh burgers and warm milk, straight from the farm.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 17, 2016, 09:54:34 AM

They've got to be Russian Orthodox. Every time I see clips on Russian Orthodox priests, they are always hipsters and biker types. Has me rethinking whether I should go back to church or not.

Sweeeeeeeeeet !

Nice avatar BTW. Pitch Black.

Jackstar

Quote"Robust security controls are in place across the end to end smart metering system and all devices must be independently assessed by an expert security organisation, irrespective of their country of origin."

Translation: we will do nothing about this until it is too late.

As bad as all this seems, it's actually worse. Rubin is almost certainly not the first person to discover these vulnerabilities, but as we learned during the US Copyright Office's 2015 proceedings on the DMCA, security researchers who uncover these security bugs are routinely silenced by their in-house counsel, because laws like Section 1201 of the DMCA -- and EU laws that implement Article 6 of the EUCD -- allow companies to sue (and even jail) anyone who reveals a flaw in their digital locks.

http://boingboing.net/2016/12/31/your-smart-meter-is-very-secur.html

I wish my neighbor had one of these. I'm rusty and could use the practice.