• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How old is the Morgus-Noory mind control bit?

Started by Robert, August 09, 2016, 08:50:04 PM

Robert

C2C trots it out ridiculously frequently, and I keep trying to remember when I 1st heard it, because in my memory it goes way back.  I have a recollection which may be confabulated of driving w a friend & listening to it in the daytime or early evening on some Sat. rerun of C2C that WABC was doing.  ISTR its having been in the late 20th C., but may have been the early 21st.

jazmunda

Quote from: Robert on August 09, 2016, 08:50:04 PM
C2C trots it out ridiculously frequently, and I keep trying to remember when I 1st heard it, because in my memory it goes way back.  I have a recollection which may be confabulated of driving w a friend & listening to it in the daytime or early evening on some Sat. rerun of C2C that WABC was doing.  ISTR its having been in the late 20th C., but may have been the early 21st.

One of the worst bits I ever heard was Noory "punching" Morgus as some kind of experiment. It was just awful and one of the many reasons I stopped listening to Noory.

Here it is if you can stand to listen.

https://youtu.be/0EqF9II23S8

Morgus

That bit is at least 10 years old now...

GravitySucks

Noory didn't start full time hosting (using the term loosely) until January, 2003. He did some guest host spots as early as 2001 and did Sunday nights for awhile, but he was never on C2C in the 20th century.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 09, 2016, 11:41:04 PMNoory didn't start full time hosting (using the term loosely) until January, 2003. He did some guest host spots as early as 2001 and did Sunday nights for awhile, but he was never on C2C in the 20th century.
Thanks.  That puts an early bound on when I might've heard it.  It's possible that I'm conflating a time I was driving w a friend listening to something else, and a time I was listening to that elsewhere, but it's also likely I'm putting the time in the car a little earlier than it was.

The bit makes it sound like Morgus & Noory already had a relationship of long standing, but I also have an impression that was a deliberately false or exaggerated one.  Is it possible the bit was produced during the "Night Hawk" years?  ISTR Morgus's having been on sometimes w Art Bell on C2C, or at least Art's having mentioned him a few times.

Morgus

My guesstimate is that bit was early in Noory's fulltime hosting period, circa 2005.
He has replayed it probably a hundred times since then.