• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Started by starrmtn001, August 05, 2016, 04:23:01 PM

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 14, 2016, 09:42:17 PM
Dong Squared is a favorite in any event, competition or endeavor he enters.

*sigh* Hail: King of the (((powerbottoms)))

starrmtn001

Quote from: rekcuf on August 14, 2016, 09:50:11 PM
*sigh* Hail: King of the (((powerbottoms)))
Weren't they called (((bellbottoms))) back in the day?

jazmunda

Quote from: rekcuf on August 14, 2016, 10:02:54 PM
2 Dongs in hand is worth 1 in the bush...

Also works with Tush. Or so I've been told.

Quote from: rekcuf on August 14, 2016, 10:02:54 PM
2 Dongs in hand is worth 1 in the bush...

Two dongs don't make a right.

jazmunda

Quote from: rekcuf on August 14, 2016, 10:29:27 PM
3 dongs make ping pong.

My cat like reflexes enabled me to catch a ping pong at a bachelor party once.

I guess it is the male version of catching the bouquet at a wedding (with the chance of catching something else).

The Green pool is the least concern for the divers

albrecht

Irish IOC chief arrested for scalping tickets in the on-going investigation.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/17/olympic-committee-ireland-pat-hickey-arrest-tickets?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I think there should be a "World Cup" competition to see which organizations has the best corruption:
1) FIFA
2) IOC
3) UN
4) Foundations (like the Clinton Foundation, DiCaprio Foundation, and all the others....)
5) Charities
6) Banks
7) Big businesses (especially in niche industries like mining)

trostol

Quote from: albrecht on August 17, 2016, 04:46:15 PM
Irish IOC chief arrested for scalping tickets in the on-going investigation.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/17/olympic-committee-ireland-pat-hickey-arrest-tickets?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I think there should be a "World Cup" competition to see which organizations has the best corruption:
1) FIFA
2) IOC
3) UN
4) Foundations (like the Clinton Foundation, DiCaprio Foundation, and all the others....)
5) Charities
6) Banks
7) Big businesses (especially in niche industries like mining)

FIFA would be in the finals every time lol

zeebo

There is something wrong with me.  I hunger for Olympic Badminton.  I crave it.  Soon it will be over and I will be lost.  I've got the badminton fever.  BADMINTON!!!

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on August 18, 2016, 03:20:33 PM
There is something wrong with me.  I hunger for Olympic Badminton.  I crave it.  Soon it will be over and I will be lost.  I've got the badminton fever.  BADMINTON!!!

Shuttlecock. tee hee.

trostol

anyone know what that other thing the medalists are getting aside from the actual medal

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on August 18, 2016, 07:30:14 PM
anyone know what that other thing the medalists are getting aside from the actual medal

Zika

Yorkshire pud

Non of the white supremisists mentioned this; clearly an oversight. However I'm happy to remind them of the nastier side of those clean cut poster boys who assume that because the police might be Brazilian, they're not neccesarilly as stupid as the poster boys are. Cowards too, they hadn't the balls to admit anything until the non caucasian plod told them they were lying shits; intending to pass a story the folks back home would believe, because clean cut kids are pure.

He was one of four gold medallists, along with star Ryan Lochte, who hit the headlines after Mr Lochte said the group had been robbed in Rio.

Rio Olympics: US swimmer Jimmy Feigen 'settles robbery row' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-37130024

3OctaveFart

It's time for this swimming tough-guy phylum to swim away. You're not bad, you're not cool, you're not smart, you're not even exciting to watch. And you rank somewhere far behind professional wrestling in our national sports consciousness.

Rix Gins

Did any of you see Africa's Caster Semenya run in the Women's 800 meters qualifying event last night?  I happened to catch it.  Wow, what a runner.  She stayed with the pack for a good three quarters of the race and then like magic, (or rather, Usain Bolt) she easily made her way to the front and took first place with ease.  She is very masculine looking...very muscular.  I have never heard her talk, but others have said that she has a deep, man like voice.  And therein lies the problem.  Caster, through no fault of her own, was born with testes that remain inside of her and they pump out high levels of testosterone, thus she has increased strength and endurance over the other female competitors.  People are divided into two camps regarding her.  It's kind of like a Clinton/Trump thing.  Some think that she is more a man than a woman and shouldn't be competing in the race.  The other side thinks that she should be looked on with love and understanding, and be allowed to compete in the races and receive, beyond all certainty, the gold medal.  They played a pre-race feature on her last night and I was left with the impression that some of the other racers were less than happy to be racing with Caster.  Anyway, here's the article.  She will be running in the final, later tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure which.  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sports/caster-semenya-800-meters.html?_r=0     

Hog

Quote from: Rix Gins on August 19, 2016, 02:55:24 PM
Did any of you see Africa's Caster Semenya run in the Women's 800 meters qualifying event last night?  I happened to catch it.  Wow, what a runner.  She stayed with the pack for a good three quarters of the race and then like magic, (or rather, Usain Bolt) she easily made her way to the front and took first place with ease.  She is very masculine looking...very muscular.  I have never heard her talk, but others have said that she has a deep, man like voice.  And therein lies the problem.  Caster, through no fault of her own, was born with testes that remain inside of her and they pump out high levels of testosterone, thus she has increased strength and endurance over the other female competitors.  People are divided into two camps regarding her.  It's kind of like a Clinton/Trump thing.  Some think that she is more a man than a woman and shouldn't be competing in the race.  The other side thinks that she should be looked on with love and understanding, and be allowed to compete in the races and receive, beyond all certainty, the gold medal.  They played a pre-race feature on her last night and I was left with the impression that some of the other racers were less than happy to be racing with Caster.  Anyway, here's the article.  She will be running in the final, later tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure which.  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/sports/caster-semenya-800-meters.html?_r=0     

IIRC there is a 2nd intersex woman who is running in the final.  I cant remember her name though.  For the last few years these women have been forced to take medications to limit their endogenous testosterone production.  Similar medications are court ordered to pedophiles to attempt to keep their test. levels low in order to kill their libido/sex drive.

Maybe Usain Bolt should be sanctioned because of his long stride length?  If you are naturally born a certain way, that just happens to be an advantage is some sport, then so be it.  Caster's extra testosterone advantage is a naturally occuring condition, lets not take away the happy positive side of her condition, as I'm sure she has/does have to deal with many of its unkind/negative impacts on her life.  She will peak as she ages, then will retire from athletics just like every other athlete will.

The 800m finals are Sat night (tonight)

peace
Hog

I finally figured out whom she reminds me of.

Yorkshire pud

How about the culmination of over four years of getting up at 4am everyday, down to the pool/track/field/river or gym, and working their asses off? Take Max Whitlock (who?) double gold gymnast. He's 23 years old. Now I'm not one to give the 'hero' epithet to sports people, but this has been the cleanest games in recent history, which is probably why the leveling of the playing field (as in we don't see testosterone injected east Germans) has thrown up results that would have been unheard of even 30 years ago.

ShayP

It's called money.  ;) 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: TigerLily on August 20, 2016, 01:32:52 PM
I have been loving the Olympics. So many great moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKWAUYTVHAA

The Womens Hockey final lst night was such a moment. GB V Holland. In the 2012 games, the GB captain had her jaw broken in a match, had it wired up and played the next match. I hope the wankers who play football (soccer) are suitably shamed when the roll around as if they've been shot after being tripped up.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on August 18, 2016, 03:20:33 PM

FENCING!!!  Luckily football will soon fill the void

akwilly

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 20, 2016, 01:37:18 PM
The Womens Hockey final lst night was such a moment. GB V Holland. In the 2012 games, the GB captain had her jaw broken in a match, had it wired up and played the next match. I hope the wankers who play football (soccer) are suitably shamed when the roll around as if they've been shot after being tripped up.
i always wondered what was in those cans the trainer's spray on the soccer players.