• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

Ok thanks for being rational Nick.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on March 27, 2015, 12:18:10 AM
Ok thanks for being rational Nick.

No problem. He speaks for no one, and on BellGab we welcome all with open arms except for those pesky davebots.

Davebots?   Should I even ask?    ;D

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on March 27, 2015, 12:21:06 AM
Davebots?   Should I even ask?    ;D

Join us in the Art Bell thread, and I'm sure you will get filled in on that. Plus you might get to chat with the man, myth, and legend himself.

Catsmile

MV limits the embedded thumbnails to keep the server from bogging down loading a page.
It has nothing to do with who you are, or how long you have been here.
Once 20 GooTube videas are posted per page, it defaults to the GooTube links, that can be clicked to the see videa. Again it's nothing personal, just for the sake of page load speed.

rzr1911

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 27, 2015, 12:15:21 AM
Btw, I wouldn't put to much into what rzr1911 had to say about your choice of music because he is having another moment.
It wasn't my intention to put anybody's music down. It was meant as a general statement and guidance.
When people only post 1 video per comment we don't run into the 20 limit per page so easily,
and 1-2 videos per band should really be enough. Everybody should be able to pick the 2 best of a band he wants to recommend.
I'm not going to post the entire catalogue of Depeche Mode either.
Also people should keep in mind that the music should be somewhat compatible with the show, audience, and Art. I doubt he'll play lots of heavy metal or dubstep.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 27, 2015, 12:45:36 AM
It wasn't my intention to put anybody's music down. It was meant as a general statement and guidance.
When people only post 1 video per comment we don't run into the 20 limit per page so easily,
and 1-2 videos per band should really be enough. Everybody should be able to pick the 2 best of a band he wants to recommend.
I'm not going to post the entire catalogue of Depeche Mode either.
Also people should keep in mind that the music should be somewhat compatible with the show, audience, and Art. I doubt he'll play lots of heavy metal or dubstep.

Don't be such a dick about it, and just let the guy post what he want... and as you said earlier (I think it was you) Art and others can make up their own minds about what to look at. Even if the videos don't pop up we can still click on them as Catsmile said. No harm, no foul.

rzr1911

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 27, 2015, 12:50:28 AM
Don't be such a dick about it, and just let the guy post what he want..
I did not criticize anyone's music. I'm sorry, if it appeared that way it was because of my bad grammar.

I demand little balerina blue.

henge0stone

The only bumper music I outright dislike is Words of Love. It's so annoying YOU OUGHTTTA KNOW BY NOWW! Omg its horrible.

Get right back where we started from I used to like but he overplayed the crap out of it.

Another one I'm now am sick of is Nothing but a heartack. God its annoying, those girls just yell at the end so tired of it.

Cusco is the all time best music for the show. In 1999 he completely abandoned Cusco and kept playing 50s and 60s music. Elvis's Marie and Moody River are the two best out of that bunch. He played a few Beatles but not the really good ones. I hope he goes back to Cusco in the 2000s.

=Schlyder=

Now that I know how to embed these I will post this again.

Oxygène 1-13 (Jean-Michel Jarre)

rzr1911

http://youtu.be/MiriKdwQwJg
one of his best tracks. although there's a lot of great music by Jean-Michel Jarre :)

rzr1911

Quote from: henge0stone on March 27, 2015, 02:57:31 PM
The only bumper music I outright dislike is Words of Love. It's so annoying YOU OUGHTTTA KNOW BY NOWW! Omg its horrible.
I dislike 99% of all Beatles music. Please don't play them on your show ever again.

=Schlyder=

These are a couple good songs from a Canadian band named Uzeb.
There are some good sections in these that would be good bumper music.

UZEB - Loose

UZEB-Apres Les Confidences.

rzr1911

http://youtu.be/ikUAAI9QIg8
Play more ABBA!!! they have so many great songs!
Nothing comes close to them since 30 years.
They have the perfect voices, compositions and arrangements.

aldousburbank

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 28, 2015, 04:16:02 AM
I dislike 99% of all Beatles music. Please don't play them on your show ever again.
Get behind me Satan!

maureen

popple

Eh, why not? Here is another good Canadian band. Chilliwack - Fly At Night (1977)

https://youtu.be/kKY7yonQ_I4

Good luck on your bumper search, Art!  :)

nika01

Blue Oyster Cult Extraterrestrial Live is a great album. Parts of Veteran of Psychic Wars would be great for voice over. That song is one of my all time faves, best live guitar bar none. 

Howdareu

Up the ladder to the roof - supremes!

henge0stone

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 28, 2015, 04:16:02 AM

ok, not sure what that has to do with anything.  As much as I like the Beatles they don't really fit too well with the atmosphere of Art's show. loreena mckennitt and Cusco fit the best with the mysterious atmosphere of Art's topics and the night. Other Celtic or world music would be good too.   

Howdareu

Up the ladder to the roof - supremes!

Uptempo fun and encouraging. Everything today's music really isn't.