• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 02:37:18 PM
"How to lose a country in 10 minutes"
It sounds they may have managed a take-over faster than Drudge could report it.

norland2424

http://time.com/4381049/turkey-erdogan-gollum-jail-man-rifat-cetin/

this coup couldn't have happen to a better " leader"

:A court in the southwest province of Antalya sentenced Rifat Cetin to one year in jail, suspended for five years, and took away his parental custody rights, the BBC reports. The crime of insulting the President of Turkey can result in up to four years in jail."

Most of what I've read says the military is secular and much of his own population does not like the Turkish prez who has authoritarian tendencies.  Plus he tried trolling Russia only to then hide behind the skirt of NATO.

Quote from: norland2424 on July 15, 2016, 02:44:58 PM
http://time.com/4381049/turkey-erdogan-gollum-jail-man-rifat-cetin/

this coup couldn't have happen to a better " leader"

:A court in the southwest province of Antalya sentenced Rifat Cetin to one year in jail, suspended for five years, and took away his parental custody rights, the BBC reports. The crime of insulting the President of Turkey can result in up to four years in jail."

Will they pivot and mobilize ground forces against ISIS. Their army could defeat ISIS quickly.

I LIVE CLOSE TO A GREEK ARMY BASE
JUST HEARD SIRENS, GREEK PRIME MINISTER
MEETS WITH GREEK ARMY OFFICIALS.

CALL TO ARMS INCOMING, GET READY TO FIGHT.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 15, 2016, 02:46:13 PM
Most of what I've read says the military is secular and much of his own population does not like the Turkish prez who has authoritarian tendencies.  Plus he tried trolling Russia only to then hide behind the skirt of NATO.

Sounds promising.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 02:46:53 PM

No! Not the Greeks!

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 02:46:46 PM
Will they pivot and mobilize ground forces against ISIS. Their army could defeat ISIS quickly.

hopefully the junta would, it has a better chance of happening then it did under erdogan

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 02:47:18 PM
Sounds promising.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 02:46:53 PM

Or not. 

What weird interesting confusing times to be alive.

Greece is right next to Turkey. Calling up their military is the smart move. Greece doesn't know what Turkey's up to...

Ghost is on in five minutes, he's going to lose his mind at all the happenings.

I_Speculate

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 02:53:16 PM
Greece is right next to Turkey. Calling up their military is the smart move. Greece doesn't know what Turkey's up to...

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 02:54:52 PM

Ghost is on in five minutes, he's going to lose his mind at all the happenings.

Jahoodys, Turkee sammiches, Deray, Bronies, Dindus oh my. *faints*

VtaGeezer

The first world's first Facebook/Instagram coup?

K_Dubb

So the janissaries are strangling the sultan again.

VtaGeezer

There's an ongoing coup/crisis in Turkey, and instead of  consulting with his own government and allies while the shit is still flying, fuckwit John Kerry ran for the cameras and is answering reporters questions.  Jessus keerist, enough is fucking enough.  Next we'll hear from the WH and HMH that the US stands with its great friend Erdogan.  Fuck me; I can't believe how incompetent this bunch is.  Maybe the Turks will give the Pentagon an idea.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 15, 2016, 03:07:08 PM
There's an ongoing coup/crisis in Turkey, and instead of  consulting with his own government and allies while the shit is still flying, fuckwit John Kerry ran for the cameras and is answering reporters questions.  Jessus keerist, enough is fucking enough.  Next we'll hear from the WH and HMH that the US stands with its great friend Erdogan.  Fuck me; I can't believe how incompetent this bunch is.  Maybe the Turks will give the Pentagon an idea.

One can hope.

“Turkish Armed Forces have completely taken over the administration of the country to reinstate constitutional order, human rights and freedoms, the rule of law and general security that was damaged."

Sounds like what we need here.

Banks are being raided in Turkey. Major run on ATMs in the middle of war zones.