• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

Jesus, every day now some crazy shit happening.

Turkey is currently under a military coup.

The internet has been shut down.

Info slowly leaking out.

F-16s and tanks are in and over the capital.

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754041460454981632

Rumors about the army declaring martial law.

They have shut down both bridges in İstanbul, arresting police officers in the meantime.

https://twitter.com/PieroCastellano

norland2424

wonder what area that jet is flying CAP for

I_Speculate

Part of the military is attempting a coup in Turkey, the country’s Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said, following reports of military jets and helicopters flying low over Ankara and Istanbul.
"Some people took illegal action outside of the chain of command," Yildirim told news network NTV. "The government elected by the people remains in charge. This government will only go when the people say so," he added.

A military helicopter has reportedly opened fire in the district of Ankara where the Turkish National Intelligence Organization headquarters is situated.

Yes It was very low ! pic.twitter.com/u4cuEse9yW#Turkey#Ankara#Istanbul

â€" Falak shabir (@falakshabir02) July 15, 2016
According to local news agencies, a large number of ambulance vehicles has been sent towards the Turkish General Staff building in the capital.

Right now in #Ankara,.#istanbul
pic.twitter.com/pnIyBClzH1#انقلاب_عسكري_بتركيا

â€" Fإشراقة أملF (@malikk2008) July 15, 2016
According to Yıldırım, Turkish security forces are currently doing what needs to be done to resolve the situation.

Shooting is being reported in the Turkish capital, Ankara, with military jets and helicopters seen in the sky above the city.

Curfew seems to have been enforced in Istanbul - army troops asking people to go home

pic.twitter.com/3o9lSbUNfF

â€" omar r quraishi (@omar_quraishi) July 15, 2016
According to reports on Twitter, the authorities have closed the two Bosporus bridges in Istanbul, where military jets have also been spotted flying.

Both Bosphorus bridges (Asia to Europe access) closed by troops, @cnnturk reports. Police helicopters over Beyoglu. pic.twitter.com/C8pm1GvX1P

â€" Piotr Zalewski (@p_zalewski) July 15, 2016
The reasons for the Turkish Air Force taking to the skies late Friday currently remain unclear.

Ankara Genelkurmay'ın önü pic.twitter.com/qSmPdOMIGk

â€" Çınar Livane Özer (@CinarOzer) July 15, 2016
Facebook and Twitter services were blocked in Ankara on Friday, RIA-Novosti reported.

Turkish soldiers block both bridges on the Bosphorus in Istanbul and jets flying low in Ankara. Reason not clear yet pic.twitter.com/tMG7KKYvGh

â€" Selin Girit (@selingirit) July 15, 2016
According to local media, all security personnel have been urgently called in to work.

Istanbul Ataturk Airport. pic.twitter.com/qffb7xAflh

â€" Gilgo (@agirecudi) July 15, 2016
A video by Turkish television channel NTV showed tanks stationed at the entrance to Ataturk Airport in Istanbul.

Turkish state-run television network TRT has been shut down, Bloomberg reported.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

VtaGeezer

The Turk PM just announced a coup against the Erdogan regime has been stopped.  I hope he's doing a "Baghdad Bob" and whistling past the graveyard.  A failed secular coup in Ankara would open the door for a massive purge by the Islamist Erdogan.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 02:16:57 PM
Baghdad Bob has a new gig.

Reactor leak... very dangerous! Trying to lock it down. Everything's fine here... how are you?

I_Speculate

What are the ramifications of a military take over?

Meaning i'm not sure who the good guys are. Did the people want to oust the President?

Is this a good or bad thing?

Being a NATO member are other NATO members required to intervene on the part of the elected leader?

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 15, 2016, 02:36:48 PM
What are the ramifications of a military take over?

Meaning i'm not sure who the good guys are. Did the people want to oust the President?

Is this a good or bad thing?

Being a NATO member are other NATO members required to intervene on the part of the elected leader?

Their President is no good.  He is on the side of the Islamists.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 02:39:00 PM

I hope you're right. I hope you're right.

I_Speculate

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 02:39:00 PM

Ok , yes i remember Putin saying they were supporting ISIS and allowing them to cross the border etc after they shot down the russian fighter jet and killed the pilot as he floated to the ground.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 02:40:41 PM
I hope you're right. I hope you're right.

yea and he was also buying oil from isis a few months back, fuck em

LIVE FROM TURKEE: IT'S SATURDAY MORNING!!!