• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

VtaGeezer

We will now be treated with yet another orgy of ignorance from network talking heads.  CNN's idiot at the Pentagon says we should get out of Turkey now because the military aren't an elected govt...like in Tehran and Moscow I suppose.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 15, 2016, 03:19:09 PM
We will now be treated with yet another orgy of ignorance from network talking heads.  CNN's idiot at the Pentagon says we should get out of Turkey now because the military aren't an elected govt...like in Tehran and Moscow I suppose.

As each year passes, I find myself more at odds with our government than I have ever been.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 03:21:00 PM
As each year passes, I find myself more at odds with our government than I have ever been.

In direct relation to the increased amount of black, brown, and breasted elected officials, no doubt.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 15, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
In direct relation to the increased amount of black, brown, and breasted elected officials, no doubt.

Nope. Just ideology.  I support black, brown, and breasted elected officials who are conservative. ;D ;)

albrecht

I wonder if this is simply the military as often in the past in the region taking power to 'correct' the corruption and increasing influence of Islamization into the law and politics or if Muhammed Fethullah Gülen is involved at all. There was quite a bit of stress and competition between him and Erdogan after the friendship ceased and is quite nasty. He is currently operated his 'cult' from a Pennsylvania compound.

I_Speculate

Erdowan using facetime while vacationing ; urging people to take to the streets.

Says do not worry all we be resolved shortly. LOL

albrecht

Turkey's politics has always been a fascinating stuff. Because of their position geographically and the conflict between secularism/Western world and the Islamic/Easter world. "Deep State" stuff. Here is a quick wiki overview of the history:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state
Frankly in this case I support the 'government within the government' and even military coups because of the risk of more Islamization into business, law, and government and they are, crazily, a NATO country.

Quote from: Empress on July 15, 2016, 03:34:31 PM
Good. Erdogan was ruining Turkey.

I hate when it's dry on Thanksgiving.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 03:41:37 PM
Wow!   You said it, sister.

He's been awful for the country and for the region. He restarted shit with the PKK ending that cease fire and even going as far as bombing them in Iraq while they were fighting Daesh. He's been a headache for US interests in Syria, especially with him starting up shit with the YPG and supplying various Islamist rebels in Syria including Daesh and Al-Nusra.

He's shit and good riddance. 

norland2424

Cnn just showed him FaceTimeing with cnn in Turkey, hes asking for the people to rise up and fight the military.

Quote from: Empress on July 15, 2016, 03:50:11 PM
He's been awful for the country and for the region. He restarted shit with the PKK ending that cease fire and even going as far as bombing them in Iraq while they were fighting Daesh. He's been a headache for US interests in Syria, especially with him starting up shit with the YPG and supplying various Islamist rebels in Syria including Daesh and Al-Nusra.

He's shit and good riddance.

Well-said!  You continue to impress me. :D ;)

Quote from: norland2424 on July 15, 2016, 03:50:39 PM
Cnn just showed him FaceTimeing with cnn in Turkey, hes asking for the people to rise up and fight the military.

Nothing says "total control" like giving an interview from the coat closet...

Toodles, everyone.  I have some things to do.

I_Speculate

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 03:55:50 PM

They 'say' he is on a yacht vacationing.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 03:56:15 PM
Toodles, everyone.  I have some things to do.

So many press conferences end this way.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 03:55:50 PM

It worked for Saddam, oh wait

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on July 15, 2016, 03:35:20 PM
I wonder if this is simply the military as often in the past in the region taking power to 'correct' the corruption and increasing influence of Islamization into the law and politics or if Muhammed Fethullah Gülen is involved at all. There was quite a bit of stress and competition between him and Erdogan after the friendship ceased and is quite nasty. He is currently operated his 'cult' from a Pennsylvania compound.

Pretty big fraud lawsuit in Texas against Gulen-related assets. You might be able to find a more recent article. Turkey had just filed a brief with the court.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/05/25/frank-gaffney-mafia-war-turkish-government-gulen-cult-spilled-texas-schools/

VtaGeezer

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 15, 2016, 03:56:55 PM
They 'say' he is on a yacht vacationing.
Methinks his yacht is headed for where ever his money is.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 03:14:16 PM
“Turkish Armed Forces have completely taken over the administration of the country to reinstate constitutional order, human rights and freedoms, the rule of law and general security that was damaged."

Sounds like what we need here.
LOL.  Same thought here.  Just as long as they can get the restroom situation sorted-out, post haste.

ItsOver

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 03:17:00 PM
Banks are being raided in Turkey. Major run on ATMs in the middle of war zones.
I hope Pokemon Go is still a go there.

VtaGeezer

It's not a good sign for the incumbent when the news people on TV are discussing where you'll seek asylum.

So I guess we can officially declare that bringing democracy to the Middle East has failed.