• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

Jackstar

Increasingly obvious that this event was deliberately used to Bigfoot the 28 pages. But you guys are smart, I bet you already deduced that I came to that conclusion.

Up All Night

From Wiki:

Every fit male Turkish citizen otherwise not barred is required to serve in the military for a period ranging from three weeks to a year, dependent on education and job location. Turkey does not recognize conscientious objection and does not offer a civilian alternative to military service.

Turkey has the second largest standing military force in NATO, after the US Armed Forces, with an estimated strength of 495,000 deployable forces, according to a 2011 NATO estimate. Turkey is one of five NATO member states which are part of the nuclear sharing policy of the alliance, together with Belgium, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands. A total of 90 B61 nuclear bombs are hosted at the Incirlik Air Base, 40 of which are allocated for use by the Turkish Air Force in case of a nuclear conflict, but their use requires the approval of NATO.

Uncle Duke

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20170920.aspx

Odd move to weaken a major NATO ally, even one we haven't seen eye-to-eye with over the past couple years.

3OctaveFart

Conscripts don't belong on the battlefield. You fight wars with professional soldiers only. It was always that way in Europe until the 20th century.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on September 25, 2017, 12:29:41 AM
Conscripts don't belong on the battlefield. You fight wars with professional soldiers only. It was always that way in Europe until the 20th century.

Cute! So, how often do you play with your tin soldiers?  :D

pate

I'm not a gudarm farmer, wait NOT AGAIN>?