• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

mikuthing01

post from /pol/

Türk here.

Its not a kemalist classic coup.
They do it better.

Too Sparse military force, too Bad planning. Not enough media blackout.

Either disorganized small groups of gülen really attempted something before being cleansed from army,

or massive fake coup False flag by the man himself.

Why i, my family and many around me believe this?

-low number of soldiers and tanks. Old coups had Parade like groups marching on the streets.
This time media replays a few isolated groups with 1-2 tanks at key locations and a few trucks loaded with soldiers blocking places.

-no media blackout. Big one. Usually they shut everything down and just have one channel declare martial law etc.
This time there was coverage (AKP sided coverage) of whole event from Start.
This is #1 for some of the population to rally behind the "democracy".

- no arrest of key figures. Another big one. They arrested big names first normally before anxthing went down.

So its either really the parralel feto group or just a big false flag.

Its NOT a real coup by kemalist military like old times. Trust me we all cheered when we heard but this stinks big time.
Old coups had only fuckfaces shot down. Now Theres Chaos.

K_Dubb

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 15, 2016, 08:44:52 PM
or massive fake coup False flag by the man himself.

Hahaha I was waiting for that one.  Interesting perspective, though.

Saw one report it was organized by a colonel who was recently fired, but can't find it.

Here it is, from the AP:

QuoteThe state-run Anadolu Agency, citing unnamed military sources, says the leader of the attempted coup is Col. Muharrem Kose.

The agency says Kose, who headed the military's legal advisory department, was dismissed from the position a short time ago.

The agency says other officers involved include Col. Mehmet Oguz Akkus, Maj. Erkan Agin and Lt. Col. Dogan Uysal.

VtaGeezer

Seems to be over.  Looks to me like the troops were deployed but when they learned why, they gave up pretty quickly.  42 dead in Ankara and some tank fire at the Parliament building. 

Jackstar

Quote from: mikuthing01 on July 15, 2016, 08:44:52 PM
"-low number of soldiers and tanks. Old coups had Parade like groups marching on the streets.
This time media replays a few isolated groups with 1-2 tanks at key locations and a few trucks loaded with soldiers blocking places.

-no media blackout. Big one. Usually they shut everything down and just have one channel declare martial law etc.
This time there was coverage (AKP sided coverage) of whole event from Start.
This is #1 for some of the population to rally behind the "democracy".

- no arrest of key figures. Another big one. They arrested big names first normally before anxthing went down.

So its either really the parralel feto group or just a big false flag."

How many pages could possibly benefit from this? 28? Or 29?

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 15, 2016, 08:47:33 PM
Hahaha I was waiting for that one.  Interesting perspective, though.

Saw one report it was organized by a colonel who was recently fired, but can't find it.

Here it is, from the AP:

It's always a Colonel in a coup.   So close to those General's stars but so far away...........
Guess they figure "What the hell.  Let's burn this Mother down"

I'm sorry that it failed.  Methinks the next time they try, they should just assassinate Erdogan.  Then there is no going back.

Why would you pull a coup when the President is on a plane out of the country? Seems like you can't have a coup unless you grab the head guy and blow his brains out.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
I'm sorry that it failed.  Methinks the next time they try, they should just assassinate Erdogan.  Then there is no going back.

With you on that. Fuck Turkey! We should patch things up with Russia and run a joint op getting rid of that terrorist factory.  ;)

I think Turkey is going to have to eventually be partitioned.  Istanbul clearly is highly European in culture.  Give the Muzzies the land east of Istanbul and the Kurds can also get their land.  I see no other solution.

Didn't see any Turks in comment, wanted to clear things up.

Erdogan called everyone out to the streets even though the army warned not to. Azans stating that this is a holy war, second independence war, Islam should be defended have been recited.

Army is very violent in Ankara. Many civilians have been shot (99% Erdogan supporters). Parliament was still under bombardment until 20 minutes ago (couldn't get any info since). Army had captured many important television channels but not all.

Istanbul is a little less violent. Bridges and Ataturk Airport is still under army control. Soldiers do not hesitate to drive over a couple persons who stand in front of tanks (to protest).

Parliament and police stations have been under heavy fire by airforce, mainly in Ankara by helicopters. Some have been shot down. Many soldiers were caught/surrendered in Istanbul.

The coup is mainly by the Air Force and Gendarmarie. Some land forces are strongly against it while many are inbetween. The fight until now has been between the police and coup, therefore small in size. If the land forces choose Erdogan's side it may get ugly, up to a full scale war for a short while. If some of them choose the coup's side, it will most likely succeed in several hours.

I will try to keep this thread up to date. It is not over yet.

Pic related, Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vObt9TWhEI
People shot live

Thanks for the update, VQ.  I'm out of the loop.

According to Turkish Anons, most of the anti-Coup fuckheads in the streets causing the problems are Syrians that were imported in by the Islamist leader.

mikuthing01

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 11:13:44 PM
According to Turkish Anons, most of the anti-Coup fuckheads in the streets causing the problems are Syrians that were imported in by the Islamist leader.

what a clusterfuck

K_Dubb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 15, 2016, 11:13:44 PM

There's a slim chance that some of the Turks who voted for him might also have taken umbrage.  I understand even the secularist opposition party has condemned the coup out of principle.  I am shocked that such things even exist in modern politics.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 15, 2016, 10:57:35 PM
Jesus wept, I like you dude, but I can't let this ignorance slide by.

It is ill informed nonsense like this that proves that conservatism is completely disconnected from rational thought, or anything resembling higher brain function.  I have read your last couple of dozen posts, where you have been sharting the sheets about the horrible scourge of RADICAL ISLAM (say it three times while clicking your heels, Dorothy), yet moments later you cheer on an illegal military coup in one of the precious few Westernized countries in the middle east.  What is next on your wish list, civil war in Jordan?  Do you want ISIS recruiting centres to pop up on every Istanbul corner like dollar stores in a Republican county?

You guys, and the mental midgets you elect, have saddled the world with enough Gaddafis and Husseins.  Your aimless world view consists of nothing more than pouring gasoline on already raging fires, and then blaming liberals, immigrants, and assorted non-whites when you set your stupid asses on fire.

Turkey is a NATO ally, and a modern western nation that has been struggling to eliminate radicalized elements of their society.  Your stupid notions of assassinations and military rule are offensive to those who value freedom and the rule of law, and support those around the world who resist oppression.  You should be ashamed of yourself for being a cheerleader for chaos and misery in others peoples lives.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 16, 2016, 12:15:15 AM

It is ill informed nonsense like this that proves that conservatism is completely disconnected from rational thought, or anything resembling higher brain function.  I have read your last couple of dozen posts, where you have been sharting the sheets about the horrible scourge of RADICAL ISLAM (say it three times while clicking your heels, Dorothy), yet moments later you cheer on an illegal military coup in one of the precious few Westernized countries in the middle east.  What is next on your wish list, civil war in Jordan?  Do you want ISIS recruiting centres to pop up on every Istanbul corner like dollar stores in a Republican county?

You guys, and the mental midgets you elect, have saddled the world with enough Gaddafis and Husseins.  Your aimless world view consists of nothing more than pouring gasoline on already raging fires, and then blaming liberals, immigrants, and assorted non-whites when you set your stupid asses on fire.

Turkey is a NATO ally, and a modern western nation that has been struggling to eliminate radicalized elements of their society.  Your stupid notions of assassinations and military rule are offensive to those who value freedom and the rule of law, and support those around the world who resist oppression.  You should be ashamed of yourself for being a cheerleader for chaos and misery in others peoples lives.

Factual but still naive. I think many see through the false dichotomy of right/left political thinking but almost everything you post is from the perspective that it's legit and that the left is simply right. Try harder, grasshopper!  ;)

Cool avatar though.  ;)

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 16, 2016, 12:15:15 AM

Can explain your reasoning behind hailing Turkey as a "westernized country"?

The ruler has imprisoned 100's of journalists.  He has closed TV stations and newspapers that were critical of him.  He has banned numerous political parties, and he has purged the military a few times.  Erodegan has consistently allied himself with more and more conservative Islamic values.

Again, tell us how Turkey is a "westernized country" and how military rule is offensive to those who value freedom.

I am still convinced that you are a troll, whose only purpose is to make liberals look foolish by what you post.

Leftists criticizing others for cheering on a pro-freedom and pro-human rights coup...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2016, 01:00:14 AM
Leftists criticizing others for cheering on a pro-freedom and pro-human rights coup...

I know. The merry-go-round has really spun that far now.  ::) ;D

Anonymous (ID: d3mxpjIJ)  07/16/16(Sat)04:51:17 No.81301052   [Reply]▶>>81317337
Heavy Erdogan propaganda on every tv channel. I can't take it. Guy literally staged whole thing 100% and now enjoying hero praise he receives from uneducated, mindless Muslim population.

Secularism is failing here, as a nonbeliever I'm already fucked. People who are secular and Kemalist are fucked. We're going down into shithole.

He'll become president, more and more powerful and oppressing. Citizens are too uneducated to analyze happenings, it's fucking depressing.

I'm seriously considering to suicide, seeing I'm not welcome in any western secular country. All my fault is to be born in this shithole middle east and I can do nothing about it. I study computer engineering in the most prestigious university in my country, but before I'll graduate, all doors on the west are already going to be closed.

I'm so damned, I can't stop feeling sad about my French girlfriend either, whom I met on Left 4 Dead 2, met three times and having relationship for like 3 years. (pic is relevant)

I managed to get rid of Islam and whatnot religious stories, by reading philosophy, learning some biology and anything positive science had to offer especially aroubd I was around 17. I confronted my dad, a "peaceful" enough but Islamist individual. Had to tank consequences. Still, It's not enough, I'm fucked.
For those who finds pleasure in other's pain. This is my gift to you. Enjoy.

albrecht

As I predicted Erdogan, and now major newspapers, are blaming Fethullah Gulen and didn't seem like the normal military coups like the past. So maybe, if the government and papers are to be believed it was only some colonels with a grudge or Gulen cultists? For what its worth from his Compound in Pennsylvania Gulen denies any involvement. So a staged event to allow Erdogan to purge more people from the military, government, and news agencies? Maybe. Turkish politics is so complicated and fraught with conspiracies, foreign influence, parallel governments/deep politics, and religious, ethnic, and secular conflicts that it might be impossible to tell what 'really happened' for some years.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2016, 08:54:56 AM
Anonymous (ID: d3mxpjIJ)  07/16/16(Sat)04:51:17 No.81301052   [Reply]▶>>81317337
Heavy Erdogan propaganda on every tv channel. I can't take it. Guy literally staged whole thing 100% and now enjoying hero praise he receives from uneducated, mindless Muslim population.

Secularism is failing here, as a nonbeliever I'm already fucked. People who are secular and Kemalist are fucked. We're going down into shithole.

He'll become president, more and more powerful and oppressing. Citizens are too uneducated to analyze happenings, it's fucking depressing.

I'm seriously considering to suicide, seeing I'm not welcome in any western secular country. All my fault is to be born in this shithole middle east and I can do nothing about it. I study computer engineering in the most prestigious university in my country, but before I'll graduate, all doors on the west are already going to be closed.

I'm so damned, I can't stop feeling sad about my French girlfriend either, whom I met on Left 4 Dead 2, met three times and having relationship for like 3 years. (pic is relevant)

I managed to get rid of Islam and whatnot religious stories, by reading philosophy, learning some biology and anything positive science had to offer especially aroubd I was around 17. I confronted my dad, a "peaceful" enough but Islamist individual. Had to tank consequences. Still, It's not enough, I'm fucked.

I still don't know if this was a setup. 1600 troops though? Sure makes the ole hamster wheel spin.

Jackstar

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 10:31:09 AM
I still don't know if this was a setup.

They release the 28--oh, wait, 29 rolleyes, pages on the same day they have a faux coup in the most corrupt terrain in the world, and...

you still don't know? What are you, Amish?

Jackstar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 16, 2016, 08:54:56 AM

Still not as bad as American high school in the Eighties. Buck up, Little Ahmed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on July 16, 2016, 10:42:48 AM

Still not as bad as American high school in the Eighties. Buck up, Little Ahmed.

It's true! I was there.  ;D

I always used to wish a revolution would happen to spice things up a little. Flock of Seagulls just wasn't cutting it.

Jackstar

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on July 16, 2016, 12:50:44 AM
I am still convinced that you are a troll, whose only purpose is to make liberals look foolish by what you post.

I don't usually read what you post, in spite of MV's perverse philosophical psychotorture, but it's going to be rough making a claim of Trolldom stick on the guy who literally started the Music.

Get bent, {kheif}.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 16, 2016, 10:47:52 AM
wish a revolution would happen to spice things up a little. Flock of Seagulls just wasn't cutting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npr0RKBucc

(historical note: They made three of these.)