• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

I don't think anyone really knows what is going on. At least which side is winning.

Juan

Why is The New York Times suddenly advertising on Bellgab?  What is MV up to?

Quote from: Juan on July 15, 2016, 06:55:49 PM

They see your Goldman Sachs avatar and think you are part of the crew.

I'm seeing ads for Walgreens (good deal on ensure nutrition shakes) and Mercedes. I'm not that old yet.

Hollow Man

Quote from: trostol on July 15, 2016, 06:42:30 PM
i might of missed it some where..is this good or bad for the world?

Good, I say. This creep's an Islamist. The military is pro-secular and anti-Islamist. Works for me.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Juan on July 15, 2016, 06:55:49 PM

Vapin' my dude

Go to www.bellgab.com or www.ufoship.com for all your vaping supplies

Laughing at "international SJW" comment.  I don't get the logic of him supporting the turk government when there are reports that they have been helping the US's enemies in Syria.  Plus, we have often supported non-democratically elected leaders when it suits perceived American interests, so why the sudden u-turn?  Like many other things with this administration, I don't get it. 

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 06:54:57 PM
I don't think anyone really knows what is going on. At least which side is winning.

Yea both sides are gonna be throwing disinfo until the dust settles.

mikuthing01

found this live link on facebook of Turkish CNN guy about to get possibly beheaded

https://www.facebook.com/cnnturk/videos/10157294358565106/

I_Speculate

Quote from: norland2424 on July 15, 2016, 07:08:21 PM
Link doesn't work

Works here. It's the CNN Turk studio with nobody in it ; and a shitload of people chanting somewhere outside.

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 15, 2016, 07:11:29 PM
Works here. It's the CNN Turk studio with nobody in it ; and a shitload of people chanting somewhere outside.

The fire rises my friend.

mikuthing01

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 15, 2016, 07:11:29 PM

there was a guy in it he was on the phone loosing his shit like he was about to die made me wish i know how to speak cockroach

aldousburbank

My head was already hurting today from trying to learn how to play Axis and Allies with my kid and now this Turkey crap is going on. I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR THIS GEOPOLITICAL JUNK!!!

albrecht

If they the long history of the military and the deep state providing 'correction' and stability, of a sort, to Turkey might be over because Erdogan, and his Islamists, would certainly have a big purge of the military. I'm a bit surprised at Obama because it has been official, and unofficial, US policy to support their military and 'deep state' but Obama operates on emotion and he has such deep emotional ties to Islam and radicals of every stripe.

ps: as I suspected Erdogan is pointing fingers at the Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen who has so many facilities in the US and operates out of Pennsylvania compound. If true, the situation is not much better as he has strong Islamic views and operates what many call a cult. I would much rather the relatively secular military is in charge.

I_Speculate

Wow. TV anchor says his building, including CNN Turkey, has just been invaded by soldiers. He expects to be cut off. pic.twitter.com/nYzRExggq2

â€" Zeynep Tufekci (@zeynep) July 16, 2016

It would be nice to know how much of the military is in on this coup.

The media seems to be implying the coup is failing.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 15, 2016, 06:56:34 PM
They see your Goldman Sachs avatar and think you are part of the crew.

I'm seeing ads for Walgreens (good deal on ensure nutrition shakes) and Mercedes. I'm not that old yet.
I'm seeing ads for "Date Hot Amish Women!"  I'm not sure what that's about.

I guess members of a failed coup attempt don't have happy tomorrows.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 15, 2016, 07:15:01 PM
My head was already hurting today from trying to learn how to play Axis and Allies with my kid and now this Turkey crap is going on. I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH FOR THIS GEOPOLITICAL JUNK!!!
Don't worry, AB.  Jorch will be explaining it all tonight.  Praise UFO Phil.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 15, 2016, 07:23:54 PM
I guess members of a failed coup attempt don't have happy tomorrows.
It depends if one can get out. The upper echelon guys can make out ok. Usually living on the French Riviera and spending on Swiss bankcards. (Though they might want to reconsider their living location now with the Muslims attacking that area.)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: rekcuf on July 15, 2016, 07:18:24 PM
The media seems to be implying the coup is failing.
Yeah.  But they were implying Trump was failing until they could no longer get away with it.  I've never heard or seen such poor reporting by "senior foreign correspondents" in a crisis as in the past 24 hours. Just terrible. They have no clue what they're seeing or hearing. I'll wait to see who's still standing when the new day breaks.  Fucking CNN is making Erdogan sound like a Turkish Abe Lincoln. 

ItsOver

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 15, 2016, 08:05:25 PM
Yeah.  But they were implying Trump was failing until they could no longer get away with it.  I've never heard or seen such poor reporting by "senior foreign correspondents" in a crisis as in the past 24 hours. Just terrible. They have no clue what they're seeing or hearing. I'll wait to see who's still standing when the new day breaks.  Fucking CNN is making Erdogan sound like a Turkish Abe Lincoln.
That's why I don't watch CNN and their ilk anymore.  I want news, not propaganda, endorsed by The Ministry of Truth.  And I don't watch Fox, either, NIT. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on July 15, 2016, 08:16:58 PM
That's why I don't watch CNN and their ilk anymore.  I want news, not propaganda, endorsed by The Ministry of Truth.  And I don't watch Fox, either, NIT.

I've been enjoying RT and their spin in the other direction, with their parade of anti-NATO commenters.  At one point the silly anchor was practically pleading "where are all the pro-military crowds?"  As though normal people cheer tanks in the streets.

Earlier, some former US Army JAG head was on blaming NATO, then another ex-CIA contractor claimed it was definitely a CIA operation.  Now they've resorted to reading mean anti-Erdogan tweets.  Hahaha where do they find these people