Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 09:55:15 PM
Nonsense I never get fired, I QUIT.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 03:34:32 PM
Fuck you, I run a clean show.

Art

Note the extinguished cigarette.

kilowhat

Art, I was curious, do you and Mr. Bigelow still keep in touch? Would love for you to interview him again. He's one fascinating individual. I'd also love to hear a "Skinwalker Ranch Revisited" show in the near future. I'm pretty sure Bob still owns the ranch, and would myself be delighted to hear an update on it. Lot of creepy things were going on there for a while. The show you did with George Knapp and Colm Kelleher regarding The Ranch is definitely in my top 10. Good stuff!!

Firestar

Quote from: popple on March 14, 2015, 01:00:35 AM

Brilliant!     :-*

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on March 14, 2015, 01:00:35 AM

You should have substituted the cigarette with something healthy and clean like a carrot.  :P

popple

OK OK! For Jaz and his equine friends  ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on March 14, 2015, 03:14:29 AM

He he he.  ;D

Zenman

Quote from: Art Bell on March 13, 2015, 06:25:37 PM
Point is I know the words but those who use them all the time I think can not form a better way to express themselves.

As far as the show is concerned I have listeners from 8-80 Years old, why would I want to drive some of them away? As a Parent when I hear gutter language I turn it off, my guess is most decent Parents do.

Beyond that, I don't listen myself to radio shows where every fifth word is the f bomb. I think most times the kind of content I like would be spoiled with that language, it has shock value the first couple of times and after that is just hard to listen to.

Art

Nice argument, Art. You convinced me, and I was on the fence.

Pam J

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 13, 2015, 07:47:11 PM
Well since you're a Jersey Girl.  That explains everything I need to know.  I lived in Jersey for a number of years back in the 80's and 90's and I had one girlfriend who called our house on several nights while I was sleeping or somewhere else. My Dad and my brother both answered her calls. We all sounded alike so she thought she was talking to me.  Well she proceeded to talk sex with the both of them as only Jersey girls know how.  Boy did I hear about it the next day and both of them were just laughing their asses off about it. Its too bad we didn't have cell phones back then but we managed without them.

I'm no prude and sure my kids talk dirty. I've heard them and sometimes I'll throw a mild cuss word at them as a joke. I just don't want my kids throwing f words in every other sentence.  Folks outside Jersey, Philly and NYC, don't cuss as much as you guys and gals up there. I do agree with you that there are times when only a cuss word will do. 

I love Jersey girls because when they want something , they let you know. Shyness is not a Jersey girl trait.  My girlfriend let me know when she wanted to fuck and she was blunt about it.  And of course, I took her up on her requests.  :D
Well that sure was vulgar Man.  Trust me your kids say fuck.  A Lot.  Because I enjoyed Hancock saying shit and fuck and jerk off is a great Jersey/NY term - just ask Bobby Di Nero or Al Pacino, doesn't mean I want to be compared to your sleazy ex.

Just because I'd like to hear that Art's guest had the 'right' to curse if they so chose doesn't mean anybody wants to hear about your fucked up childhood either.  I don't care if Art's going to allow cursing or not this round, I simply asked him if he was and said I like cussing and sometimes it's appropriate, in MY opinion and for ME.  And MY loving Joe Rogan does not negate your double life Dad.  Sure hope you never accidentally fucked your mommy.  Get your children's DNA checked; you can go on Springer's show with that love story of yours and get it done for free! 😷

P.S.  Your redneck fam makes me wanna puke and in the words of the Great Art Bell, "FUCK YOU" and in the annoying writing style of BFB "FUCK YOU" again with a line through it.  Jerk off.

Pam J

Quote from: DesertFox on March 13, 2015, 10:49:46 PM

Makes perfect sense--don't think there was a strong desire for swear words except a very very small crowd when it comes to Art Bell.  You  use the language with great skill--swear worlds aren't necessary and also who needs some callers spouting off verbal diarrhea.
That comment is SO sarcastic.  Get over it DF.  I mean WTF, I threw a question to Art and so many got up on their high fucking horses.  I could have quoted many so please don't get all shitty about it.  I picked yours  cause it's just so laced with ass kissing.  Art could easily cut off the diarrhea mouths if he liked. 

Pam J

Art, the fuck was a riot and the explanation I've always known.  Now could u please say how your kitties are?  Seems like a question you'd love to answer ☎️

puddintame

Well, I am probably the only one, but I am ashamed of Art.  He has always been on a pedestal for me, but he seems to be falling into the gutter.  My heart is broken.   :-[  Oh well, there is always Netflix.

cweb

Quote from: popple on March 14, 2015, 03:14:29 AM

This made my morning.  ;D

puddintame

Quote from: cweb on March 14, 2015, 06:45:34 AM
This made my morning.  ;D

cweb, if my post "made your morning", I am sorry for you.  You must not have any sort of life!  Poor baby.

I have been impressed with Art Bell since 1995.  After 20 years, it is tough to see him turn tail and plop himself into complete filth.  If you enjoy that sort of stuff, I am sorry for you, too.  What a sad outcome for you.

awguy

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM

On another subject: Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art

I`ve been busy this week, just getting caught up now.

Paranormal stuff is good, as long as it`s fresh and original. Don`t like hearing the same guests telling the same story over and over (I.E. Al Bielek). The GIS were always a favourite of mine. Mel`s whole was a classic. Love Science and time travel topics too.

Some of the non-paranormal stuff was good too. The Mojave phone booth guy, the guy who played the funny 911 calls, and the guy who got away with depositing the junk mail cheque in his ATM are among my all time faves. Mix it up, something different every night is what I loved about the show.

paladin1991

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 07:20:00 AM
cweb, if my post "made your morning", I am sorry for you.  You must not have any sort of life!  Poor baby.

I have been impressed with Art Bell since 1995.  After 20 years, it is tough to see him turn tail and plop himself into complete filth.  If you enjoy that sort of stuff, I am sorry for you, too.  What a sad outcome for you.
Reported.

Never apologize son.  It's a sign of weakness.

paladin1991

Quote from: awguy on March 14, 2015, 07:41:58 AM
I`ve been busy this week, just getting caught up now.

Paranormal stuff is good, as long as it`s fresh and original. Don`t like hearing the same guests telling the same story over and over (I.E. Al Bielek). The GIS were always a favourite of mine. Mel`s whole was a classic. Love Science and time travel topics too.

Some of the non-paranormal stuff was good too. The Mojave phone booth guy, the guy who played the funny 911 calls, and the guy who got away with depositing the junk mail cheque in his ATM are among my all time faves. Mix it up, something different every night is what I loved about the show.
Ah yes.  I had forgotten about junk mail guy.  I think that guy turned that experience into a book or lecture series.  Maybe it was a sitcom pilot.....

cweb

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 07:20:00 AM

Please check the quoted text in my post. I meant that Popple's image with Art holding a carrot made my morning-- not your post.

In fact, I was hoping your post was in jest. I think Art used profanity to joke around with us. He obviously favors a show free of profanity and full of intelligent conversation, which I also appreciate.

Tastes and humor vary between people. I'll admit that my own run the gamut from the cleanest humor to some that people may find unsavory. I'm going to refrain from explaining why I found Popple's picture so hilarious because it will likely be lost on you.

Have a nice day.

paladin1991

Quote from: cweb on March 14, 2015, 07:49:22 AM
Please check the quoted text in my post. I meant that Popple's image with Art holding a carrot made my morning-- not your post.

In fact, I was hoping your post was in jest. I think Art used profanity to joke around with us. He obviously favors a show free of profanity and full of intelligent conversation, which I also appreciate.

Tastes and humor vary between people. I'll admit that my own run the gamut from the cleanest humor to some that people may find unsavory. I'm going to refrain from explaining why I found Popple's picture so hilarious because it will likely be lost on you.

Have a nice day.
I got what you meant, bubba.  And so did all the other non-meatbags in this thread. ;)  LoL

puddintame

No, I wasn't joking.  Filth is filth, period, end of report.  If you think it is funny, then you REALLY do need to get a life of some kind.  I am still sorry for you, Babe.  Too bad you can't grow up.

puddintame

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 14, 2015, 07:58:25 AM
I got what you meant, bubba.  And so did all the other non-meatbags in this thread. ;)  LoL

And you too, Paladin.  I guess you are another gutter mouth.  Sorry for you, too, another dumb poor baby.

paladin1991

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:05:03 AM
And you too, Paladin.  I guess you are another gutter mouth.  Sorry for you, too, another dumb poor baby.
Oh no! Puddin' doesn't like me!  Time to draw that hot bath, pour the red wine, suck down a fist full of seconals and slit my wrists. ;D

puddintame

Quote from: cweb on March 14, 2015, 08:04:48 AM

Oh ho ho, cweb, you are hysterically amusing with your stupid cartoons.  So funny!  More proof that you need to get a life, some education, and some decency lessons.  Did you have a mother or were raised on skid row under a bridge?  What a waste you are to civilization!  And my disappointment with Art Bell's trash talk remains.

puddintame

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 14, 2015, 08:06:47 AM
Oh no! Puddin' doesn't like me!  Time to draw that hot bath, pour the red wine, suck down a fist full of seconals and slit my wrists. ;D

Well, heck.  Please hurry on the wrist slitting.  Or maybe, dear heart, you will drown with your drugs.  Oh well, maybe not.  You probably aren't that easy to be rid of.  I suppose you will still be around with your trash mouth.  You certainly are a fine recommendation for the Art Bell show!  We are all so very proud to have you with us!
....to be continued some other time.  I have a lot better stuff to do now....Bye!

paladin1991

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:17:59 AM
Well, heck.  Please hurry on the wrist slitting.  Or maybe, dear heart, you will drown with your drugs.  Oh well, maybe not.  You probably aren't that easy to be rid of.  I suppose you will still be around with your trash mouth.  You certainly are a fine recommendation for the Art Bell show!  We are all so very proud to have you with us!
....to be continued some other time.  I have a lot better stuff to do now....Bye!
Wait!  Mom?

Skunk Ape

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:01:58 AM
No, I wasn't joking.  Filth is filth, period, end of report.  If you think it is funny, then you REALLY do need to get a life of some kind.  I am still sorry for you, Babe.  Too bad you can't grow up.

Have a Coke and a smile...

cweb

Quote from: puddintame on March 14, 2015, 08:11:57 AM
Oh ho ho, cweb, you are hysterically amusing with your stupid cartoons.  So funny!  More proof that you need to get a life, some education, and some decency lessons.  Did you have a mother or were raised on skid row under a bridge?  What a waste you are to civilization!  And my disappointment with Art Bell's trash talk remains.
Indeed, it is amusing. It's all in fun. But we have differing opinions of fun.

I think stupid silly things like that are fun. You probably think pretending to be a character from A Streetcar Named Desire is fun.

And with that, I'm done feeding your dainty fury. It's a mad world. Lighten up, please.

sydtron

George Carlin's extended list of dirty words: http://youtu.be/TSlbEq0roEM

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 13, 2015, 07:47:11 PM
Well since you're a Jersey Girl.  That explains everything I need to know.  I lived in Jersey for a number of years back in the 80's and 90's and I had one girlfriend who called our house on several nights while I was sleeping or somewhere else. My Dad and my brother both answered her calls. We all sounded alike so she thought she was talking to me.  Well she proceeded to talk sex with the both of them as only Jersey girls know how.  Boy did I hear about it the next day and both of them were just laughing their asses off about it. Its too bad we didn't have cell phones back then but we managed without them.

I'm no prude and sure my kids talk dirty. I've heard them and sometimes I'll throw a mild cuss word at them as a joke. I just don't want my kids throwing f words in every other sentence.  Folks outside Jersey, Philly and NYC, don't cuss as much as you guys and gals up there. I do agree with you that there are times when only a cuss word will do. 

I love Jersey girls because when they want something , they let you know. Shyness is not a Jersey girl trait.  My girlfriend let me know when she wanted to fuck and she was blunt about it.  And of course, I took her up on her requests.  :D

Did you live in north Jersey or South Jersey?