• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 25, 2018, 01:03:17 AM
I was thinking specifically of the feeling that it "came from somewhere else."  I imagine it's similar feeling when writing a tightly structured novel where, in the act of writing, you are so concerned with the architecture that the actual inspiration does seem to exist in a different dimension.

Faulty corpus callosum?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 01:03:57 AM
Marty believed in bending spoons before? but not by Geller when he's doing magic? Geller couldn't bend one spoon when it was under a controlled  setting. He couldn't perform ONE single act of telepathy...

Yep, fraud exposed! NEXT! ;D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 01:04:43 AM
Faulty corpus callosum?

Oh I'm quite sure something is wrong up there haha.  But yeah, left brain doing structure, right brain doing creativity.  It's subconscious in the way playing the piano or riding a bike is.

Ghost Nutter

Those calls sounded screened

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: El Chorro on May 25, 2018, 01:00:17 AM
Yes, I think Marty tried to finesse that by saying Geller also indulged in traditional magic tricks
I'm not sure one way or the other about Geller, but the CIA at least believed he was legit as detailed in this article telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/18/uri-geller-convinced-cia-psychic-warrior/ .  My point is that "believing" that Geller was legit doesn't discredit someone in my opinion.  I am also curious about where other than on the Johnny Carson show he was shown to be a failure/fraud?  Of course James Randy demonstrated how some of Geller's feats could be replicated, but replication via magical trickery doesn't necessarily imply that the act being replicated was fraudulent just that it could have been.

painter17

Doubt it, the first call was clearly a prank

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on May 25, 2018, 01:11:26 AM
Those calls sounded screened
I called the show and no one screened my call. It was a recorded voice that ask me to name my city and name (Davenport, Chad) and then asked me to press the pound key.

lonevoice

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 01:10:21 AM
One of my favs! :)
Mine too.  William Hurt's character, and a lot of the premise, was based on John Lily's work. 

G'nite all.

Ghost Nutter

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 25, 2018, 01:13:25 AM
I called the show and no one screened my call. It was a recorded voice that ask me to name my city and name (Davenport, Chad) and then asked me to press the pound key.
Thank you for clarifying...

painter17

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 25, 2018, 01:12:35 AM
I'm not sure one way or the other about Geller, but the CIA at least believed he was legit as detailed in this article telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/18/uri-geller-convinced-cia-psychic-warrior/ .  My point is that "believing" that Geller was legit doesn't discredit someone in my opinion.  I am also curious about where other than on the Johnny Carson show he was shown to be a failure/fraud?  Of course James Randy demonstrated how some of Geller's feats could be replicated, but replication via magical trickery doesn't necessarily imply that the act being replicated was fraudulent just that it could have been.

James Randi filmed him from from an angle Uri thought wasn't exposed and he was totally caught on camera.... it was in a restaurant.... I think he was using a mirror in  a specific "psychic" trick

Geller is a complete fraud and the fact the CIA vouched for him means nothing other than they wanted to prop him up to show they didn't completely waste tax payer money on that program....

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 12:53:11 AM
what specific cases prove telepathy is a real ability? Rosenblatt said it is a proven fact? by who? whats the evidence? what cases? there is no specifics....
Here is a link to but a small sample of studies that "support" (I do not believe we can use the word proved) that something at least resembling telepathy exists http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/08/04/5-classic-experiments-showing-extremely-significant-results-for-human-telepathy/  .  Of course counter arguments can be made to each (maybe all) of these studies (and there are many more). However, one could at least state that there is some evidence in support of telepathy.

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 25, 2018, 01:13:25 AM

I tried to Skype an alien abduction show with Whitley once. The computer asked me to press "Enter, colon, pound, pound, pound." I turned the system off and couldn't sleep for days.

painter17

thanks! I'll check it out! I'd love to believe, just haven't seen any real evidence yet....

painter17

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 25, 2018, 01:23:42 AM
I tried to Skype an alien abduction show with Whitley once. The computer asked me to press "Enter, colon, pound, pound, pound." I turned the system off and couldn't sleep for days.

lol lol

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: painter17 on May 25, 2018, 01:24:44 AM
thanks! I'll check it out! I'd love to believe, just haven't seen any real evidence yet....
Well, if you are going to do that you should also check out this link http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22973 from a skeptic website that discredits some of the studies that Dean Raidin  uses to allege the reality of PSI, telepathy ect. 

teknoslag

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 25, 2018, 01:23:42 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 25, 2018, 02:04:06 AM

:D
Yes, I slowed the frame rate down on the one I use in case it caused any discomfort to those sensitive to fast flickering images.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 24, 2018, 09:23:32 PM
Earl grey, bitch!  ::) 8)

Yes, thank you. That, too. I like EG lattes.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Liberace on May 24, 2018, 10:49:03 PM
jim norton died?    :(

John Corby, in Ohio.

Quote from: Liberace on May 24, 2018, 11:00:50 PM
It makes sense because that's not why she was banned.

See, now that makes sense.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: spookcat on May 24, 2018, 11:37:37 PM
There should be a show at some point about animal psychic abilities.
Or cats from outer Space.

I love this movie! 😍❤️

DynamoHum

Still catching up but found this, will look for the Lashspew in a bit

Cowkiller

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 25, 2018, 04:25:11 AM
Still catching up but found this, will look for the Lashspew in a bit
Seems now they are split into camps.  From antipathy into active hate as the fight grows and Lasha is further vilified by the more vanilla heathcrats.

Heater and her lapdog Lasha Apso are taking note of the naughty ones. Lasha's beady eyes are watching. She is taking it on the chin(s) for MITD

DynamoHum

Looks like the mess has been cleared up - damn my timezone, sorry all.

DynamoHum

Apart from this little gem of hearsay...

cweb

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 25, 2018, 06:08:19 AM
Apart from this little gem of hearsay...
Ha. "The destruction of the whole paranormal genre" because we refuse to deal with things like poor production quality? Because we call out bullshit artists? Because we have some (admittedly rough) fun with it?

All the stuff about Art's personal life aside, this community is most in touch with what made his show special. If Lasha's brand of paranormal is the new "genre," then let it die a quick death.