• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Hells Mole

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 22, 2018, 11:14:04 PM
Brownie is the best delivery method.

Just infuse plant matter into butter, margarine or coconut oil and you can measure it out and cook it into anything you want.  I preferred coconut oil because the whole process is far easier and it doesn't spoil like butter.
Pot stopped doing anything positive for me decades ago though.

It's legal where I live.  There's pot shops on every block, sometimes more than one per block.  I've never seen such flourishing businesses.  I kept thinking over the last few years that the market would over saturate but most if not just about all of them seem to remain and business and new ones keep opening up.

Nobody cares anymore, not even cops.  People just smoke or vape it everywhere all the time.  Even in bars, inside and out.  It's rampant.  Wish it had happened when I still loved pot.

Father Jack

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 23, 2018, 05:00:51 PM
Just infuse plant matter into butter, margarine or coconut oil and you can measure it out and cook it into anything you want.  I preferred coconut oil because the whole process is far easier and it doesn't spoil like butter.

It's legal where I live.  There's pot shops on every block, sometimes more than one per block.  I've never seen such flourishing businesses.  I kept thinking over the last few years that the market would over saturate but most if not just about all of them seem to remain and business and new ones keep opening up.

Nobody cares anymore, not even cops.  People just smoke or vape it everywhere all the time.  Even in bars, inside and out.  It's rampant.  Wish it had happened when I still loved pot.

I live in a large square western state that smells like pot. No retail shops allowed in my town, but plenty of medical pot stores. Last time I smoked weed was 1999. I had a heart attack that night and have never touched it again. I like kratom, though.

69CheckMate

[attachment=1]

DaveSchrader

Hey all, I get messages like the one I am posting all the time.
So I thought I would post the comment here and my general response so I can give some perspective and insight into why I do what I do on MitD with multiple guests.

QUESTION:  WHY SO MANY GUESTS IN A SHOW? IT'S AN HOUR SHORTER THAN COAST FORMAT, IT DOESN'T WORK.
-Joseph Roberts

ANSWER:  George can go to phone lines to extend a guest. I cannot. On their own most guests are not compelling enough for 3-4 hours so, we need to mix it up until our systems are up.

Coast to Coast also does a 4 hour show of that which comes to 160 mins after ads are removed.

I do a 3 hour show which comes to 158 mins of content after ads are removed. So in a 3 hour format we fit in almost exactly the same amount of content. George uses calls throughout the show which lightens the load by about 45 more mins per night bringing the actual guest interviews in a 4 hour show down to roughly 120 mins, almost a full hour less than we do.

If you have listened to Midnight since I took over, you have heard guests that struggle to maintain a conversation for an hour. Keeping them longer to fill time is a disservice to the audience and the guest. I would rather get in and out making it as interesting as I can for the time we have than to stretch a guest with an hours worth of content into 2 or 3 hours of what becomes crap radio.

I hope that helps explain things better.

I know many want to know why I don't take SKYPE calls, that is because my system will not currently handle incoming calls. We WILL be up and running soon with calls and will work them into episodes.

Even with phone lines up, we may do shows with 2 guests, some guests are power-packed and filled with plenty of information, others are great for 30 to 45 mins worth of info, both are important but a good host realizes the limitations to some guests and their ability to maintain a long form interview.

Dave

Interesting, if NYC wasn't so shit, I'd probably juice leaves regularly for inflammation, and indulge edibles occasionally for creative purposes. Kratom does wonders for autoimmune related inflammation, but they're working on getting rid of that too. I only mentioned brownies cuz I haven't had any sugar in over a month, lol.

Why do ya think you hit diminishing returns with cannabis?

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 23, 2018, 05:23:24 PMIf you have listened to Midnight since I took over, you have heard guests that struggle to maintain a conversation for an hour.
Actually I haven't.  Could be while I've dozed.  But the fact I haven't noticed says you're doing an excellent job making it inapparent.

I'm going to hear you less now that I'm feeling & sleeping better.

69CheckMate

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 23, 2018, 05:23:24 PM
So I thought I would post the comment here and my general response so I can give some perspective and insight into why I do what I do on MitD with multiple guests.

QUESTION:  WHY SO MANY GUESTS IN A SHOW? IT'S AN HOUR SHORTER THAN COAST FORMAT, IT DOESN'T WORK.
-Joseph Roberts

ANSWER:  George can go to phone lines to extend a guest. I cannot. On their own most guests are not compelling enough for 3-4 hours so, we need to mix it up until our systems are up.

Coast to Coast also does a 4 hour show of that which comes to 160 mins after ads are removed.

I do a 3 hour show which comes to 158 mins of content after ads are removed. So in a 3 hour format we fit in almost exactly the same amount of content. George uses calls throughout the show which lightens the load by about 45 more mins per night bringing the actual guest interviews in a 4 hour show down to roughly 120 mins, almost a full hour less than we do.

If you have listened to Midnight since I took over, you have heard guests that struggle to maintain a conversation for an hour. Keeping them longer to fill time is a disservice to the audience and the guest. I would rather get in and out making it as interesting as I can for the time we have than to stretch a guest with an hours worth of content into 2 or 3 hours of what becomes crap radio.

I know many want to know why I don't take SKYPE calls, that is because my system will not currently handle incoming calls. We WILL be up and running soon with calls and will work them into episodes.
Even with phone lines up, we may do shows with 2 guests, some guests are power-packed and filled with plenty of information, others are great for 30 to 45 mins worth of info, both are important but a good host realizes the limitations to some guests and their ability to maintain a long form interview.

Dave

Great strategy. Double puls to have one waiting in the wings in case the current guest is a total blowoff. Lol.
You're da man. Keep up the good work, Sir. [attachment=1]   Lol!

Sean92008

Had a friend with a rare form of cancer...  Worked for Wells Fargo and couldn't touch CBD because it is illegal on a federal level. She needed to keep her job.

She got weaker and weaker because she couldn't eat much.  Also had to return to work regularly to keep employer-provided insurance in tact (Obamacare coverage that she could afford without employment was useless).

She's dead and suffered a lot, needlessly.

It's time for CBD to be singled out for complete legalization, same with hemp, it's a super fiber. 

I do a 3 hour show which comes to 158 mins of content after ads are removed. So in a 3 hour format we fit in almost exactly the same amount of content.

Heather fans BTFO yet again.

starramus

Quote from: 69CheckMate on May 23, 2018, 05:24:15 PM

Is that Val Kilmer?

Nah this is Val Kilmer.

[attachment=1]

The Ice Man goeth!

Doomed

Quote from: Father Jack on May 23, 2018, 01:06:22 PM
The salacious rumors about Art's proclivities seem to have waned, and Heather has yet to resurface, so this forum seems to be marking time right now (except for insulting one another).
Thanks for pointin' that out Padre'. Now, get the frock outa here! (I kid...here's a sawbuck. Get you and the sister something nice...)  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 23, 2018, 01:43:28 PM
Probably more accepting than you think. However, I do tend to be judgey at times. I think they call that human nature.

I suppose that's a more diplomatic way of phrasing it. :D

malliard

-Joseph Roberts

Dave

do your show... dont worry about the noise

AZZERAE

Quote from: El Chorro on May 23, 2018, 01:55:34 PM
Lazy Savage is off today, so I flipped over to Hannity. He opened with a shoutout to Art Bell for having predicted The Quickening, saying that the news is coming so quickly he can barely keep up.

Father Jack

Thanks for pointin' that out Padre'. Now, get the frock outa here! (I kid...here's a sawbuck. Get you and the sister something nice...)  ;)

I see I need to change my screen name.....Father Jack ain't gettin' it.

AZZERAE

Quote from: malliard on May 23, 2018, 05:57:09 PM
do your show...dont worry about the noise

Who are you to be giving Schrader advice?

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 23, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

He’s lost the weight.

He also has serious cancer. I hope the ice man survives.

Hells Mole

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 23, 2018, 12:38:18 AM
Did you know ravens can mimic voices and sounds? Makes me wonder if that's what people are hearing when they say they hear bigfoot talking. Maybe it's just a raven or crow mimicking you?

Once I became aware of the ability of ravens/crows to mimic sounds so convingly I realized that many of the daytime sounds I hear around the property are in fact crows and not other things.  They will copy city noises
like knocks or construction sounds, voices, other birds, squirrels and anything else you can imagine.  It's extraordinary how good they are it.  My mother has a crow that visits her daily that often greets her with an English "Hello."   The first time it happened it really scared her because she didn't know it was the crow and couldn't figure out who was talking to her.

-Joseph Roberts

Dave

Agreed depends on guest. But 1 hr with someone really isn’t long enough to get into a deep conversation. I suggest 1hr slots for follow ups to stories you’ve covered, and the remainder of the time to guest who’ve already been on the show. A lot of the repeat guest just rehash their stories.

But don’t get lazy, Noory split shows don’t work frequently. It is bad radio.

Lilith

-Joseph Roberts

Dave

The main thing Dave, is the bellgab shoutouts.  Nothing else really matters.   :)

TidePods, Dave.

Other than that, if a guest or anything else lets you down, or you yourself get lost for words, just talk about bellgab, and bellgabbers.  We love to hear about that.

popple

Thanks, Dave! Appreciate ya. keep up the fine work  :)

Dyna-X

-Joseph Roberts

Dave

You are aiming for an information dense content driven program, but the old MITD, Fade to Black, etc, are in fact personality driven programs (goes for both host and guest) that just happen to have anomalous topics and entertainment like bumpers, news factoids, etc.

The personality driven content seekers that want bumpers will whine no matter what you do and they won't be able to pin a good reason why.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on May 23, 2018, 06:07:46 PM
Who are you to be giving Schrader advice?
Well he certainly has an interesting location for his ... oh, sorry, that's a microphone.

sydtron

Dave,  I don't mind the split shows. If I think something is bullshit, I'll still listen and wait for the next guest. But so far, I think your gests have been entertaining!  Especially the, Medical Marijuana folks from last night. That was a hoot! And good info.
Really liked the Bigfoot guy that helped with the Patterson film. I think that man could a murdered somebody and we all would have still loved him.

Keep up the good work.

Quote from: malliard on May 23, 2018, 05:57:09 PM
do your show... dont worry about the noise

I somewhat agree. But my question is how is this show different then Darkness radio. Don’t get me wrong I liked Darkness on the edge of town (the official name), but it fizzled out. I don’t want this show to fizzle out. So perhaps some tweaks are in order.

I’m not trying to be a jerk again I loved the old show. Listened almost every night. I just hope For something even better.

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace on May 23, 2018, 08:55:47 AM
You can? Because I can't. Someone posted an image, someone else reported the image, and it was deleted. End of story. That's going to happen. No way it won't. "Outrage" seems pretty heavy and overdramatic a reaction, in my opinion.

I could be wrong.

Oh, and by the way, for all of this outage, only one person bothered to report the post.
When I reported it, I demanded that the poster be banned.  I HOPE you were paying attention, damn it.  >:(  :P
Quote from: Jackstar on May 23, 2018, 11:25:15 AM
Fun trivia fact: I've been here five years and this twerp was the third snowflake blocked. What a mar-roon.
Who were the other two?

I blocked one person for a week or so until I realized the curiosity about their stupid antics got me and I took them off ignore.  I honestly can't recall who that was or why...