• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151012 - Dr. Dennis J. McKenna - Psychedelic Research - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 12, 2015, 05:02:28 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 11:12:11 PM
In strange periods of my life I've often mused about entering those social circles where one can easily score some and then do it and see what happens.

And then I remember my somewhat addictive personality and realize that it would be a spiral from which I would never escape from.

Especially given how meth rots teeth out and I've just spent all of this money on dental work.

Priorities.

I've had similar thoughts and...yeah...dental work = $$$

Also...I've worked side by side with people who used...

:(

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:14:13 PM
That was cool, anybody know who is gonna take over for Rossy?

its gonna be me..RCH is gonna have Cthulhu as a co-host

maren

Quote from: gx2music on October 12, 2015, 11:12:05 PM
In the 19th century , during the height of the British Empire , you could buy cocaine or heroin from your local pharmacy. Society didn't exactly collapse because of that.

I found a certificate licensing my Dad (a physician) to use coca leaves.  Don't know what they would use it in that form to treat.  He graduated from medical school in the early 40's.

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 10:46:45 PM
People got RCH syndrome... Buying Brylcreem next... ;D
No need to buy it, I can send you a couple of tubes  ;)  ;D

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:14:13 PM
That was cool, anybody know who is gonna take over for Rossy?

I have a theory... And hear me out:

The new producer is the person who keeps calling Richard at the beginning of the show.

He's (she's) been checking in, reading RCH's temperature, feeling his (her?) way through the stream. Biding his (her) time. Slowly waiting for the optimal time to come out and reveal him(her)self.

This has actually been a long con. Rossy was never meant to stick around longterm, he was merely the man setting up the pins. The new producer is the best bowling ball you've ever met.

This new producer may also be RCH's fav bolo.

But it also may not be.

shrug

In second place on the producer-to-be list: RCH's chair.

trostol

Quote from: maren on October 12, 2015, 11:16:05 PM
I found a certificate licensing my Dad (a physician) to use coca leaves.  Don't know what they would use it in that form to treat.  He graduated from medical school in the early 40's.

well coke used to contain cocaine of sorts

AppealPlay

I know the natives chew on it for a little upper.  Probably would have an analgesic effect on the mouth, too.  Maybe a tooth ache?

Barfly

They can be applied locally to numb pain, or orally its just like doing unprocessed cocain

chefist

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:18:17 PM
They can be applied locally to numb pain, or orally its just like doing unprocessed cocain

Would it be like drinking coffee?

maren

Quote from: ShayP on October 12, 2015, 11:15:47 PM
I've had similar thoughts and...yeah...dental work = $$$

Also...I've worked side by side with people who used...

:(

I remember reading a Reader's Digest article in the late '60's about Viet Nam soldiers who had been autopsied.  They said those on opiates were pretty much okay (with the exception of stomach disorders from throwing up).  When they touched the brains of meth freaks, it would just DISINTEGRATE!  Thankfully, I'd moved on from meth by then.  :)

Quote from: gx2music on October 12, 2015, 11:12:05 PM
In the 19th century , during the height of the British Empire , you could buy cocaine or heroin from your local pharmacy. Society didn't exactly collapse because of that.
Yup, Where do you guys think the name Coca-Cola came from ?
Laudanum for your ills also.

AppealPlay

Quote from: jazmunda on October 12, 2015, 11:19:55 PM
What happened to Rossy???!!!!

He quit.  He claims it was his decision because he wanted to do other things...or something.

maren

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:18:17 PM

Ah.  That makes sense.

Barfly

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 11:17:35 PM
I have a theory... And hear me out:

The new producer is the person who keeps calling Richard at the beginning of the show.

He's (she's) been checking in, reading RCH's temperature, feeling his (her?) way through the stream. Biding his (her) time. Slowly waiting for the optimal time to come out and reveal him(her)self.

This has actually been a long con. Rossy was never meant to stick around longterm, he was merely the man setting up the pins. The new producer is the best bowling ball you've ever met.

This new producer may also be RCH's fav bolo.

But it also may not be.

shrug

In second place on the producer-to-be list: RCH's chair.
Jazz is moving to the USA and gonna produce a 12 hour Hoagie show, thats my theory

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 11:17:59 PM
I know the natives chew on it for a little upper.  Probably would have an analgesic effect on the mouth, too.  Maybe a tooth ache?
It's also real good for altitude sickness.

aldousburbank

Number one altitude sickness mitigator. I use it for that all the time.

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 11:20:39 PM
He resigned yesterday..

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 12, 2015, 11:20:44 PM
He quit.  He claims it was his decision because he wanted to do other things...or something.

Quote from: trostol on October 12, 2015, 11:21:04 PM
he is moving on to do his own projects

OMG. This is why we can't have nice things at BellGab.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Barfly on October 12, 2015, 11:21:09 PM
Jazz is moving to the USA and gonna produce a 12 hour Hoagie show, thats my theory

60 hours of Hoagie a week?

Dear God.

I'd be willing to Kickstart that into existence.

Perks include:
-Locks of RCH's hair
-The ability to travel and touch the hair
-Asking RCH's wife one question about RCH's grooming habits
-The ability to see a collection of moon rocks Richard keeps in the basement
-The promise of positive manipulations in the torsion fields for yourself and your loved ones
-A raffle for 19.5 gold ducats in your account
-A raffle to win the Enterprise Mission chair
-WHO WANTS A SHOT WITH THE ACCUTRON?
-A detailed explanation of how RCH's failed "2012 is doomsday" theory came to be, as well as its unfolding in a post-2012 world

Quote from: jazmunda on October 12, 2015, 11:19:55 PM
What happened to Rossy???!!!!
No drama, Saucy is just heading back to the projects he put on hold to produce the show. Now that the show is rolling, he's heading back to what he was doing before.

Barfly

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 12, 2015, 11:23:00 PM
It's also real good for altitude sickness.
Or attitude sickness in woman,as in " hi babe i got a 8 ball wanna come home with me"?