• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151012 - Dr. Dennis J. McKenna - Psychedelic Research - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 12, 2015, 05:02:28 PM

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 10:54:17 PM
I just chew on a little jimson weed...cheap...heart stops now n again but cheap...

That shit ain't no fun.
Two days of dilated eyes and blurry vision also sucks.

maren

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 12, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
I'm tired of this fellar, this Dennis McKenna, slaggin' my beloved heroin.
How dare he.

No kidding!  We'll have a spiritual experience when we die.  For now,  I just want to nod!

Barfly

I want to take Ayahuasca while skydiving, perhaps my brain would implode, sounds like fun!

trostol

Quote from: Rocky4228 on October 12, 2015, 10:56:35 PM
I loved the first season.  BTW, we Minnesotans don't really talk like that.  At least not in cities.

oh yah?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: maren on October 12, 2015, 10:57:18 PM
No kidding!  We'll have a spiritual experience when we die.  For now,  I just want to nod!

If I get the placards, are you willing to write down the slogans for our eventual protest?

I have the handwriting of someone who has slammed their hand into every door for at least 20 years.

I pray I never have to write heartfelt messages to family members any time soon. I'll send them ICQ messages instead.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 10:57:24 PM
One guys takes imaginary cigarette from his friend...

https://youtu.be/u12SZAyMp54
Oddly, invisible friends giving you smokes is a frequently reported effect of jimson weed intoxication. No I am not kidding.

Quote from: trostol on October 12, 2015, 10:55:38 PM
is this good yet..i am not sure lol

I'm pretty sure it's not. I may need some drugs to help me endure listening to it.

This is like rehashing the Sixties.

Auslandia

Speaking of audio...what in sweet Christ was Richard Dolan doing making a shitty commercial using what sounds like a land line phone?

chefist

Quote from: Catsmile on October 12, 2015, 10:57:06 PM
That shit ain't no fun.
Two days of dilated eyes and blurry vision also sucks.

Yea blindness is a side effect... Oh and death too..

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Auslandia on October 12, 2015, 11:00:36 PM
Speaking of audio...what in sweet Christ was Richard Dolan doing making a shitty commercial using what sounds like a land line phone?

The one before that sounded like someone walked up to him on the street with a microphone so I'll take the landline over making it sound like he was surprised coming out of a car.

b_dubb

You'd think Richard Dolan would make a better recording if he was paying for advertising.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 12, 2015, 10:59:50 PM
Oddly, invisible friends giving you smokes is a frequently reported effect of jimson weed intoxication. No I am not kidding.

It's really fascinating how both these guys are hallucinating in an identical manner...

Barfly

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 10:57:24 PM
One guys takes imaginary cigarette from his friend...

https://youtu.be/u12SZAyMp54
So i guess this is a thing now, i remember when huffing was big a few years back, im so glad i just did beer and pot when i was that age

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on October 12, 2015, 11:01:09 PM
Yea blindness is a side effect... Oh and death too..

You can overdose on water also, 2 much of anything can be life ending.