• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151006 - Prof. Ronald Mallett - Time Travel - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 06, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

The frame dragging effect he's talking about is so miniscule, that it has only been in the past few years that it was confirmed by a dedicated satellite which was able to measure the very tiny frame dragging from the Earth, and only after several years of studying the data.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on October 06, 2015, 11:16:29 PM
someone has  to do it!!!!!

True, how else will our post-apocalyptic Hoagland ruled Mad Max world come about.

zeebo

Quote from: ASC on October 06, 2015, 11:19:56 PM
I'd like to see just a tiny sample of chefist not being 100% positive all the time  8)

I'd try the topic of frozen hamburgers ... or maybe guacamole-flavored tortilla chips.

Mild Bill

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 06, 2015, 11:17:38 PM
I'm thinking I follow what the Prof is saying.. I just stumbled out to porch to have a smoke, and came back in...  Did I time travel forward or backwards?

Sideways.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 06, 2015, 11:21:39 PM
True, how else will our post-apocalyptic Hoagland ruled scenario come about.

indeed...imma be all sort os this guy going about it

pate

Time becomes a loop, time becomes a loop...

Can't get that Orbital song out of my head.

zeebo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 06, 2015, 11:22:13 PM
VLC is King

I moved to Foobar2000 because I like that it's audio only.  It runs on Win PC, not sure about mobiles though.

I feel like the guest is just going around in circles repeating himself. Get to the callers because I will go mad if I hear "twisting" one more time.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:22:20 PM
I'd try the topic of frozen hamburgers ... or maybe guacamole-flavored tortilla chips.

SACRILEGE!

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 06, 2015, 11:21:06 PM
The frame dragging effect he's talking about is so miniscule, that it has only been in the past few years that it was confirmed by a dedicated satellite which was able to measure the very tiny frame dragging from the Earth, and only after several years of studying the data.

Kind of cool that there's some theoretical standing ... but I guess I'm not gonna get there with one of those cat-toy lasers.

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on October 06, 2015, 11:25:14 PM
SACRILEGE!

Haha, sorry man, had to push you over the edge to prove a point.  I take it all back.

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:26:13 PM
Kind of cool that there's some theoretical standing ... but I guess I'm not gonna get there with one of those cat-toy lasers.

Only if you had a squirrel's dexterity and speed.  Oh... you do!

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on October 06, 2015, 11:27:25 PM
Haha, sorry man, had to push you over the edge to prove a point.  I take it all back.

Light sabre wielding squirrels always get a pass!  :o

albrecht

Through a fan, maybe? Try it? Newton did some cool stuff with light in a room with far less. And didn't have cats around (I think they thought they were all witches then.)

haha!

I love chefist

my wife brought home a bag of Lays "Macaroni and cheese with bacon" chips

tasted like most bbq chips.

norland2424

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 06, 2015, 11:25:08 PM
I feel like the guest is just going around in circles repeating himself. Get to the callers because I will go mad if I hear "twisting" one more time.

gx2music

Information to the past ???  Woaaah.   What would happen if we sent a cure for the Black Death back to the 1300s???

pate

My dogs must be part cat, they go crazy when I bust that thing out...

pate

Quote from: gx2music on October 06, 2015, 11:29:32 PM
Information to the past ???  Woaaah.   What would happen if we sent a cure for the Black Death back to the 1300s???

I heard someone theorize that only information would be able to make the transition through time, canna recall who that was though

WhiteCrow

Vortex in coffee, drop a coffee bean in coffee and stir with spoon ... Ok got it.. Stir one way and then other and coffee bean travels back and forth in time. Amazing! What would happen if stirred coffee with finger instead of spoon... Answer this one Prof... Does finger get twisted or entangled in time?