• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 10, 2012, 11:20:04 PM
        Films directed by Ron Howard.
        Films starring Tom Hanks.
        Films that are a collabration of the aforementioned.

Actually, all films/productions that feature the "most bankable" Hollywood players. Reliably awful. Another reason I haven't entered a theater since Wednesday Nov 22, 1995.

co-sign. wish i could say the same about 1995. It's been a while since i went to a theater though, least a year.

McPhallus

Last time I was in a theater was January 2001.  I don't even watch movies or TV shows anymore, except for the occasional reality show.

ksm32

Am I alone on this one ?
Your in a drive thru and there is a small car ahead of you with just the driver. Time tics away..... you begin to wonder what the fuck could one person have ordered that is takeing so damm long... You want to yell out your window...  you try to get a glimpse of this idiot in his (her) rearview mirror just so you can justify how you feel based on how goofy they look.
Then a small bag with one item is passed through the window...  and then they pay with a card. Somtimes they sit there looking through the bag to make sure the extra chicken sauce is there. If im alone on this than I have issues.

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on March 11, 2012, 02:55:24 PM
Last time I was in a theater was January 2001.  I don't even watch movies or TV shows anymore, except for the occasional reality show.
I can't lie. I love TV. HBO, reality....wheel of fortune espn. I love TV!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 11, 2012, 08:01:10 PM
I can't lie. I love TV. HBO, reality....wheel of fortune espn. I love TV!
I had HBO since November 28, 1983(when cable finally came to our part of the city) but just canceled it last week. Too many awful new movies, I think being forced to watch "Jonah Hex" and "Your Highness" was a final straw. And most of their new series blow. The "Namath" documentary was good though.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Morgus on March 07, 2012, 04:02:50 PMDaylight savings time changing so early nowadays - coming this Sunday March 11.
Changing to daylight savings (which is for the summer months) before winter is even officially over is just weird...  :o

Arizona and Indiana have the right idea. It's time to scrap this antiquated practice, especially since it's backwards. It would make more sense to fall back in the spring and spring forward in the fall since the days are longer in the summer and shorter in the winter, and we no longer base our economy on agriculture when this practice started. Romney would win the presidency if he promised to end daylight savings time.

BobGrau

Quote from: Seamus Capone on March 11, 2012, 11:30:30 PM
Arizona and Indiana have the right idea. It's time to scrap this antiquated practice, especially since it's backwards. It would make more sense to fall back in the spring and spring forward in the fall since the days are longer in the summer and shorter in the winter, and we no longer base our economy on agriculture when this practice started. Romney would win the presidency if he promised to end daylight savings time.

illuminati farmers use those missing hours to conduct their dread rituals

McPhallus

What is it with these radio spots from oddly-named organizations who claim they aren't endorsed by any candidate, yet they clearly are endorsing or attacking a particular candidate.  Fucking annoying.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: BobGrau on March 12, 2012, 05:00:53 AMilluminati farmers use those missing hours to conduct their dread rituals.

I bet that they hold their main meetings during leap years too. They just want us to *think* that there's a missing day in February.

aldousburbank

I hate walking into a store and having every stupid ass employee say something like- "Hello how are you?" or some such.  It reminds me of Noory's phony ass, ball-washing, "How are youuu?"

Screw you and your hellos and how can I help yous.  If I want to hear your ass speak I'll ask.  In the meantime, just be paid to shut up.  If I had a job like yours I'd kill  myself.

preston

When a caller on coast 2 coast tells Gorge Nory that he he does just as good of a job as Art Bell

b_dubb

Public Works workers who lock the gates to the soccer fields.  jerks

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 13, 2012, 03:55:39 PM
I hate walking into a store and having every stupid ass employee say something like- "Hello how are you?" or some such.  It reminds me of Noory's phony ass, ball-washing, "How are youuu?"

Screw you and your hellos and how can I help yous.  If I want to hear your ass speak I'll ask.  In the meantime, just be paid to shut up.  If I had a job like yours I'd kill  myself.

the ol' customer service can do attitude ... i'm right there with you.  i hate when people pretend they went to crawl up my ass.  they never mean it

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 13, 2012, 07:41:37 PM
Public Works workers who lock the gates to the soccer fields.  jerks
That sucks!  :( you guys have to find a new field. poor pup

b_dubb

yeah and i picked up a new toy for her too.  it's frisbee that's made from firehose. about the only thing she can't chew through
http://www.katiesbumpers.com/documents/kb_Frequent_Flyer.htm

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 13, 2012, 08:13:08 PM
yeah and i picked up a new toy for her too.  it's frisbee that's made from firehose. about the only thing she can't chew through
http://www.katiesbumpers.com/documents/kb_Frequent_Flyer.htm
Soooo cute. My dog would be so sad. Im sorry. I hope the person goofs up and forgets to lock up.

Quote from: b_dubb on March 13, 2012, 07:44:00 PM
the ol' customer service can do attitude ... i'm right there with you.  i hate when people pretend they went to crawl up my ass.  they never mean it
This is required by management, not at the store level where they occasionally have more sense but at the corporate level.  They have studies (I suspect very poorly designed studies) saying this makes customers happy.  Write to the company’s headquarters and tell them it bothers you.  You will be doing yourself and the employees a favor.  The employees are graded on whether or not they follow these “greet every customer” policies and can even be fired if they do not comply.

Harmness

Pisses me off when you're at one of these places and someone actually does help you and then when you go to tip them they tell you their overlords don't let them take tips.  Really?  You just loaded two tons of feed into a shit-encrusted stock trailer.  Shut up and take it, buddy.

b_dubb

Quote from: Harmness on March 14, 2012, 03:39:16 PM
Pisses me off when you're at one of these places and someone actually does help you and then when you go to tip them they tell you their overlords don't let them take tips.  Really?  You just loaded two tons of feed into a shit-encrusted stock trailer.  Shut up and take it, buddy.
yeah. this is horse shit. fuck the jackasses who tell their underpaid workers not to accept gratuities

meanmug247

I hate how Italian women are completely insane but I'm still strangely attracted to them.

aldousburbank

I am seriously annoyed at the fact that I think Barbara Bush, the younger, is totally fucking hot!

Eddie Coyle

Gold shilling radio hosts...

The General

Blood Sausage.
Butt Stabbers.
Glue Sniffers.
Gas Huffers.
Blue Schnauzers.
Burnt Sluggers.
Snow Blowers.
Bronto Saurs &
BlutSauger.

meanmug247

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 17, 2012, 05:48:35 PM
I am seriously annoyed at the fact that I think Barbara Bush, the younger, is totally fucking hot!

she looks crazy. my kind of girl. that would be worth pursuing just because she's the ex president's daughter.

CoastCanuck

what annoys me is filling out my income tax forms..

Eddie Coyle

"Proud to be Irish", "Black and Proud", "Italian Pride" etc...

Like you had a fucking say in the matter.

Be proud of personal achievements, not heredity.

McPhallus

Three figure of speech atrocities:

"Do your due diligence."
"Did a solid."
"Good on ya."

"Did a solid" is something your dog does on the carpet.

WOTR

In case I have not mentioned it before now- I hate contractors and professionals.  There is no way in hell that anybody should go to school for 4 years to learn a trade and come out knowing less and being less competent than when they went in.  At the moment, electricians in particular have hit my "shit list."  $100/  hour where I live and they are placing two wires under the screw in a breaker, strip too far back so that there is 1/4 inch of bare wire behind a wire nuts on a 347V system and run T-8 bulbs off of T-12 ballasts.  Really, the list just goes on (that was all found yesterday.)  After installing 2 new fixtures they ran T-12 bulbs in the T-8 ballasts (T-12 fixtures have not been available for a year now and they are still not sure what bulb to put in a new fixture???) and put a 110V ballast in our 347V wiring last month.

I'm done for now... next week will be a rant on general contractors followed by fire protection "experts."

McPhallus

Companies that buy once-legendary brand names hoping to cash in even when the entity creating the original brand is long gone.

Case in point: Commodore and Amiga.  They've both come out with odd little machines bearing the old brand names that really are little more than Linux boxes.  If something's dead, let it die: you're just going to tick off the original crowd and confuse those who weren't around to enjoy it the first time.