• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2018, 09:26:51 AM
To their credit the National Enquirer was the first to report Bill Clinton and Monica, Edwards cheating on his wife with cancer and having a kid,  and "Rev" Jesse Jackson's illegitimate child,  as I recall. And some OJ shockers, I think?

The Globe has some good leads:

albrecht

DOJ report on the phones of Lisa Page and Peter Strzok, the anti-Trump plotting FBI agents who apparently were committing adultery with each other and using their government-issued cell phones to discuss anti-Trump politics and arrange sexual liaisons. Of course many of the messages could not be retained and the phones were scrubbed and/or reset before all messages could be reviewed. Surprise, surprise. I wonder how many people or businesses under investigation by the FBI, IRS, or other agency would be allowed to get away with such excuses? I guess all those tax-dollars going to NSA and govt data-mining databases and the actual laws and rules about data-retention and use of government property for personal use just go out the window if anti-Trump or anti-Republican politics are involved?? 

Full report here (opens pdf) 

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2018/i-2018-003523.pdf
One notes that previously they used my likely favorite excuse of all time and one I wonder if any businessman or person under IRS, SEC, DOJ, etc investigation could also use? To wit: 

"“misconfiguration issues related to rollouts, provisioning, and software upgrades that conflicted with...collection capabilities.”" 

https://www.apnews.com/ce84437c8b1c4a27881d49f51e02631f?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2018, 04:34:25 PM
DOJ report on the phones of Lisa Page and Peter Strzok, the anti-Trump plotting FBI agents who apparently were committing adultery with each other and using their government-issued cell phones to discuss anti-Trump politics and arrange sexual liaisons. Of course many of the messages could not be retained and the phones were scrubbed and/or reset before all messages could be reviewed. Surprise, surprise. I wonder how many people or businesses under investigation by the FBI, IRS, or other agency would be allowed to get away with such excuses? I guess all those tax-dollars going to NSA and govt data-mining databases and the actual laws and rules about data-retention and use of government property for personal use just go out the window if anti-Trump or anti-Republican politics are involved?? 

Full report here (opens pdf) 

One notes that previously they used my likely favorite excuse of all time and one I wonder if any businessman or person under IRS, SEC, DOJ, etc investigation could also use? To wit: 

"“misconfiguration issues related to rollouts, provisioning, and software upgrades that conflicted with...collection capabilities.”" 

https://www.apnews.com/ce84437c8b1c4a27881d49f51e02631f?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

No doubt there was a lot of sexting going on which I would prefer stays lost.  The mental image of those two bumping uglies puts me off my feed.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 13, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

The Globe has some good leads:

Okay, you got me.  I will admit to thumbing through a copy of the Enquirer and worse when I find one in a barber shop but that's all I'm going to cop to. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 13, 2018, 04:47:59 PM
No doubt there was a lot of sexting going on which I would prefer stays lost.  The mental image of those two bumping uglies puts me off my feed.
Agreed. But I don't care about the sex but the fact that we had FBI Agents (heretofore the be-all end-all stereotype of honest, straight-laced agents, at least in propaganda) using government property (paid for by us) to discuss politics, arrange sexual liaisons (adultery which is a security breach,) brag that they will stop the incoming President, and who knows what else....BECAUSE the agency(s), somehow, cannot find many of their correspondences and stuff was wiped/deleted/reset. The same agencies that go after people for misremembering and prosecuting them on a 18 U.S.C. § 1001 and who demands of businesses and people to retain records for years, who data-mines and spies on American people (even Congressmen,) and so on does not do so for themselves! If anything the GOVERNMENT and its agents, employees, and bureacrats should be held to a HIGHER standard than an average tax-payer citizen.

Could YOU get away with this? In your business? In your tax filings? If accused of something? "Sorry, I had a misconfiguration during a roll-out and so cannot provide any information."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 13, 2018, 03:12:34 PM
We've got the bastards by the barbells

https://youtu.be/66TMVUHArG8 :P

Shouldn’t you be rooting for Hillary. The Clintons were besties with the Bushes you know.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
Shouldn’t you be rooting for Hillary. The Clintons were besties with the Bushes you know.

:D
He's so flustered that he's replying to himself now:

Kidnostad3

Re: Random Political Thoughts
« Reply #9273 on: Today at 05:42:59 PM »
Quote from: Kidnostad3 on Today at 04:12:34 PM/quote]

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on December 13, 2018, 09:57:03 PM
Shocking stuff

OH MY GOD. You are not actually kidding here.

How many times has that ever actually happened? And, on hd video? Zounds!!

Jackstar

Quote from: Taaroa on December 13, 2018, 09:57:03 PM
Shocking stuff

https://twitter.com/BBCSussex/status/1072243438593196034

I'm gonna be sad when this post scrolls out of the Recent Posts feed, and I can't click on it again out of pure joy when it comes by again, so I am quoting this post here to mitigate that dark future.

Taaroa

Quote from: Jackstar on December 13, 2018, 09:58:51 PM
How many times has that ever actually happened?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceremonial_maces_in_the_United_Kingdom#Incidents_with_the_Mace_in_the_House_of_Commons

While conducting the strenuous research required for the above, I came across this gem of a role name:
QuoteThe Gentleman Usher of the Black Rod, or Lady Usher of the Black Rod, generally shortened to Black Rod

WeinerInHand

I really can't stay (but baby, it's cold outside)
I've got to go away (but baby, it's cold outside)
This evening has been (been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice (i'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)
My mother will start to worry (beautiful what's your hurry?)
My father will be pacing the floor (listen to the fireplace roar)
So really I'd better scurry (beautiful please don't hurry)
But maybe just a half a drink more (put some records on while I pour)
The neighbors might think (baby, it's bad out there)
Say what's in this drink? (no cabs to be had out there)
I wish I knew how (your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell (i'll take your hat, your hair looks swell)
I ought to say, no, no, no sir (mind if I move in closer?)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried (what's the sense in hurtin' my pride?)
I really can't stay (oh baby don't hold out)
But baby, it's cold outside
I simply must go (but baby, it's cold outside)
The answer is no (but baby, it's cold outside)
Your welcome has been(how lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (look out the window at this dawn)
My sister will be suspicious (gosh your lips look delicious)
My brother will be there at the door (waves upon the tropical shore)
My maiden aunts mind is vicious (gosh your lips are delicious)
But maybe just a cigarette more (never such a blizzard before)
I've gotta get home(but baby, you'd freeze out there)
Say lend me a coat(it's up to your knees out there)
You've really been grand (i thrill when you touch my hand)
But don't you see? (how can you do this thing to me?)
There's bound to be talk tomorrow (think of my lifelong sorrow)
At least there will be plenty implied (if you got pnuemonia and died)
I really can't stay (get over that old out)
Baby, it's cold
Baby, it's cold outside

Lunger

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 14, 2018, 02:49:59 PM

Baby, it's cold
Baby, it's cold outside

She wanted it but needed plausible deniability to be able to spend the night and keep her good girl status.  He was clever enough to give it to her.

Do you fucks not know anything about women?

Metron2267

https://www.thepostemail.com/2018/10/25/the-d-c-circuit-court-of-appeals-wants-to-hear-from-me/

An excerpt: The issue I raise â€" that has not been raised on appeal by either the government or counsel for Andrew Miller â€" is arguably dispositive: Regardless of whether Mr. Mueller initially had the authority for his investigation into Russian Collusion, by statute found at 5 U.S. Code §3346 Mr. Mueller’s authority ended 210 days after he was appointed by Mr. Rosenstein. 👉 That date was December 17, 2017,👈 and every action taken by him thereafter is void. See: 5 U.S.C. §3348(d)(“any function or duty of a vacant office’ performed by a person not properly serving under the statute shall have no force or effect.”)

https://voat.co/v/QRV/2913729

Kidnostad3

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 14, 2018, 02:49:59 PM

Baby, it's cold
Baby, it's cold outside

How dare you repeat those rapey lyrics.  You should set a better example.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 15, 2018, 06:46:16 PM

Being a George Bush fan you’d probably prefer if it was about the rape of a young boy.  :D

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 15, 2018, 08:38:14 PM
Being a George Bush fan you’d probably prefer if it was about the rape of a young boy.  :D

Okay, I’m genuinely worried about this guy.  He hasn’t said anything that makes sense in weeks. Maybe it’s some sort of hysterical reaction to contrary opinion or maybe it’s his overindulgence in high colonics. 

pyewacket

Quote from: Lunger on December 15, 2018, 04:21:31 PM
She wanted it but needed plausible deniability to be able to spend the night and keep her good girl status.  He was clever enough to give it to her.

Finally- someone gets the true meaning of those lyrics. Point goes to Lunger!

They also claim that line, "Say what's in this drink?", is a reference to slipping her a mickey - but for those of us old enough to know better- that was a common joke when a person was enjoying the drink too much or was acting a bit tipsy.

I'm sure the PC crowd can deconstruct this offensive, patriarchal song and make it classy and culturally acceptable to themselves.   

kiersa brenner

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 15, 2018, 06:46:16 PM

You're right, I completely forgot a disclaimer.
(I can feel the lawyers congregating now.) 😃

WeinerInHand

"We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for YOUR sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."
--from ANIMAL FARM (1945) by George Orwell

Kidnostad3

Quote from: pyewacket on December 15, 2018, 09:58:12 PM
Finally- someone gets the true meaning of those lyrics. Point goes to Lunger!

They also claim that line, "Say what's in this drink?", is a reference to slipping her a mickey - but for those of us old enough to know better- that was a common joke when a person was enjoying the drink too much or was acting a bit tipsy.

I'm sure the PC crowd can deconstruct this offensive, patriarchal song and make it classy and culturally acceptable to themselves.   

kiersa brenner

I’m convinced that the phrase “don we now our gay apparel” contained in Deck The Halls is a left handed barb directed against the LGBT community and it should be revised in every songbook in print.  Is there no limit to the bias and cruelty of some of our fellow heterosexuals.  I’m further convinced that kind of insensitivity is what lies behind M.D.s and Metron’s hysterical lashing out in the present season

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Taaroa on December 13, 2018, 11:02:14 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceremonial_maces_in_the_United_Kingdom#Incidents_with_the_Mace_in_the_House_of_Commons

While conducting the strenuous research required for the above, I came across this gem of a role name:

I heard from an authoritative source what the Black Rod said he’d do with the Mace if the back bencher who grabbed it did it again.  One would think it to be a physical impossibilty but I’d really like to see him give it a shot.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Lunger on December 15, 2018, 04:21:31 PM

That is one theory behind the odd custom of carrying a bride over the threshold, which is widespread and probably very old.  The groom takes full responsibility and, should things not work out, she can run back home and bring the vengeance of her family down on him.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 16, 2018, 06:56:36 AM
That is one theory behind the odd custom of carrying a bride over the threshold, which is widespread and probably very old.  The groom takes full responsibility and, should things not work out, she can run back home and bring the vengeance of her family down on him.
Indian weddings still have the faux kidnapping type of deal but I'm somewhat at a loss because it was hard to tell what the heck was going on. There also is a dance that approached a lap-dance, in this Westerner's eyes. Iceland, or is it the Finns? Also have a kidnapping deal? I must await "Bill From Madison" to elucidate such on a call-in show, hopefully. The Danes are more practical. There is some deal, again, I wasn't sure what the heck was going on, but the groomsman cut off the socks of the groom and give to bride. I was told because a "good wife" should be able to darn socks. Amen on that as we approach winter. I also like the ship models in Danish churches, almost as good as elephant or, barring city policy, the adorned horse in aforementioned Indian weddings. The Vietnam types, again I was at a loss, bang shit around and throw fire-crackers in the house before weddings! Something to do with cursing evil spirits from the new home?