• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fake News...

Started by chefist, December 09, 2016, 11:44:37 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 16, 2017, 10:01:02 AM
Eh? Its the only two pages Trump has released so far. From 2005. Coincidentally it has his wife's name on them, the year before she was naturalised. Clearly from the two sheets released Trump is clean as a whistle, so presumably he'll have no problem releasing the rest of the document and all the other years before and since. No problem at all.

Wow! You're really trying to make hay out of a 12 year old tax return that showed he paid 26% tax to the government that year?! I guess there's no depth you won't stoop to, Steele?  ::)

Taaroa

I don't know if you could call it fake news, but the Queen isn't even dead and news outlets are already 'covering' the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on March 16, 2017, 03:26:49 PM
I don't know if you could call it fake news, but the Queen isn't even dead and news outlets are already 'covering' the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

Bring it! Let's break the back of monarchy once and for all!  ;)

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 16, 2017, 03:42:16 PM
Bring it! Let's break the back of monarchy once and for all!  ;)

I knew posting that would attract the anti-monarchists.   ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Taaroa on March 16, 2017, 03:49:29 PM

He's not that bright and hasn't worked out Chuck would take over.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on March 16, 2017, 03:49:29 PM

So, what's the draw for you? You just like knowing you're being ruled by the richest group of inbreed pedophiles? That's weird.

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 16, 2017, 03:52:12 PM
So, what's the draw for you? You just like knowing you're being ruled by the richest group of inbreed pedophiles? That's weird.
I'll give you the broad strokes of why I don't consider myself a republican anymore:

1) It's basically my country's only remaining link to the Empire and whatever culture that used to instill in us before being slowly eroded away.

2) Our politicians are possibly the worst and most self interested in the developed Anglosphere, and having them completely in control of things sounds like a recipe for a complete disaster. One of the only times the 'monarchy' (because it was the Governor General) 'actively interfered' in our politics was due to our own politicians and a locally born Governor General, and the Queen showed displeasure at said interference.

3) Our voters don't inspire confidence - not helped by mandatory voting (people who shouldn't/wouldn't vote otherwise end up doing donkey votes and the like).

4) I have never seen a good proposal for a new flag.

5) I got a very nice christmas card from Charles and Camilla at the end of 2015. I am yet to figure out why.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 16, 2017, 03:51:14 PM

He's not that bright and hasn't worked out Chuck would take over.  ::)

Pssssssssssttt ......... the 'Queen' is a man. Don't tell anyone.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on March 16, 2017, 04:26:08 PM
I'll give you the broad strokes of why I don't consider myself a republican anymore:

1) It's basically my country's only remaining link to the Empire and whatever culture that used to instill in us before being slowly eroded away.
That all ended in 1945. It's been American exceptionalism ever since. Well, that and a bunch of bitter sniping from GB. Maybe it's time you dealt with that and move on. Kubler/Ross isn't supposed to last forever, even though you're really trying.  :D

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 16, 2017, 05:09:11 PM
That all ended in 1945. It's been American exceptionalism ever since.
Well maybe abandoning the colonies to fend for themselves and refusing to return their soldiers when they needed them has that effect.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 16, 2017, 05:09:11 PM
That all ended in 1945. It's been American exceptionalism ever since. Well, that and a bunch of bitter sniping from GB. Maybe it's time you dealt with that and move on. Kubler/Ross isn't supposed to last forever, even though you're really trying.  :D

Acceptance

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 16, 2017, 09:52:48 AM
Everybody knows shrinkage happens when it's cold.

Global warming study has scientists concerned about shrinking mammals
http://www.mlive.com/news/us-world/index.ssf/2017/03/global_warming_study_has_scien.html

She didn't.   ;D

GravitySucks

Why is this hack even trying to remain relevant?  To get on Hillary's NYC mayoral campaign?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/18/donna-brazile-admits-to-sharing-debate-questions-with-clinton-camp-blames-russia/

Remember when she said the emails were "doctored" by WikiLeaks?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/20/dnc-boss-brazile-claims-wikileaks-emails-doctored-in-contentious-interview.html

Maybe she is just trying to get her job back at CNN...

albrecht

Here is a good look at "fake news." Not really faked but editorial slant. Martin McGuinness, by all reports, has died but the headlines in the papers vary from "Revolutionary," "Rebel," IRA Commander," "Peace-maker," "IRA Street Fighter" "Butcher who became peace-maker" etc etc. So the "news" is real but some kid in the US, say who is too young to remember the events or is unaware at all of history, who scans headlines will see the same guy portrayed in different ways depending on what the editor, ownership wants to portray him. As a note I haven't seen "terrorist" in the headline though I imagine some of the more local papers, depending on the area, did.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mcguinness+dies&t=ffab&ia=news

starrmtn001

BREAKING: Paul J Watson - MY LAST EVER VIDEO?  3.24.17.

https://youtu.be/XGxRQ3fxuTs

TigerLily

I see no one has mentioned this piece of "fake news". Trump has you all believing the fake news fantasy but when he personally reaches out with breaking news, it's to the Washington Post

'Hello, Bob’: President Trump called my cellphone to say that the health-care bill was dead
By Robert Costa March 24

President Trump called me on my cellphone Friday afternoon at 3:31 p.m. At first I thought it was a reader with a complaint since it was a blocked number.

Instead, it was the president calling from the Oval Office. His voice was even, his tone muted. He did not bury the lead.

“Hello, Bob,” Trump began. “So, we just pulled it.”  [Speaking of the healthcare bill]

TigerLily

Here's some real fake news for you guys n gals

Fox News mocked for 'alert' that Trump spent weekend working at White House - The Hill

Fox News ✔ @FoxNews
News Alert: @POTUS spending weekend working at the White House.
2:30 PM - 26 Mar 2017

Many pointed out that Trump had traveled twice to the Trump National Golf Club in Virginia over the weekend. He was at the golf club on Saturday for meetings and then again on Sunday for about an hour, during which he conducted three short meetings, according to pool reports.

Trump headed back to the White House after his Saturday meetings and later had dinner at Trump International Hotel near the White House, according to pool reports.
Sunday's trip marked the president's 13th visit to a golf course since taking office, though pool reports do not indicate he played this weekend.

Matt McDermott ✔ @mattmfm
1.) This is not newsworthy.
2.) This is flatly false.
3.) This is what propaganda looks like. https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/846112245797007360 …
3:04 PM - 26 Mar 2017

Chuds MacKenzie @ChudsMacKenzie
1) Even if this were true, why would it be news?
2) Not even true. http://time.com/4713433/president-trump-golf-course/ … https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/846112245797007360 …

Posted by many tweeters:

TigerLily

Don't overcook the polenta

TigerLily

Real news fights back. Hannity hopes you know that his and Fox News programs are opinion shows and not news shows

Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity he is bad for America

“We have to give some credit to the American people that they’re somewhat intelligent and that they know the difference between an opinion show and a news show,” Hannity said. “You’re cynical.”

[Koppel replied]“You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

In a series of tweets, Hannity later accused CBS of offering “Fake Edited News.”

Watch Koppel’s full report here.   http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/a-polarized-america/?ftag=MSF0951a18

Jackstar

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 27, 2017, 03:30:54 PM
[Koppel replied]“You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts.”

Of course, only Koppel's ideology is more important than facts and beyond reproach or you're a racist.  ::)

pate

A.J. just reported that due to failed "penile enhancement surgery" a certain Mm. Aych's bid failed?

'naut surgic' is all Eye Goat...

ediot:  Unitard spokes wheel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATiSefppn-Y

TigerLily

Indisputable evidence shows that the Fake News was propagated by 1,500 Russian and Eastern European hackers paid by Russia, including Pizzagate. Trump calls the Washington Post to personally break the news about the healthcare bill failing. He invites New York Times reporters to interview him in the Oval Office. During his latest press conference calls on AP and PBS reporters for questions.

Donald knows who is Real News, who is Fake News, and as Hannity called it who is Opinion Shows. How's accepting reality going for you? Or is it still ....

Quote from: TigerLily on April 06, 2017, 01:00:41 PM
Indisputable evidence shows that the Fake News was propagated by 1,500 Russian and Eastern European hackers paid by Russia, including Pizzagate. Trump calls the Washington Post to personally break the news about the healthcare bill failing. He invites New York Times reporters to interview him in the Oval Office. During his latest press conference calls on AP and PBS reporters for questions.

Donald knows who is Real News, who is Fake News, and as Hannity called it who is Opinion Shows. How's accepting reality going for you? Or is it still ....

The mountain of Fake News coming from the so-called Main Stream Media dwarfs any mischief coming out of Russia or anywhere else. 

No one was swayed into voting any particular way by the junk you mention.  The fake news from CNN, et al permeates the country.  You yourself are one obvious example of its affect.

TigerLily

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 06, 2017, 01:35:48 PM
The mountain of Fake News coming from the so-called Main Stream Media dwarfs any mischief coming out of Russia or anywhere else. 

No one was swayed into voting any particular way by the junk you mention.  The fake news from CNN, et al permeates the country.  You yourself are one obvious example of its affect.

I can't remember the last time I watched CNN. 24 hour "news" channels are all slanted. How about you? What special source do you get your "real" news? Please give examples of when the so-called mainstream media was wrong and your fringe "news" was right. Please educate me to the facts

I know. Informed, aware, in touch with reality

TigerLily

Mr. Deplorable? Still waiting for my schooling. Time's up. Got nothing, right?

Quote from: TigerLily on April 09, 2017, 12:39:18 AM
Mr. Deplorable? Still waiting for my schooling. Time's up. Got nothing, right?

Several of us have been pointing out their Fake News, Fake Statistics, and Fake Polls on a daily basis for months.  On threads you read.  If none of that sunk in with you, I'm not sure what would.

But since you asked, lets look at some of the big stories from the Democrat Fake News Media (DFNM) over the past several months.  Sometimes looking at a timeline, rather than just todays headlines, clears things up a bit: 

Hilary is caught storing classified data on a home-brew server she keeps in her barn.  This is a clear felony - intent is not needed for this to be a crime.  The DFNM ignores it when they can, downplays it when it gets to be too big of a story, and relentlessly defends her.  The Conservative media covers the story fairly and accurately.

The server is hacked, and emails embarrassing to Hilary and the Democrat National Committee are released.  The DFNM barely covers the story, defends her and them relentlessly, and makes it about ''the Russians'' interfering with the election.  They go on to accuse Trump - with zero evidence - of being in cahoots with Putin and Russia in interfering with the election.  The Conservative media covers the story fairly and accurately.

Meanwhile, the DFNM attacks Trump relentlessly in order to delegitimize his presidency, and distract him from implementing his campaign promises.  No lie is too small, no smear is too vile. 

Trump tweets he's been surveilled by the Obama White House.  The DFNM goes wild, says he's lying, he's crazy, adds this to the list of BS they've been smearing him with.  When it turns out to be true, the DFNM makes the story about Devin Nunes, and has zero interest in investigating the Obama Administration.  And completely drops the storyline about Trump being crazy for bringing it up.  Meanwhile the Conservative media covers the story fairly and accurately.

The US bombs an airfield of the Syria government - a Russian client.  The DFNM drops the story of Trump being in Putin's pocket, and goes on to new smears.  The DFNM says nothing about the role the Obama Administration played in Russia being is Syria in the first place, or about the deal Obama, Kerry, and Rice put together with the Russians and bragged about, that supposedly removed ALL poison gas from Syria.  Meanwhile the Conservative media covered the story fairly and accurately.

I could sit down with you and go through any of these fraudulent Democrat newspapers on any day and point out various misrepresentations, articles with crucial information not included, portions of the articles that is opinion, quotes from only one side, important events not reported on, fake statistics, misleading headlines, on and on and on - this is just the short list. 

The TV news is worse.  They have limited time, and can only cover a limited number of events.  They can only spend a few minutes on each.  Video is powerful, and that is used to control what you see.  As with print, often it's not so much what's covered, it's how it's spun.

I'm sure you've seen me debunk statistics from the Fake News Media that people have posted, when I've had the time and inclination to do so.  It's not difficult, because people tend to believe numbers they are presented, and don't ask or even consider what went into them.

I hope that helps.  I'm pretty sure it didn't.