• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 08:29:29 AM
Yes I heard Keith last night. Strange, which night did Art take himself off the air to go check during gunshot incident? I do not recall Art doing this.

I remember it, but I couldn't tell you when. I think he went off a few times, if it's the show I remember. He kept excusing himself.   

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 08:34:16 AM
I remember it, but I couldn't tell you when. I think he went off a few times, if it's the show I remember. He kept excusing himself.
He was sounding genuinely shaken to me.

stargazr1976

Maybe if I talk shit long enough it will all fold.I know you all tell the truth thats why your on the net. 8) Oh and dude. you dont fool me duuuuude.

stargazr1976

mr dude is one of em. He is 4han too. He just wont tell ya.. He would have to psycoanalize it first. he is. 8) He knows

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Drunkenyoyomaster on December 19, 2015, 08:35:07 AM
He was sounding genuinely shaken to me.
The guest was concerned also.

Alright.. whoever updates Art's wikipedia page is REALLY slacking off.  ::) ::)

stargazr1976

the dude loves his anal 8)

stargazr1976

I got so scared on  bellfuck once I almost liked radio again. then the dude scaarred me. I was lucky no negro slave songs.  8) trolls. define troll mr troll

stargazr1976

defined .....onan troll 8)

stargazr1976

its ok i have a dvpo and bellgab never trolls. mostly out themselves damn. now what does honesty feel like i so fucking wonder. 8)

Quote from: stargazr1976 on December 19, 2015, 08:48:21 AM
hootie hoo dale 8)
Who is this Dude you speak of? Sorry I'm a little new to actually posting regular up in here..

stargazr1976

Quote from: Drunkenyoyomaster on December 19, 2015, 08:49:52 AM
Who is this Dude you speak of? Sorry I'm a little new to actually posting regular up in here..

an old friend sir. 8)

Element 115

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 08:38:13 AM
  The guest was concerned also.

Alright.. whoever updates Art's wikipedia page is REALLY slacking off.  ::) ::)

Wasn't it Michio Kaku? I though he was the guest the night of the shots outside.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 08:29:29 AM
Yes I heard Keith last night. Strange, which night did Art take himself off the air to go check during gunshot incident? I do not recall Art doing this.

Found this in another forum.. about Art filing (or not filing) a police report:

Quote from: boilingpitsofsewage on December 19, 2015, 02:03:57 AM

https://www.facebook.com/nyecountysheriff/posts/634161263393719

Nye County Sheriff's Office
December 14 at 4:40pm ·

PRESS RELEASE

In response to requests we are releasing a subsequent Press Release about calls for service surrounding Art Bell and his residence.

On 10/21/2015 at approximately 2258 hrs a neighbor down the street from the residence of Art Bell reporting hearing several shots and a vehicle driving away however did not see anything in the area. The person reporting stated that when they went to the area they found a fresh beer. NCSO Deputies responded to the area and were unable to locate anything regarding this event.

On 10/22/2015 at approximately 0144 hrs Art Bell called because he was on the air and the neighbor advised him about the shots being fired. Art Bell stated he did not see or hear anything and was simply advised by the neighbor.

On 11/19/2015 at approximately 1840 hrs Art Bell’s producer called the Nye County Sheriff’s Office to report that Art had received a call from a blocked number saying that if he went on the air that night he and his family would be dead. That night the producer said that Art Bell did not want contact that evening and that calls should go to the producer. NCSO Deputies spoke with Art Bell and he said that he had received the threatening phone call and did not want to report it but simply wanted it documented.

On 11/24/2015 at approximately 1525 hrs Art Bell contacted the Nye County Sheriff’s Office to report that a male was on his property the night prior and was kneeling down by his window. Art Bell requested extra patrol during the night time hours.
Nye County Sheriff’s Office Deputies have done extra patrol in the area and have not been able to locate anyone in the area.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 09:01:03 AM
Wasn't it Michio Kaku? I though he was the guest the night of the shots outside.

Douglas Mulhall was on that night..  http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/date-thu-oct-22-douglas-mulhall/

He starts talking about an incident right away- about the text.. so maybe it was happening during the previous night's show.

Element 115

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:02:51 AM

Yes I've read those. I just don't remember him going off the air to investigate.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 07:58:46 AM
It does sound like Keith isn't as worried as he may have sounded before.  They have to stay on a *minimum* of 30 days.. that's not how long they have left. (Less now, as we're already in a week or whatever).

That makes it sound like enough money is coming in for them to continue, either on subscriptions and ads alone, or perhaps Art is willing to subsidize it to a certain extent for a certain amount of time. 

Art also seems to think the show will continue, as he's mentioned coming back to do a show now and then (which is probably how the whole thing should have been set up in the first place).

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 09:05:13 AM
Ok thanks, I will have to check it out.

He starts talking about an incident right away- about the text.. so maybe it was happening during the previous night's show. :)

He also talks about his website specifically that was having DOS attack. Not any other site on the network- just his.

Element 115

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:06:16 AM
He starts talking about an incident right away- about the text.. so maybe it was happening during the previous night's show. :)

He also talks about his website specifically that was having DOS attack. Not any other site on the network- just his.

I do remember him mentioning the DOS. Maybe it was a bit later that he left to investigate during the show. I will check out the archive.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 09:12:09 AM
I do remember him mentioning the DOS. Maybe it was a bit later that he left to investigate during the show. I will check out the archive.

I'm listening to the show just to see if it goes on and he leaves.. it's got to be either this one or the night before.. 

Art did say that he did search the property pretty well, and did not find any bullet holes. He said somebody must be trying to scare him, and then was taking down his website for a few hours. 

(Honestly the Douglas Mulhall's voice seems off from what I remember, in terms of who the guest was who was speaking with Art when he went off of the air.  We shall see).

Element 115

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:13:46 AM
I'm listening to the show just to see if it goes on and he leaves.. it's got to be either this one or the night before..

Ok thanks, it's odd because I don't recall that occurring.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 09:16:46 AM
Ok thanks, it's odd because I don't recall that occurring.

OK.  Listen to the show on October 21st, with Dr. William Forschten.  Go to the 1hr 19m  mark. (I skipped ahead to just after an hour into the show, because he said the following night that this was all happening around 10:30pm or so, his time. So if something happened before that, I'm not sure). 

He asked Dr. Forschten to hold on for a minute.  He came back and said that there were shots fired in his area.  Somebody driving by, probably drunk, probably hunting for him. Quite a number of shots fired, police on their way.  Art called home and everybody was safe. He said to the listeners that they are well armed, and that his wife is a good shot.   He said all of the neighbors heard it. 

Pretty sure he goes off again at least one more time, and I will edit this post to add that when I hear it.

1h 22m, he is apparently getting more messages about the situation, and mentions it on the air.  Says 4 minutes later than he's monitoring the situation via text.

1 hr 27m in, Art asks the Dr. to stand by again.  He just got news that his back sensor light has gone on, which probably means that somebody set it off (this is what Art said). He's going to play music and go check it out.  When he came back, he said he's very well armed. He said he would assume that by now, the cops are all over the place.  (He does seem flustered).

1 hr 30m, Art mentioned after a break that the cops were everywhere, and that he was busy confirming that fact.  He said "just a whole bunch of shots fired out there", and then he grumbled.  "My wife's over there with Asia, on the floor, lights out, that kind of deal".  "Neighbors up in arms, in more ways than one".

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/wed-oct-21-dr-william-forstchen/

Too bad the poll function is disabled.  Here are 3 possibilities regarding this:

A)  Everything thing Art has reported is 100% accurate

B)  It's an excuse to quit doing the how full time - either completely made up, or created from a few minor random events and embellished.

C)  Art is a bit of a nut - a semi-hermit with a touch of paranoia along with a wild imagination and an inclination towards conspiracy theories - who happens to have a rare talent for hosting a radio program, who currently believes he has a stalker/shooter when none actually exists.

Element 115

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:21:44 AM
OK.  Listen to the show on October 21st, with Dr. William Forschten.  Go to the 1hr 19m  mark. (I skipped ahead to just after an hour into the show, because he said the following night that this was all happening around 10:30pm or so, his time. So if something happened before that, I'm not sure). 

He asked Dr. Forschten to hold on for a minute.  He came back and said that there were shots fired in his area.  Somebody driving by, probably drunk, probably hunting for him. Quite a number of shots fired, police on their way.  Art called home and everybody was safe. He said to the listeners that they are well armed, and that his wife is a good shot.   He said all of the neighbors heard it. 

Pretty sure he goes off again at least one more time, and I will edit this post to add that when I hear it.

1h 22m, he is apparently getting more messages about the situation, and mentions it on the air.

http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/wed-oct-21-dr-william-forstchen/

Awesome, thank you.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 19, 2015, 09:30:09 AM
Awesome, thank you.

No problem. Editing my post as I listen, as he mentions the situation.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:02:51 AM

Assuming that sheriff's press release is both genuine and accurate, I'm perplexed by Art's actions relative to the alleged phone threat.  First, Art received a death threat against his family for that evening, yet declined to speak with LEOs, referring them to a producer located (assumingly) off-site?  He also declined to file an official police report,
and in doing so apparently precluding LEOs from getting a court order to attempt to find the blocked phone number?   

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 09:36:02 AM
Assuming that sheriff's press release is both genuine and accurate, I'm perplexed by Art's actions relative to the alleged phone threat.  First, Art received a death threat against his family for that evening, yet declined to speak with LEOs, referring them to a producer located (assumingly) off-site?  He also declined to file an official police report,
and in doing so apparently precluding LEOs from getting a court order to attempt to find the blocked phone number?

I don't know a whole lot about the phone call, but Art repeatedly mentioned that he thought the cops were in the area after shots were fired on the 21st of October. So if neighbors were there reporting it, Art didnt' necessarily need to.  He figured they'd handled it, and he couldn't prove the nut was after him.

Philosopher

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 09:36:02 AM

Logic is dangerous.