• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: bateman on January 16, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
Nothing says love like a beige Oldsmobile.

Well they just don't make 'em anymore

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bateman on January 16, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
Nothing says love like a beige Oldsmobile.

I wasn't beige, damn it! It was more of a gold color. :)

Was supposed to go to Beijing.  Flight out got cancelled due to weather. 

Now after some rethinking it looks like I may not have to go.

Woo Hoo!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 18, 2018, 10:51:11 AM
Was supposed to go to Beijing.  Flight out got cancelled due to weather. 

Now after some rethinking it looks like I may not have to go.

Woo Hoo!

I'm not surprised you're happy..What was that? 15-17 hour flight?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 18, 2018, 11:02:51 AM
I'm not surprised you're happy..What was that? 15-17 hour flight?

16 hours.  Plus its pure hell once one finally gets there. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 18, 2018, 11:16:20 AM
16 hours.  Plus its pure hell once one finally gets there.

The pollution?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 18, 2018, 11:17:32 AM
The pollution?

Yeah,  have to wear a mask but it still ends up in just a huge, constant cough fest.
You are never sure what's in the food and it sucks not being able to read. 
If it's French, German, Spanish or something at least in the ballpark to English, you can
look at a sign on a building and at least make an educated guess.  No chance with Chinese.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 18, 2018, 11:26:18 AM
Yeah,  have to wear a mask but it still ends up in just a huge, constant cough fest.
You are never sure what's in the food and it sucks not being able to read. 
If it's French, German, Spanish or something at least in the ballpark to English, you can
look at a sign on a building and at least make an educated guess.  No chance with Chinese.

Do you go over there often?  I've only been to China twice, both times stayed in and around those Hotels/Restaurants which cater to Westerners.  We did get off "the beaten path" once, and it was difficult.  Took a river cruise down the Li River...thankfully the menu had pictures and we could guestimate what we were eating.  One morning my wife and i decided not to have the western breakfast and went to a different buffet in the Hotel.  The waitress would not seat us and kept pointing to the Western buffet.  I kept trying to tell her we wanted to try the Chinese breakfast, but I guess she insisted we were in the wrong place...or they just plain didn't want us there...bacon and eggs it was..lol. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on January 18, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
Do you go over there often?  I've only been to China twice, both times stayed in and around those Hotels/Restaurants which cater to Westerners.  We did get off "the beaten path" once, and it was difficult.  Took a river cruise down the Li River...thankfully the menu had pictures and we could guestimate what we were eating.  One morning my wife and i decided not to have the western breakfast and went to a different buffet in the Hotel.  The waitress would not seat us and kept pointing to the Western buffet.  I kept trying to tell her we wanted to try the Chinese breakfast, but I guess she insisted we were in the wrong place...or they just plain didn't want us there...bacon and eggs it was..lol.

Fascists never seem to like it when you're in the wrong line.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 18, 2018, 12:20:22 PM
Fascists never seem to like it when you're in the wrong line.  ;)
Ha!  Ah, for the good 'ol days in Ruskieland.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on January 18, 2018, 11:56:01 AM

I've been four times.  More than enough, at least on business.   Might be a different story if you went on your own and
got out into the countryside a little bit.  It seems like my employer is looking more towards Africa in the future for
offshoring work so that will be its own adventure.

the truths we know aren't similar to the ones we don't.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 18, 2018, 12:32:12 PM
I've been four times.  More than enough, at least on business.   Might be a different story if you went on your own and
got out into the countryside a little bit.  It seems like my employer is looking more towards Africa in the future for
offshoring work so that will be its own adventure.

Bring extra mosquito repelant.  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on January 13, 2018, 10:55:30 PM
Vera looks very beautiful.

Once I saw a shady-looking tweeker type pull behind some closed office buildings on a weekend.  An Asian man met him and they exchanged a pitbull.  Having seen dogs for food sale in Chinatown, I was pretty upset.  Ironically, I had just finished an Asian meal.  Anyhow, I was so worried that the tweeker type sold the very young pitbull for food that I stayed in the area.  A few minutes later I saw the Asian man and the pitbull inside of one of the office buildings.  I knocked on the glass and the Asian opened it.  I said I was looking for a job and did he know it the offices were hiring.  He said no, of course, as he was the janitor.  But it gave me time to ask about the dog.

He was so happy I asked about his dog.  He said it was his beloved house pet, who came to work all night with him cleaning the buildings.  He seemed really proud of the dog.

I went back the next week on the same day at the same time just to make sure the story was true.  And he had told the truth.  His cute little love bug dog was right there with him, tail wagging.

I was so relieved.  After all, if the dog had been for food, who knows by what method illegal and possibly inhumane slaughter might have occurred.  So, it was great that they really did love each other.   From that day in, I had to question if my stereotypes are still real or if times have changed.  But that dog for apparent food sale in Chinatown was only twenty years ago.
Which Chinatown?  When?  Was it yummy?

paladin1991

Quote from: bateman on January 13, 2018, 11:55:50 PM
Started this on a whim the other day and already finished the whole first season. Just do yourself a favor and watch, especially if you liked Breaking Bad.

9.5/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7kHHxylps
[/
On my list.  But unlike you louts, I've a job to do. A life to live.

ksm32

I had no idea that there are many who believe that Alister Crowley sired Barbara Bush until tonight while listening to an episode of Caravan to Midnight from back in 2014.

..you can guggle the images for yourself but one thing's for sure, both are creatures you'd never want to see naked. Good Lord

Norm

Netflix? Is this the electronic equivalent to corn flakes? What is its power source?

Taaroa

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 20, 2018, 06:59:06 AM
With that kind of an Earth change....some of you guys are fucked.

Sacrifices must be made.

albrecht

Donut eating champ arrested for robbing donut shop. To further the funny story the donut eating contest was sponsored by the police department.
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_5a047ba0-bf15-5310-80fb-1f16451f0b04.html

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2018, 01:27:39 PM
Donut eating champ arrested for robbing donut shop. To further the funny story the donut eating contest was sponsored by the police department.
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_5a047ba0-bf15-5310-80fb-1f16451f0b04.html

Sounds like a case of entrapment.

pate

Quote from: Taaroa on January 20, 2018, 09:05:25 AM
Sacrifices must be made.

What is the bit in the top left of that map that is "Invasion Imminent"?  A Canadian province or something?  Sasketchewan(sp)?

Taaroa

Quote from: pate on January 20, 2018, 01:44:16 PM
What is the bit in the top left of that map that is "Invasion Imminent"?  A Canadian province or something?  Sasketchewan(sp)?
North Korea (I didn't make the map btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SuBBpLX-A

pate

As much as I love making random drunk-post hear on the BallGrab, I have more exciting and pressing issues to deal with on this warm Sunday morning.

Yep, going to clean up the past few months of dog-shit from the backyard and put it on the curb for the trash pickup...

Wouldn't want to waste the 50+ degree heatwave weather in front of a keyboard and screen!

Cheers,

Carry On...

Quote from: pate on January 21, 2018, 10:37:18 AM
As much as I love making random drunk-post hear on the BallGrab, I have more exciting and pressing issues to deal with on this warm Sunday morning.

Yep, going to clean up the past few months of dog-shit from the backyard and put it on the curb for the trash pickup...

Wouldn't want to waste the 50+ degree heatwave weather in front of a keyboard and screen!

Cheers,

Carry On...

If you had a couple of cats instead, like MV, you'd only have to spend a few minutes sifting their sandbox

pate

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 21, 2018, 10:40:15 AM
If you had a couple of cats instead, like MV, you'd only have to spend a few minutes sifting their sandbox

I am not too much of a cat person.  If the dogs would allow one to hang around the property, I'd feed it but it would have to remain semi-feral and not be an indoors cat.  My dogs aren't too adept at field mousery.

Picking up the winter accumulation of dog-shit affords me the opportunity to evaluate the lawn for areas that need seed, check out the pruning requirements of shrubs & fruit trees, pick up the trash that blows in from the nearby commercial property (I hate them and their fucking packing peanuts), etc.

I find it therapeutic, actually.