• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Quote from: Tangerine on September 01, 2019, 09:33:43 PM
It was disappointing that a local Memorial Gardens business here lets plums rot from their many plum trees.  Last year, I took without asking.  But this year they had a sign up not to pick.  I called and asked permission, but they said their policy is NO.  I wish they would donate the plums to the food bank.  I don't understand why they let plums rot on their nice memorial garden lawn - you'd think they would be glad I got rid of some of the slimy fruit from underfoot.
You have to be more creative. Get yourself a high visibility vest, a clipboard and a 5 gallon bucket. Pick to your heart's content. Nobody ever notices or questions someone in a high visibility vest. If you're worried about being confronted google the garden's/parks dept website and memorize at least 1 female and 1 male name. If somebody asks what you're doing say(in a world-weary tone) "Look I was told by (insert name) to get rid of these things before somebody slips and falls on these things" If they press the issue tell them you'll quit but get out the clipboard and ask them for their name and phone# "in case there's a lawsuit" If they persist further pelt them with the plums and leg it

Seriously though look up if there's a community garden/allotment in your area. Either they'll give you a plot of your own or you do a little work and they give you a share of the crop. If you can get a small area to grow where you live that would be great. Even a few sq ft in full sun can produce a decent amount of food(look up square foot gardening) Start off with easy to grow stuff like spinach, lettuce, beets and radishes. Seeds can be obtained cheaply at dollar stores in spring or around this time on clearance at big box stores. You'll lose weight, be less hungry, feel better and it's good physically and mentally

Jojo

Well.  Thanks, guys.  Good ideas.  The clipboard and vest - that's great!  I'm happier today.  The scale moved, I paid for vegetables, I got another work shift...

Maybe the new moon got me down...  Thanks again.  There is room to garden here and I'm a good actress...

Jojo

Pretty excited that the scale moved again.  I'm below the next 5lb marker on the scale.  So happy.

But, I had to lower my weekly goals.  It was too unsteady to have good weeks followed by failures because after fails, it's hard to get back on track or even have much focus at all.

So I lowered my weekly goal.  Not ideal, but feasible.  Slow and steady wins the race.  It's going to take longer than I had planned which is better for my skin (no one wants loose skin!) anyway.

It really concerns me that I lost this weight twice before, and that I paid no mind as it crept back on again.  What the Hell was I thinking?  I guess I didn't realize the importance of keeping it off, and then when I quit drinking, I gained 25 more.

Maybe by going more slowly, I'll really develop new habits so that the weight doesn't just come back.  And I will be paying attention to that.  It's one thing to be cute and curvy at 30, but it's another thing entirely to carry extra pounds when you're older with stiffer ligaments, no collagen, and no youth on your side!  I had a client for whom it was almost impossible to get around, just because of age-old obesity.  Ugh oh my gosh I don't want to end up like that!  Has a lush, lush mature lot that she pays someone to maintain, with incredible plants, shrubs and trees, but she cannot even get up to enjoy seeing it.  All her strength is required just to loo and have a couple meals in the kitchen.  Wanted to smack her when she packed a big baggie full of cookies to take back to bed.  God help us all.  But, the endorphins from the food probably make her feel better.  I don't want to be like that.  Bed exercises can make us feel better too.  Nothing wrong with fruit or nicely prepared dairy or vegetables.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on September 20, 2019, 03:50:35 PM
better for my skin

Take phytoceramides.

Or, you could just stop being vain. You know, whichever.

Quote from: Jojo on September 20, 2019, 03:50:35 PM
It's going to take longer than I had planned which is better for my skin (no one wants loose skin!) anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

It's really as simple as not eating, you have plenty of food already on your body. It's a lot easier than people think. Dry fasting is fantastic, more challenging than normal fasting. Yoshinori Ohsumi recently won a Nobel for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy, and its vast healing potential.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on September 27, 2019, 11:00:35 AM

Take phytoceramides.

Or, you could just stop being vain. You know, whichever.
Thanks, I didn't know.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/the-anti-aging-diet-9-foods-that-fight-wrinkles
Phytoceramides
“As we age, the epidermis (the skin’s outer layer) thins and weakens, making it susceptible to dehydration and wrinkling,” Simpson said. ceramides found in wheat germ, brown rice, spinach and beets, can help to protect the skin’s outer layer.

Jojo

Quote from: malachi.martini on September 27, 2019, 12:12:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg

It's really as simple as not eating, you have plenty of food already on your body. It's a lot easier than people think. Dry fasting is fantastic, more challenging than normal fasting. Yoshinori Ohsumi recently won a Nobel for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy, and its vast healing potential.
I used to fast one a month and periodically, until an injury left me a hypoglycemic.  Just to lose the smallest amount of weight, I have to take myself to the brink of a medical emergency half the time.  During the last 12 weeks dieting for weight loss, I've had 3 hypoglycemic crises.  But didn't have to call EMTs.  It's awful.  I can't do it when I'm working.  But anyhow, it must be done.  I've noticed 1/8tsp food grade diatomaceous earth helps between meals.   Anyhow, fasting is very good for those who can.  It cleans out everything.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackrabbit on November 25, 2019, 05:00:10 PM
Have you tried ashwagandha?

Look, THIS WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION. And now, just look what you've done to this rock 'n' roll clown. How hard could it have been to maintain your street cred? Well, pretty freakin' hard, I guess. Sigh.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackrabbit on June 22, 2020, 09:50:45 AM
Look, THIS WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION. And now, just look what you've done to this rock 'n' roll clown. How hard could it have been to maintain your street cred? Well, pretty freakin' hard, I guess. Sigh.
No, I haven't tried awashaganda.  I don't know what it is or what format to take (liquid?).  I'm more into ivermectin and permethrin right now.
I just haven't been here.  I was living with domestic violence, had to go to court a million times.  I moved, got a horrible flu, then we didn't have water for 4 days, couldn't find toilet paper for months, then caught scabies with no close contact or fabric sharing, then my cat had to be euthanized.  Since I moved in late January, I've either had the flu or scabies, with just a few weeks inbetween.  I'm working FT.  It's just been awful.

I lost 5lbs from the stress of scabies but after ivermectin provided some relief, the weight came back.  I'm working on reducing portions & remember to stop eating when full.  My hormone disorder might always create obesity but I still need to do what I can do.  I've been on the exercise bike a lot lately, and it increases my appetite.

Jojo

Just trying to get better.  Dosed with ivermectin one day, then 7 days later, then on the 8th and 14th day too.  Did full body permethrin once.  Did 4 other incomplete permethrins by mistake earlier (wasn't told to do the face but that's where burrows are, and didn't know how to do my back but figured it out the last time).  Laundering everything including bedding daily, Lysol everything including the car-workstation-floors-seat, showering 13X/week, bleach baths, vacuuming 6 days/week...  living Hell, itching almost daily from 5 or 7PM until 3AM, with plenty of daytime itching too.  Cortisone pills caused GERD in the middle of sleep, antihistamine cause arrhythmias for days... basically can't take much for comfort.

After ivermectin, a day or two later, I get relief for a few days.  This last round I took on a Monday, and relief came for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday.

I'm so sad my kitty had to be euthanized right before this.  But as it turns out, it was the best timing possible because I would not have been able to care for her, yet would have been emotionally unable to surrender her after 17 years.  It would have been a living hell for both of us.  I've barely been able to take care of myself & work FT since early April.

It was really nice to lose a few pounds under the stress of itching.  But darn it, the pounds came back under the stress of self-comfort later.  It's nice the exercise bike is wipable, but haven't seen as much of it as I should.  Too much time cleaning.

I'm schedule to move soon.  Another stress.

I think I got this from my hands touching my boss' hands, at my old job, where he looked like he had leprosy.  But I needed the job so bad I took it anyway, figuring we wouldn't be close.  We were not close.  But I got his sick disease anyway.

In trying home remedies, not long after a permithrin dose, I burned my torso badly, chemically.  Not sure what reacted, but had been using 20% oil of lemon, neem oil, etc...  Anyhow, one day at the urgent clinic, I asked if PRID would comfort my burns.  The PA said sure.  But a few hours after I dotted it on bad spots, it seared me.

From 6PM one day until 7AM the next day, I was on fire.  I put cold, wet towels on & just sat in a chair for 13 hours, not wanting to ooze on the bed.  In the 11th hour, blood started dripping out from my skin.  It was hell.  I try not to think about it.  After an entire roll of paper towels for mucous & blood, the burning faded enough where I thought I might be able to sleep so I just fell into bed.  I couldn't work for 3 days, and later missed a few more.  I looked like a lobster for weeks.  I still have very red spots on my skin & I can smell burnt skin.  Shedding has been embarassing.

As for the scabies, the burn did not kill them.  They survived it.  Urgent care won't prescribe anymore & both they & my doctor said I need to see a dermatologist.  The dermatologist my insurance accepts couldn't book me until October.  However, that was recently fixed after weeks of communication problems between my doctor & the clinic.  So hopefully I'll have a tissue sample completed soon, & the appropriate prescription.

Healthcare perpetuates ivermectin resistence in scabies when emergency rooms, doctors, urgent care, and Quest labs have no microscope for diagnosing scabies.  So, provides prescribe a little of this and a little of that, and the scabies then gains strength & resistance to ivermectin & even permethrin.  It's ridiculous for a parasite this life-wrecking and common, to require a referral to dermatology.  Any provider should be able to look under a microscope & make the diagnosis. 

Healthcare also spreads scabies by not being prepared to make a real diagnosis.  Without a real diagnosis, I have not been quarantined at all and may have infected the lady I carpool with.  I told every provider I acquired this with no sexual contact, no shared bedding nor clothing.  That means it is highly contagious and should be eradicated immediately.  I need the appropriate strength prescriptions.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on June 28, 2020, 08:48:12 PM
it is highly contagious and should be eradicated immediately

Grapeseed oil, diatomaceous earth, and something for flavor seems to work well for just about everyone. Perhaps you're an outlier? I've been told you should get the shingles vaccine. I don't endorse this advice.

Ashwagandha has nothing to do with this issue. Seek psychiatric help. Thoughts and prayers.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackrabbit on June 28, 2020, 09:06:27 PM
Grapeseed oil, diatomaceous earth, and something for flavor seems to work well for just about everyone. Perhaps you're an outlier? I've been told you should get the shingles vaccine. I don't endorse this advice.

Ashwagandha has nothing to do with this issue. Seek psychiatric help. Thoughts and prayers.
Ashwagandha is sweet cherry/indian ginseng & grows in India, Africa & the Middle East.  It can help regulate blood sugar & build muscle mass.  Thanks for mentioning it.

I did ask for a sedative.  They prescribed one but I've been too timid to take it.

I've been eating grapeseed oil & food grade DE, as well as putting it all over skin (mixed with Vaseline so I don't have to shake it, bec the DE settles).  Yes, that's been a big help.  Thanks.

This has nothing to do with shingles!  I only had one pock when I had chicken pox, so...

You are a caring person, JS.  People should recognize that.

I moved to a different county where the covid climate is moderate, some people overreacting, no one too radical, lots of resisters.  The contrived, paid riots didn't affect suburbia, except stores closed early.

I do miss Seattle.  More than I thought I would.  I miss the constant smell of the ocean.  The views of Mt. Rainier.  Knowing Snohomish County is just a few miles away.

How is the covid climate there?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on June 28, 2020, 09:41:49 PM
You are a caring person, JS.  People should recognize that. [...] How is the covid climate there?

I keep telling everyone that it's a hoax and I haven't been thrown into a FEMA camp, so I would say the climate is... temperate.

Quote from: Jojo on June 28, 2020, 09:41:49 PM
I've been eating grapeseed oil & food grade DE

Eating it? What, for the interior lice? This is why I'm not your handler.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 28, 2020, 08:37:11 PM
Try losing five months.
I did.  Scabies stole 5 months of my life.  It got worse before it got better.  I'm still dealing with residual itching on one arm.  Medical profession doesn't handle it correctly, and pandemic didn't help.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2020, 06:57:01 PM
I did.  Scabies stole 5 months of my life.  It got worse before it got better.  I'm still dealing with residual itching on one arm.  Medical profession doesn't handle it correctly, and pandemic didn't help.

There's a pandemic of scabies going on??  :o

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 28, 2020, 09:06:27 PM

I was on diatomaceous earth.  I put it on my bed, was surprised it stained white sheets brown.  Thanks for the reminder about grapeseed oil, and I did follow your recommendation.  Might as well have gotten a plastic bed.  What fixed that problem was all of the below but mostly 4 bed rotation and Ivermectin.  I had to manipulate 3 providers and was about to go to a 4th, to get adequate Ivermectin.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 29, 2020, 07:02:02 PM
There's a pandemic of scabies going on??  :o

Yeah, in myke’s underwear. ;)

#MexicanMaleProstitute

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 29, 2020, 07:34:28 PM
I keep telling everyone that it's a hoax and I haven't been thrown into a FEMA camp, so I would say the climate is... temperate.

Eating it? What, for the interior lice? This is why I'm not your handler.
I applied it topically following your advice.  But what I meant was both DE and grapeseed oil also help internally.  DE regulates blood sugar so I can fast between meals 5, 6, and 7 hours instead of having to take glucose or call 911 if I don't eat every 3 hours.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 29, 2020, 07:04:16 PM
Yeah, in myke’s underwear. ;)

#MexicanMaleProstitute

Yeah, that's something a black senior citizen would come up with. That line dropped dead faster then Herman Cain.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Corona Kitty on November 29, 2020, 07:06:51 PM
Yeah, that's something a black senior citizen would come up with. That line dropped dead faster then Herman Cain.

#TriggeredMexicanMaleProstitute

Ciardelo

Quote from: Corona Kitty on November 29, 2020, 07:06:51 PM

Aw, too soon mang, too soon.  :(