Cycling
Mountain Biking
Ancient archaeology and alternative history
The sex lives of cannibals
Getting stoned with savages
Diagnosing NowhereInTime's mental illness
Calvin and Hobbes

Quote from: whoozit on November 17, 2016, 04:48:27 PM
Yup.  I live near Concord but may be moving to Virginia next spring/summer.

How do you feel about Libertarians invading your state?

There may be some who are probably tired of Falkie, but what about an MV Board?

What he'd blow up if he were a terrorist.  People's mouth's he'd like to shit in this week.  You know, back when MV was MV.

whoozit

Quote from: HLF on November 17, 2016, 08:40:03 PM
How do you feel about Libertarians invading your state?
I remember reading about that.  It hasn't made much of a difference.  The influx of Massholes has.

whoozit

Apologies to the Broads.  I didn't mean to get so off topic in your thread.  Looking forward to the show.

Zenman

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 17, 2016, 08:48:23 AM
"In America more people have podcasts than indoor plumbing" - Sredni Vashtar quoting some comedian.

And true to form, Chine and I will be shooting the shit on a live show this Friday night, 9pm eastern time. Big Red aka Sexual Napalm aka Curtis will be producing the show and MV has graciously said he will post the podcast on his ufoship site.

We will take a call or two, if the spirit moves anyone to call in. See you then.

:D

akwilly

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 17, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
Well, let's see.

Cycling
Mountain Biking
Ancient archaeology and alternative history
The sex lives of cannibals
Getting stoned with savages
Diagnosing NowhereInTime's mental illness
Calvin and Hobbes
The rise of the NLL (Naked Leapfrog League)

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 09:45:50 AM
Cavity wall insulation;
Ideally, you will bring in a contractor to do spray foam.  However, with a "bad" contractor it will not set and will be a toxic mess.  Also, you will need to take out a second mortgage to afford this option.  You can also have cellulose blown in to existing cavities.  However, it can settle, and if not done properly will not be uniform.

I recommend removing the interior wall to the studs.  A quick, thin layer of spray foam can be put in first, if desired (great moisture barrier and seal for the building envelope.)  Regardless of your choice to use or not use spray foam in each cavity, rockwool is the way to go as opposed to fiberglass.  Slightly better R value and far better sound insulation.)  Cut it to size, don't "pack" it in- it just needs to be snug.  Put a vapour barrier in (check for the suitability if you have already used spray foam as a double barrier is not desirable.)  Be very careful with this step to seal EVERY cut and puncture and outlet.  Put the gypsum in and finish as new construction.

A nice weekend project.

Quote from: whoozit on November 17, 2016, 08:53:38 PM
Apologies to the Broads.  I didn't mean to get so off topic in your thread.  Looking forward to the show.
Not me... I'm right on topic.  8)

heater

Quote from: WOTR on November 18, 2016, 02:12:14 AM
Ideally, you will bring in a contractor to do spray foam.  However, with a "bad" contractor it will not set and will be a toxic mess.  Also, you will need to take out a second mortgage to afford this option.  You can also have cellulose blown in to existing cavities.  However, it can settle, and if not done properly will not be uniform.

I recommend removing the interior wall to the studs.  A quick, thin layer of spray foam can be put in first, if desired (great moisture barrier and seal for the building envelope.)  Regardless of your choice to use or not use spray foam in each cavity, rockwool is the way to go as opposed to fiberglass.  Slightly better R value and far better sound insulation.)  Cut it to size, don't "pack" it in- it just needs to be snug.  Put a vapour barrier in (check for the suitability if you have already used spray foam as a double barrier is not desirable.)  Be very careful with this step to seal EVERY cut and puncture and outlet.  Put the gypsum in and finish as new construction.

A nice weekend project.
Not me... I'm right on topic.  8)

committee members of the Michael Vandeven Fan Club (plus Justin), I hearby nominate this post as one of the best to ever be written.  It hits 4 important criteria:

1: informative and knowledgeable
2: actionable
3: both on and off topic at the same time
4: meta

I move to have a special Broad Cast in December to announce the winners in the 2016 Best of the Worst of Bellgab.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Red on November 18, 2016, 08:49:16 AM
committee members of the Michael Vandeven Fan Club (plus Justin), I hearby nominate this post as one of the best to ever be written.  It hits 4 important criteria:

1: informative and knowledgeable
2: actionable
3: both on and off topic at the same time
4: meta

I move to have a special Broad Cast in December to announce the winners in the 2016 Best of the Worst of Bellgab.

5: WOTR, shows remarkable knowledge of cavity wall insulation considering he's a world famous concert pianist and an authority on rearing cockatiels.

starrmtn001

Quote from: whoozit on November 17, 2016, 02:00:09 PM
I'd call in but I am flying a blimp at a hockey game tomorrow night. :(

That, has GOT to be the BEST excuse I've ever heard! ;) ;D

whoozit

Quote from: StarrMountain on November 18, 2016, 10:02:32 AM
That, has GOT to be the BEST excuse I've ever heard! ;)
This is a video two of the other pilots made.  I am not in the video. One of the guys does aerial photography so he made the video.  https://youtu.be/duJdxJvOzkI

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 17, 2016, 01:43:59 PM
Will there be a buffet lunch for the audience, and prizes for the callers?
Yes, to be catered by Vandeven Enterprises-Catering Division. I hear they make a mean mac 'n cheese.

SredniVashtar

I'd like to lodge a formal protest. The GabCast should be like the better sort of golf club - in other words, the bare minimum of 'skirt' cluttering up the place. We allow them to do the catering, and simper inanely at our displays of wit, but otherwise it's just an embarrassment for man and beast.

SredniVashtar

Suggested alternative title for this epoch-making abortion: "The Hoe-Down".

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2016, 11:07:17 AM
The GabCast should be like the better sort of golf club -

Don't get too dewey about "the better sort of golfclub", they wouldn't let you in anyway.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2016, 11:09:53 AM
Suggested alternative title for this epoch-making abortion: "The Hoe-Down".

Or "On the Low" if you ever host.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 18, 2016, 11:19:58 AM
Don't get too dewey about "the better sort of golfclub", they wouldn't let you in anyway.

Au cuntraire! As Goldfinger said, "I own the club". We also share a penchant for hiring homicidal Korean servants, so shut your whore mouth if you don't want a bowler hat where you least expect it.

SredniVashtar

If any of you are misguided enough to approach this thing with an open mind, I need only point the jury's attention the all-female Ghostbusters. Cruel and unusual punishment by anyone's standards, but I expect it to be like the Sistine Chapel compared to this projected cacophony of bollocks. This whole thing makes me very upset indeed. And there we were thinking Falkie represented a low water mark for ineptitude.

theONE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2016, 11:22:29 AM
Au cuntraire! As Goldfinger said, "I own the club". We also share a penchant for hiring homicidal Korean servants, so shut your whore mouth if you don't want a bowler hat where you least expect it.

hey pissy boy talking about whores, isn't your country UK a willing whore for islamic terrorist who are taking over your
pussy nation raping your women having children with them, depriving you from walking freely outside your homes and yet you have
no self respect to stand up to them making UK greatest whore of the whole free World, ...hahaha ha ha ha

Pathetic fool you is, SV...

heater

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2016, 11:28:09 AM
And there we were thinking Falkie represented a low water mark for ineptitude.

Please do not bring Falkie down to this level. There are still people who respect him on this board, such as Dave, Justin, and others.

theONE

Reason SV (Slimy Vagina) is bringing Falkie up because SV is getting fatter every day so SV is feeling comradery with the big fat Falkie ,lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2016, 11:07:17 AM
I'd like to lodge a formal protest. The GabCast should be like the better sort of golf club - in other words, the bare minimum of 'skirt' cluttering up the place. We allow them to do the catering, and simper inanely at our displays of wit, but otherwise it's just an embarrassment for man and beast.

What are the odds that she can remember how to get skype working?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Red on November 18, 2016, 11:57:44 AM
Please do not bring Falkie down to this level. There are still people who respect him on this board, such as Dave, Justin, and others.

Sorry to be pedantic, but its; (plus Justin)..okay?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 18, 2016, 12:25:58 PM

She wrote down the instructions with red lippy on her full length mirror. Or so I'm told.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 18, 2016, 12:25:58 PM
Don't think I haven't worried about that. Not so much Skype but my headset that sometimes sounds good and sometimes sounds like I am calling in from a bathroom stall.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 18, 2016, 12:33:16 PM
Don't think I haven't worried about that. Not so much Skype but my headset that sometimes sounds good and sometimes sounds like I am calling in from a bathroom stall.

With concomitant sound effects?