• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Final Torrent

Started by williedee, October 27, 2013, 12:04:08 AM

wr250

torrent is now on demonoid

TheSheriff

Can't thank all involved enough, epic art bell collection that I doubt will ever be surpassed...

Hopefully we'll be able to add to it once Art gets his ass in gear and starts a new show (if he starts a new show).

RcCle

7/30/98 - "Single Seven" mentions the art bell archive!!!  He claims to be an "ag-tech" from the future...  (Cue Twilight Zone music)

bigchucka

Quote from: wr250 on April 30, 2014, 09:00:00 AM
torrent is now on demonoid

Thanks for whoever got that done.  They were a huge help back in the day with finding archives of Art. 

b226543

hey guys, i'm new here. the torrent is amazing.

does anyone know which clip hoagland first raved about the old navy conspiracy? in a couple of the clips art jokingly refers to it, but does anyone know the date of the first time hoagland introduced it? is it in the torrent?

can anyone suggest some good clips in the list? the gary north y2k clip is hilarious. the attitude he gives art and the callers is priceless. totally bonkers. haha.

bigchucka

Quote from: b226543 on May 05, 2014, 02:36:52 AM
can anyone suggest some good clips in the list? the gary north y2k clip is hilarious. the attitude he gives art and the callers is priceless. totally bonkers. haha.

That's gonna all depend on what your interest are.  Art's covered so much of a variety of topics that everyone is not to find a home run all the time.

I've been listening to it in order while I work. Art's earliest shows were pretty awesome. Love all the regular callers, Fritz, Doc Democrat and (someone?) the Liberal. Never noticed those guys when I was listening back in the day. Also, I don't remember Art ever calling the show "Coast to Coast AM/PM" but there it is!

phrodo

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 05, 2014, 07:17:20 PM
I've been listening to it in order while I work. Art's earliest shows were pretty awesome. Love all the regular callers, Fritz, Doc Democrat and (someone?) the Liberal. Never noticed those guys when I was listening back in the day. Also, I don't remember Art ever calling the show "Coast to Coast AM/PM" but there it is!

I have my suspicions about Doc Democrat ... he sure sounds an awful lot like JC -- same tonal qualities to his voice and similar speech patterns, just not quite as utterly whacko yet as when he evolved *I think* into JC.

Quote from: phrodo on May 06, 2014, 12:45:45 AM
I have my suspicions about Doc Democrat ... he sure sounds an awful lot like JC -- same tonal qualities to his voice and similar speech patterns, just not quite as utterly whacko yet as when he evolved *I think* into JC.

Oh, interesting. I'll have to listen for that next time I hear one of his calls.

There's a neat atmosphere to the old shows that I really like. It's interesting to hear when it wasn't yet a huge corporate controlled beast, and had much more of a local flair to it. The regular callers add to this. I've never really noticed before because I haven't listened to them in any order, so starting from the beginning of the torrent and moving through it is quite interesting.

All of those early shows can be pretty evenly compared with the Dark Matter shows of last year, with the regulars the show was beginning to attract (yes, I'm looking at you, Jaz - the Fritz of the new millennium).

Lunger

FYI:
The shows dated 1995-02-19 and 1995-02-26 are the same shows.  LMH and Peter Davenport

WOTR

I have wandered in and out of this thread for some time now and always figured that the project was more of a pipe dream... that it would eventually fizzle out and die.  Now it is streaming to my hard drive (I really have to remember to back it up when it is done...)

THANKS to everybody for the work and time involved.  I do not have my torrent program running all the time... but when I do I will add this to "Columbo" as programs that are allowed to upload for a few days at a time as fast as my crappy Canadian ISP will allow...

williedee

Quote from: wotr1 on May 07, 2014, 03:25:43 AM
I have wandered in and out of this thread for some time now and always figured that the project was more of a pipe dream... that it would eventually fizzle out and die.  Now it is streaming to my hard drive (I really have to remember to back it up when it is done...)

THANKS to everybody for the work and time involved.  I do not have my torrent program running all the time... but when I do I will add this to "Columbo" as programs that are allowed to upload for a few days at a time as fast as my crappy Canadian ISP will allow...

Im glad you were able to download it :)

Thanks for the kind words people, its good to hear that you're enjoying it.

Cynnie

How do I listen to classic art?

onan

Quote from: Cynnie on May 07, 2014, 07:52:31 PM
How do I listen to classic art?

do you know how to use a torrent program?

Jackstar

Quote from: onan on May 07, 2014, 09:26:39 PM

Hey, that's kind of rude. She obviously knows how to upload her selfie as her avatar, why imply... oh, nevermind.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: williedee on May 07, 2014, 07:43:42 PM
Im glad you were able to download it :)

Thanks for the kind words people, its good to hear that you're enjoying it.

Thanks too... I downloaded it all in 27 hours. Plan on listening to the shows in my 1-1/2 hours daily work commute.

Cynnie

Quote from: onan on May 07, 2014, 09:26:39 PM
I probably can't but I'm pretty sure my son can ..oh you bellgabbers and ya'lls fancy ways

Cynnie

Quote from: Jackstar on May 07, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
Hey, that's kind of rude. She obviously knows how to upload her selfie as her avatar, why imply... oh, nevermind.

Hey this is my great grammas picture  ! She could have broken you over her knee ..we are a fierce clan of women

Jackstar

Quote from: Cynnie on May 08, 2014, 02:22:37 AM
She could have broken you over her knee

She still can. Rawr.

Luna

I am soooo excited for this! I downloaded a few episodes and am listening to them at work. It will take me another month to be able to download them all. :)

onan

Quote from: Cynnie on May 08, 2014, 02:20:55 AM
I probably can't but I'm pretty sure my son can ..oh you bellgabbers and ya'lls fancy ways

I am not a techie. I was using a torrent program and it wouldn't recognize the file posted here. It never occurred to me to "update" my torrent program, until that was suggested here. Then, more by luck than acumen, the file started to download.

btw at 394 GB uploaded and climbing... well crawling might be a bit more accurate.

williedee

Quote from: onan on May 08, 2014, 03:35:52 AM
I am not a techie. I was using a torrent program and it wouldn't recognize the file posted here. It never occurred to me to "update" my torrent program, until that was suggested here. Then, more by luck than acumen, the file started to download.

btw at 394 GB uploaded and climbing... well crawling might be a bit more accurate.

2190 GB on one server, 1200 GB on the other lol.

Jackstar

What's the ratio on that? The total number of equivalently complete copies uploaded is a more representative value.

Mine's 2.0. Thanks again, truly!

williedee

Quote from: Jackstar on May 08, 2014, 01:18:47 PM
What's the ratio on that? The total number of equivalently complete copies uploaded is a more representative value.

Mine's 2.0. Thanks again, truly!

around 33 and 18 respectively.

Jackstar

Maybe we could have seeding parties. I like having nice things.

WhiteCrow

Thanks again Williedee and helpers, 32 gigs of mp3 files of Art shows loaded into my vehicle's in-dash radio thingie. I'm so happy and thankful that I want to buy you all a bottle of Romona Bell's Pizza Punch!

Thanks a lot for this torrent.  Listening to the Ghosts of the Air Dreamland right now.