• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: Étouffée on May 07, 2018, 12:57:05 PM
Hoagie coulda been a contender...

...with topics bouncing from the literature of H.P. Lovecraft, to the obscure and tantalizing Antikythera Mechanism, to faerie folk and naked maidens dancing with Richard (also possibly naked) in the misty upper Massachusetts’ forests primeval, circa 1971.

And back again.  Names dropping like sugar plums upon our pointy heads.

And Rossy was producing this beautiful mess, that was OSoM.

Hoagie was an idiot to let Rossy go.
That's a big 19.5 there, Étouffée.

Kolchak

https://twitter.com/ArtBellCom/status/993416048882860032

The Chase is out.

Funny how Art told Heather to make the show her own by choosing music she likes, etc. She refused. Schrader does it on his first night.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 07, 2018, 01:03:31 PM
This thread must be slowing down because I caught up.

It wasn't Heather's voice or cadence that bugged me, although it was annoying, it was when she said she didn't believe in psychics that did it. She's hosting a paranormal show needs to keep an open mind. Added was when she suddenly said she wasn't doing anymore conspiracy shows. I believe that happened while she had a guest on discussing conspiracies. Not very professional. She also said that while she didn't believe in psychics a psychic healer cured her of her headaches.

It was HW's all or nothing thinking "(All) psychics are frauds" "All conspiracies bum me out. Never again on the show" "My Above Top Secret Document is definitely real" "It me and nobody else for a guest host" and many other Love/Hate dichotomies and stubborn control freak patterns.

Demonstrates a juvenile level of development for forming a worldview. The world is seldom that black or white.

Taco Bell

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:06:00 PM
OMG he is the next Art Bell. Just look at the age difference! Too soon? ::)

And I'll be damned if that's not a patch they make foreigners wear in Minnesota internment camps. He really is carrying on the Legacy(TM)

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:04:43 PM
Hey there you need to fix those so it stops downloading everytime I refresh. Those of us at work would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!
I don't know what that was all about, PBS.  I just deleted the post to prevent the downloading.  MV's on his own! :)  Freaking PremRat.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 01:12:03 PM
Hahaha!!!  I think they do have quite a lot in common.  A lot of ex-wives, anyhow.   
Hmm, lots of paranormal ex-wives. Wonder if they are done with men?
#untappedresource
#tellmeyourghoststoriesbaby
#betterthanwade

bellNwhistle

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 01:14:41 PM
hmm...

Sounds a bit like “The Best Little Whorehouse In (or this side of) Texas”.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Étouffée on May 07, 2018, 12:57:05 PM
Hoagie coulda been a contender...

...with topics bouncing from the literature of H.P. Lovecraft, to the obscure and tantalizing Antikythera Mechanism, to faerie folk and naked maidens dancing with Richard (also possibly naked) in the misty upper Massachusetts’ forests primeval, circa 1971.

And back again.  Names dropping like sugar plums upon our pointy heads.

And Rossy was producing this beautiful mess, that was OSoM.

When Hoagland told me that story privately, I said he had to tell that on the air. Definitely a highlight.

It was a huge struggle. It was a constant battle of will people be into this? “This ain’t what I’m known for, and I’m RCH I want this to be about me” mixed with/let’s try something new and different and wild. And have people on that no one has ever heard of before but have some awesome stuff to talk about that’s in the wheel house of interests. And to his credit he was game for a lot of things that I didn’t expect him to be and once the emails started coming from listeners about how much they loved what was happening he was open to even more ideas.

He could be a lot of fun to brainstorm with tbh and a lot of the ideas I would throw out to him he would have his own unique spins on them. Some ideas though took a ton of convincing to get him to go for.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on May 07, 2018, 11:36:27 AM
When I use flamboyant, I usually reference it to an Elton John life style.

Never heard of this Phil Thomas, but I see he has that Dave Scott flamboyance hair.

https://youtu.be/eONxkZnrv6k

Phil Thomas Katt is one of the official providers of bumper music at UFOShip.com.  He's a god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ390RClPZI

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 01:13:22 PM
It was HW's all or nothing thinking "(All) psychics are frauds" "All conspiracies bum me out. Never again on the show" "My Above Top Secret Document is definitely real" "It me and nobody else for a guest host"

Demonstrates a juvenile level of development for forming a worldview. The world is seldom that black or white.
Often times people with borderline personality disorder do this. But don't take my word for it, you can start here...

People with Borderline Personality Disorder tend to view the world in terms of black-and-white, or all-or-nothing thinking. Their tendency to see the world in black-or-white (polarized) terms makes it easy for them to misinterpret the actions and motivations of others.

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/dsm-5-the-ten-personality-disorders-cluster-b/

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 07, 2018, 01:18:10 PM
I don't know what that was all about, PBS.  I just deleted the post to prevent the downloading.  MV's on his own! :)  Freaking PremRat.
We all thank you for that. Whew!  :)

timebandit

#MyLife4YouHeather
#PullOutMyHeart4YouHeather
#GougeOutMyEyes4YouHeather 
#Die4YouHeather

Lord Grantham

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 01:21:00 PM
Phil Thomas Katt is one of the official providers of bumper music at UFOShip.com.  He's a god.

When MV talks about his studio and the music he works on, this is the kind of music he's talking about.

ItsOver

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 01:02:31 PM
Yes, Dave Shrader recently got married again.
An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017
Replying to @bonsaiwarrior @DarknessRadio @WilliamShatner
Not his daughter....I'm his wife

Chuckle.  :D

Quote from: timebandit on May 07, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
#MyLife4YouHeather
#PullOutMyHeart4YouHeather
#GougeOutMyEyes4YouHeather 
#Die4YouHeather

Daniel, you kill me. Does she ever respond? I mean your heart and eyes should be worth a PM.

El Chorro

Quote from: ItsOver on May 07, 2018, 01:29:07 PM
An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017

El Chorro can never find a girl like that who'll get that close to a tie like that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: morgana213 on May 07, 2018, 12:25:12 PM
Yes, and a dreamy one at that.  Did I tell you I have all of your songs on my desktop?    ;D ;D 8)

Praise MV!!

What are you wearing?

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:24:53 PM
We all thank you for that. Whew!  :)
Sorry about that.  Next, PremRat will be downloading Dr. Wallet's diet tip of the day.  ;)  :o

Kolchak

An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017

GravitySucks

An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017

Starchild Head candidate. Need an autopsy STAT

a is jump

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 01:13:22 PM
It was HW's all or nothing thinking "(All) psychics are frauds" "All conspiracies bum me out. Never again on the show" "My Above Top Secret Document is definitely real" "It me and nobody else for a guest host" and many other Love/Hate dichotomies and stubborn control freak patterns.

I think a great example of this is when she shouted down a caller and went on a long rant because she didn't understand his point. The caller had been a regular since Art's show. He was an American ex-pat living in Switzerland who made the not-too-terribly-inflammatory statement that Americans are less engaged in civics than the Swiss are, on the whole, which is why American politics has become such a clusterfuck.

Heather somehow interpreted that to mean that he said "Americans are dumber than the Swiss," and she dumped the call and talked shit on him for a minute or two. He never called back after that night.

This was around the time of the Vegas shooting, if I recall correctly. Heather making all sorts of bizarre political statements around that time, some of which were so intellectually empty and gross that I almost dropped my subscription.

morgana213

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 01:12:01 PM
As the owner of a leading internet message board, I know what you mean.
LOL!!!

Praise MV!

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:06:00 PM
OMG he is the next Art Bell. Just look at the age difference! Too soon? ::)

Don’t be an ageist

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on May 07, 2018, 01:02:12 PM
I'm looking forward to the remix videos, with you prancing through Missouri pastures in your "come hither" best.

ItsOver

Quote from: El Chorro on May 07, 2018, 01:31:12 PM
El Chorro can never find a girl like that who'll get that close to a tie like that.
Have you tried a pirate hat? 

It goes well with "The Puffy Shirt" option.

bellNwhistle

An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017

He sort of reminds me of Walter Skinner

Corona Kitty

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 01:21:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ390RClPZI

He's definitely top talent.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: a is jump on May 07, 2018, 01:33:24 PM
I think a great example of this is when she shouted down a caller and went on a long rant because she didn't understand his point. The caller had been a regular since Art's show. He was an American ex-pat living in Switzerland who made the not-too-terribly-inflammatory statement that Americans are less engaged in civics than the Swiss are, on the whole, which is why American politics has become such a clusterfuck.

Heather somehow interpreted that to mean that he said "Americans are dumber than the Swiss," and she dumped the call and talked shit on him for a minute or two. He never called back after that night.

This was around the time of the Vegas shooting, if I recall correctly. Heather making all sorts of bizarre political statements around that time, some of which were so intellectually empty and gross that I almost dropped my subscription.
Wow.   :-X

Dr. MD MD

An attractive lady.

Winnie Schrader
@Winnie_Schrader
20 Nov 2017

Ew! Gross! :o