Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 02:55:06 AM
He might not have announced his upcoming guests but I'm quite sure most were scheduled long before the day of the show. That would be chaos.

You could be right, but I don't think so. I think Art was so popular with guests that he could call them up and ask them if they had time to be on that night, and I would guess they mostly would make time to be on with Art about current events.  If he had called somebody to be on yesterday or today about the volcano in Hawaii, he could find one of his long list of expert friends to be on to discuss it.  I don't believe that in the early days, that most of his guests were scheduled far ahead of time.  Sure, I could be wrong, but it always seemed like Art found someone to be on tonight, to talk about what was on peoples minds today.  I'm sure Ramona did most of the phone work, but I think she and Art tried to have guests on relevant to the interest of the day.  I can remember always wondering what everybody was going to say about what was going on today on CoastToCoast.  Of course, no, it's not like that anymore.

But you're right, you cant expect a bigfoot guest scheduled two weeks ago, to talk about volcanos in Hawaii today.  But that's EXACTLY why Arts "Legacy" Shows of today, and Arts later shows, are not having the success that Art had in his C2C days.  IMO.

Lilith

I don't at all blame the new "Legacy" hosts for this.  It is a byproduct of being part of a NETWORK that controls everything you do.  And the Network is controlled by advertisers.

Maybe someday, a host like Art will come along that doesn't need any network, doesn't need any YouTube.  Probably not in my lifetime tho.

Spookcat

Well if Kingdom of Nye #2 schedules a Hawaiian volcanologist soon, we'll know she took ideas inspiration from you, brig. :)

Lilith

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 04:21:22 AM
Well if Kingdom of Nye #2 schedules a Hawaiian volcanologist soon, we'll know she took ideas inspiration from you, brig. :)

Now THAT would be funny  ;D

Wait:

Edited to add:

Hi Heather  :)

Spookcat

Here's a question. Is LNM only paranoia paranormal-based? I saw where one of you said she's getting tired of paranormal shows. I didn't know if she'd still be on their network if she completely changed format.

Lilith

Ok, anyway, so now I'm listening to Dave.

Lilith

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 04:28:04 AM
Here's a question. Is LNM only paranoia paranormal-based? I saw where one of you said she's getting tired of paranormal shows. I didn't know if she'd still be on their network if she completely changed format.

No, imitation small letters mv, although mostly focused on paranormal, covers all kinds of topics on Late Night in the Midlands.

Spookcat

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 04:30:11 AM
No, imitation small letters mv, although mostly focused on paranormal, covers all kinds of topics on Late Night in the Midlands.

I tried listening to Varas show once, but got a headache from his incoherent screaming. Lately I've been listening to older episode of More Questions Than Answers after Dave.

Lilith

Quote from: spookcat on June 19, 2018, 04:36:41 AM
I tried listening to Varas show once, but got a headache from his incoherent screaming. Lately I've been listening to older episode of More Questions Than Answers after Dave.

Are those the two British guys?  Kind of humorous?  I've heard them on TFR network.  Honestly, nothing has caught my interest as a "go to daily show" since Art "sold out".  I had hopes for John B Wells, and was a member there for a year or two, but he turned out to not be somebody I want to listen to every day either.  I catch one of his YouTubes occassionally, if I see one that interests me.  I also listen to Clyde sometimes.

I still have hope for Heather.  It depends on how much she really wants to make it a success.  On the other hand, she might be happy to be a little midnight get together for cat ladies, and lonely old men.  Only time will tell.

Spookcat

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 04:41:28 AM
Are those the two British guys?  Kind of humorous?  I've heard them on TFR network.  Honestly, nothing has caught my interest as a "go to daily show" since Art "sold out".  I had hopes for John B Wells, and was a member there for a year or two, but he turned out to not be somebody I want to listen to every day either.  I catch one of his YouTubes occassionally, if I see one that interests me.  I also listen to Clyde sometimes.

I still have hope for Heather.  It depends on how much she really wants to make it a success.  On the other hand, she might be happy to be a little midnight get together for cat ladies, and lonely old men.  Only time will tell.

It's a British guy and two women mostly. Kind of a paranormal version of NPRs "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me". I first heard it right before Daves show on Friday on DM. I tried with Heather, but I'm very disappointed. At this point my opinion is she lives for devotion and drama. I find her whole "be kind to others" empty as she doesn't seem to follow her own mantra. If she really wanted to spread the blindness message, she wouldn't allow her followers to belittle anyone, like those people who complained about being thrown out of chat rooms.

Taco Bell

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 01:19:22 AM
Did this caller Colby just say "I was trying to talk to the weather"?    I get where she's coming from tho if she is saying she notices a lot of geological events around the planet currently.

Just so you all know, she does not in any way represent the people of Wisconsin.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 04:41:28 AM

Lordy, she had the guest commiserating with her before we even go to the guidestones. I thought it might be another weep-fest.

:'(

But she recovered to put in a half decent program. :-\

I thought she swore off conspiracy theory guests because they bummed her out

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 19, 2018, 08:09:56 AM
Lordy, she had the guest commiserating with her before we even go to the guidestones. I thought it might be another weep-fest.

:'(

But she recovered to put in a half decent program. :-\

Yup, I also thought the first half hour sucked.

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 09:06:11 AM
So you liked the other 3 of clueless rambling?

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 19, 2018, 08:01:29 AM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1009073349501349892
Oh, tell me it's Ross Mitchell...

That would be a total coup and a pricey little nugget to sell to Heather (in cash, no trade for phone sex work).  Since Bart is the original, he can (ultimately) have his way with her...

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on June 19, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

Yep, and after that not too bad, nice in and out of breaks, decent flow of conversation, lagged a bit at the last hour though.

Dave is right - 3 hours is a better length show.

Sean92008

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on June 19, 2018, 08:58:21 AM
I thought she swore off conspiracy theory guests because they bummed her out
Well, since Art's death may be more than simple COPD, I am thinking that maybe a conspiracy theory about her may become reality...

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 09:17:30 AM
Well, since Art's death may be more than simple COPD, I am thinking that maybe a conspiracy theory about her may become reality...

Ghost

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 09:12:08 AM

That would be a total coup and a pricey little nugget to sell to Heather (in cash, no trade for phone sex work).  Since Bart is the original, he can (ultimately) have his way with her...

Yes! Yes! Bart Ell, Please get Ross! The brass ring!

Sean92008

Quote from: Ghost on June 19, 2018, 10:07:02 AM
Yes! Yes! Bart Ell, Please get Ross! The brass cock ring!
Enhanced it for you...

Ghost

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 11:06:07 AM
Enhanced it for you...

Perfect! Thanks for the enhancement!  8)

Bart Ell

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 19, 2018, 09:12:08 AM

No, not Ross but you never know what the future holds.
I offered Dave 6 Bartcoins to cut a few but he wanted 12 Bartcoins so I told him to pound sand!

I am open to George Noory lending his voice to KONR, though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 19, 2018, 12:09:36 PM
No, not Ross but you never know what the future holds.
I offered Dave 6 Bartcoins to cut a few but he wanted 12 Bartcoins so I told him to pound sand!

I am open to George Noory lending his voice to KONR, though.

Ms Winnie would be a good get.

La$ha is looking for extra income.

Bart Ell

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 19, 2018, 12:14:57 PM
Ms Winnie would be a good get.

When my husband is busy talking woowoo I am listening to KONR!
Brilliant!

Listening to Heater, she projects the attitude that she's something special in the radio world.  Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. 

Then there's misplaced arrogance.  It's an odd feeling listening to someone with complete lack of actual talent projecting the attitude she does.  There's something falkie-esque about it,  It tends to generate posts like the ones we see here and on his thread.

Spookcat

Quote from: Bluejay on June 19, 2018, 09:21:49 AM

I just woke up after four hours of sleep and honestly thought that said "I think everyone enjoys a nice muffin."

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 19, 2018, 12:19:49 PM
Listening to Heater, she projects the attitude that she's something special in the radio world.  Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another. 

Then there's misplaced arrogance.  It's an odd feeling listening to someone with complete lack of actual talent projecting the attitude she does.  There's something falkie-esque about it,  It tends to generate posts like the ones we see here and on his thread.

That's a perceptive call, she really does overcompensate with the "cool girl" act.