• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Caravan to Midnight

Started by Original Larry, September 28, 2015, 11:36:00 AM

Quote from: Echo on December 18, 2015, 01:05:51 AM
I'm not a subscriber to CTM, i can only listen to the few episodes on youtube.
You can download individual episodes from the website for $2.99
caravantomidnight.com

Kitty

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 19, 2015, 02:56:36 PM
I listened to the show (maybe there's been more than one) with RCH.
It just doesn't have the energy that he was able to have on C2C.
One of the more memorable shows from JBW's stint at C2C was when he interviewed Robert Plumlee about his involvement in the Iranâ€"Contra affair.

It was the Christian preachy stuff that put me off of him in general though.

~ Agreed.

Kitty

Quote from: Echo on December 15, 2015, 09:50:49 PM
I would listen to John B Wells over listening to Heather do another TIMEHICK interview.

The thing is, JB is almost entirely political- and Right wing politics at that (thinly disguised as open minded, for certain guests)... with rants that betray his real believes at the start of his show. He does shows on nutrition and religion as well. He disdains and voices it often- his dislike of "WOO WOO" shows, so I doubt those liking what is on DMDN (Heather)  would find JB a replacement. An addition perhaps but the shows are entirely different. JB does subdued Alex Jones type "discourse".

I would hardly compare JB to AJ. You are correct, he doesn't like "woo woo", but he sure does it sometimes, he had Andrew Bassagio on, and he was one of the more down to earth guests. hehe
He does have too many preachers and financial guys on , but he mixes in paranormal, politics and
esoteric subjects, as well as many other interesting subjects. He doesn't do "shadow people", or Bigfoot. Personally, I like it a lot better than DMRN, but maybe that's just me.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Original Larry on December 26, 2015, 02:44:19 PM
I would hardly compare JB to AJ. You are correct, he doesn't like "woo woo", but he sure does it sometimes, he had Andrew Bassagio on, and he was one of the more down to earth guests. hehe
He does have too many preachers and financial guys on , but he mixes in paranormal, politics and
esoteric subjects, as well as many other interesting subjects. He doesn't do "shadow people", or Bigfoot. Personally, I like it a lot better than DMRN, but maybe that's just me.

Jb wells dislikes Alex Jones

Quote from: username on December 26, 2015, 03:19:52 PM
Jb wells dislikes Alex Jones
He does NOW for sure, since Alex keeps grabbing his (and his guests) ideas and information, specifically on Jade Helm.
Show is on hiatus until after the 1st.  I guess I'll have to be content with EODR.
hehe.
nice program, by the way.

Jackstar, you have returned! do you still listen to CTM? I think brig has been missing you.

Jackstar

oh hi! I still find John B. Wells to be worthy of my podcast dollars, yes.

Well, I'm a little butthurt right now, JB attacked bellgab last night because of negative comments here from his Coast days, He really should get over it.
Glad you are back.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Original Larry on January 06, 2016, 12:40:28 PM
Well, I'm a little butthurt right now, JB attacked bellgab last night because of negative comments here from his Coast days, He really should get over it.
Glad you are back.

oh no..... what did he say i must have missed it and i heard the second half.

I can't remember the exact words, but he said something to the effect, that if we wanted to rip him, we should come here, because bellgabbers had ripped him a new one when he was at Coast. I thought it was petty of him. Of course he was criticized here because he is NOT ART!
I totally enjoyed your show by the way, even jumped in the chat for a second. I know you probably didn't like the morning hours, and wouldn't you know I had an appointment and had to drive like a maniac to catch it in the middle. Bummer, but I'll wait for the podcast.
thanks.

weedeater

Its quite evident that John has little patience for chat forums, but seems to spend some time perusing this one, lots of water under the bridge since those comments re C2C were made but they still have the power to piss him off. (But then he did take a week off)  I had the distinct impression that David Dees was humoring John for not really picking up on Davids' conversational points and running off in different directions.  IMO the most important segment was the 2nd hour of #425 with Matthew Bracken "Tet, Take Two: Islam’s 2016 European Offensive" given what is happening now in Germany.

Hog

The Saturdays when JBW was on Coast were the last days that I actually listened to Coast.  I remember one of his Saturday night shows about JFK's assassination being a good listen.  I remember he was talking about his own radio show on the air and then within one or two weeks, he got the axe.  I then stopped listening to Coast.

peace
Hog

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Original Larry on January 06, 2016, 04:09:11 PM
I can't remember the exact words, but he said something to the effect, that if we wanted to rip him, we should come here, because bellgabbers had ripped him a new one when he was at Coast. I thought it was petty of him. Of course he was criticized here because he is NOT ART!
I totally enjoyed your show by the way, even jumped in the chat for a second. I know you probably didn't like the morning hours, and wouldn't you know I had an appointment and had to drive like a maniac to catch it in the middle. Bummer, but I'll wait for the podcast.
thanks.

Now im going to have to talk to john about bellgab.  Yes I saw you jump in the chat room thanks for hanging out for a moment.  New show is already up on the 247 stream.  Fantastic show with Mr Nicholls

Jackstar

Quote from: username on January 07, 2016, 02:49:42 AM
Now im going to have to talk to john about bellgab.  Yes I saw you jump in the chat room thanks for hanging out for a moment.  New show is already up on the 247 stream.  Fantastic show with Mr Nicholls

It seems strange that Wells would rag on another forum, after he shut down his own that he reportedly never had time to read.

Hi John! You live in a bubble.

trostol

Quote from: Hog on January 06, 2016, 10:41:24 PM
The Saturdays when JBW was on Coast were the last days that I actually listened to Coast.  I remember one of his Saturday night shows about JFK's assassination being a good listen.  I remember he was talking about his own radio show on the air and then within one or two weeks, he got the axe.  I then stopped listening to Coast.

peace
Hog

that was the start of the downfall for him there..he started talking a lot about his show coming..or his site where you could get this that and what ever

albrecht

Listening to CTM with one of the Hagmanns. Fun stuff and it is interesting. At one point they were speculating about possible links between Obama's mom Stanley and his time as a youth in Indonesia, the well-documented links between the German NSDAP and radical Islam in WWII, and the more speculative theory about Hitler's escape to Indonesia (and that he might have married a Muslim,) and links to Obama's cult Subud. I don't know about this- but it is funny speculation and with the mysterious nature of this character Obama's upbringing and history- who knows? They are spot-on about the 'refugee' invasion in Europe, and here, though.

slippingaway

Just heard the JBW episode 443, where he rips on Bellgab as being a bunch of trolls, and that he ended up closing his forums and comments for fears that it would turn into a similar cesspool as Bellgab.

Fuck, I can't fault him there! Nothing would turn new users off than to be trolled without provocation.

JBW isn't afraid to broach on the topics that really, really matter.  He's doing God's work, I firmly believe this.

He clashed with Premiere, because he wasn't going to let those hot topics. If anything else that should curry some favor with the BG community.  But trolls will troll anything, there isn't a single thing I would post that I wouldn't expect some troll to dissect. 

Do I care? No.  In the parlance of Paladin, "I don't give a DAMN!"

trostol

Quote from: slippingaway on January 07, 2016, 10:19:57 PM
Just heard the JBW episode 443, where he rips on Bellgab as being a bunch of trolls, and that he ended up closing his forums and comments for fears that it would turn into a similar cesspool as Bellgab.

Fuck, I can't fault him there! Nothing would turn new users off than to be trolled without provocation.

JBW isn't afraid to broach on the topics that really, really matter.  He's doing God's work, I firmly believe this.

He clashed with Premiere, because he wasn't going to let those hot topics. If anything else that should curry some favor with the BG community.  But trolls will troll anything, there isn't a single thing I would post that I wouldn't expect some troll to dissect. 

Do I care? No.  In the parlance of Paladin, "I don't give a DAMN!"

how much of his money is he giving to this..god...my guess is 0...so no..he isnt doing gods work..he is doing his work to make himself money

Mastodonkey

I saw John B. going through the drive-thru at a local Pals the other day, woofing down chili dogs as he pulled back out onto the highway. He nearly ran over a dog

Elane237

Re Quote: how much of his money is he giving to this..god...my guess is 0...so no..he isnt doing gods work..he is doing his work to make himself money ...

JBW is a good talk show host and has a gifted voice.  However, I don't believe for one second that he's working for God ... unless his god is money.  Then I would have to concur.  But certainly not for our "Universal Creator God".

Elane237

Quote from: trostol on January 07, 2016, 04:30:38 AM
that was the start of the downfall for him there..he started talking a lot about his show coming..or his site where you could get this that and what ever

"A wise man knows when to quit"!  I listened to CTC during those last few episodes before he was axed!  I was not surprised at all that he was being let go.  Why? because what astute business man is going to let an employee come to work and solicit customers for his own new show?   He was clearly using CTC to draw listeners away from CTC to his new platform.

I would have fired him too!

And as far as him ragging on this "Bellgab" forum, well perhaps Bellgab wouldn't have as many negative comments to make had he not made a business decision to shut down his own forum.  He claims he didn't have time to read his own forum, but he has time to read this one?? Really! Really!  He has a difficult time dealing with criticism; he should "build a bridge and get over it" - then he would see that criticism is often used to help one to grow and expand into a better service/ product.  We don't come here perfect.

He clearly has not matured spiritually enough to grow and develop his business model from listening to his audience.   As much as Alex Jones gets on my last nerve, he's still a much better "business man" than JBW.  AJ learns from his mistakes and even addresses them on air.  He knows he's a loudmouth - that's why he now puts more people on air to make his case. 

Elane237

Quote from: Original Larry on January 06, 2016, 12:40:28 PM
Glad you are back.

I stopped listening to JBW and did not re-new my subscription in December.  When I look at his line-up since my subscription ended first week of December up till now, I don't see where I missed much that I couldn't get somewhere on Youtube.  Especially since he took off the whole week during X-mas / New Years.

His negative comments about every race and culture except his own convinces me that he's not a real Christian; he's simply playing with God.   I was especially disconcerted  with his negative rants about Obama and all the other politicians he hates, while worshipping that terrorist Bill Ayres and even Knighted him!

I now have more time to listen to prodessional journalists such as Democracy Now, Abby Martin's Empire Files, James Corbett, Michael Rivero; journalists who report the facts without ranting.

Eve, you are correct, you haven't missed much this year, with the possible exception of the Hagmann interview, which surprised me, as I normally can't listen to Hagmann. It was last Christmas when I subscribed to Red Ice, when I saw what was happening on CTM . I don't mind a little Bible talk, but when it gets to be almost every program, that's when I am out of there. If John would have just dealt with the offenders in the forum instead of removing it, he probably wouldn't have lost the subscribers I am sure he did. There are lots of other programs out there, just sayin'

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Elane237 on January 08, 2016, 09:24:12 AM
Re Quote: how much of his money is he giving to this..god...my guess is 0...so no..he isnt doing gods work..he is doing his work to make himself money ...

JBW is a good talk show host and has a gifted voice.  However, I don't believe for one second that he's working for God ... unless his god is money.  Then I would have to concur.  But certainly not for our "Universal Creator God".

I think we all know who's in it for the money by now.

Elane237

Quote from: Original Larry on January 08, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Eve, you are correct, you haven't missed much this year, with the possible exception of the Hagmann interview, which surprised me, as I normally can't listen to Hagmann. It was last Christmas when I subscribed to Red Ice, when I saw what was happening on CTM . I don't mind a little Bible talk, but when it gets to be almost every program, that's when I am out of there. If John would have just dealt with the offenders in the forum instead of removing it, he probably wouldn't have lost the subscribers I am sure he did. There are lots of other programs out there, just sayin'

Larry,  thanks for reminding me of Red Ice.  I had decided when you mentioned Red Ice earlier that I would sign up with them instead.  Looks like the membership is almost same price as CTM for 3 months (about $16.38) after conversion.  Also, looks like they have a user forum.  How satisfied are you with the Forum on Red Ice?  I will not pay money to any news subscriber base unless there is a "forum" for subscribers to comment.  And if it's moderated, that's all the better!