• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chefist's BlogGab: A Gossip Thread About BellGab!

Started by chefist, April 10, 2016, 04:10:11 PM

Would you go to Vegas if Falkie was attending?

Yes
No

aldousburbank

Quote from: mv on June 04, 2016, 01:54:54 PM
He hasn't really done anything to be banned from the forum. Separate issues. However, I will delete any post in which he asks people for money since I'm not interested watching George Senda defraud deball BellGab users.

Hautex

Chefest, this is todays big local news story for us and you may want to see it... Worth a drive to San Antonio as soon as my cholesterol goes down a bit....
http://www.kens5.com/life/food/the-best-burger-in-all-of-texas-is-right-here-in-san-antonio/278506047

starrmtn001

Hi Chefist.

I sure hope you reconsider bringing back your podcast.  It was short but a lot of fun. ;) ;D

whoozit

What has happened to this place?  It used to be hopping.

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on July 24, 2016, 02:58:48 PM
What has happened to this place?  It used to be hopping.

Once upon a time...BellGab threads have the lifespan of it's namesake's comebacks...

pate

Remember kids, Halloween is a'coming!

I have scene all sorts of Dale Early deals on candies next to the meat section at the super-mark'[yup]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuy2fA6alfE

Keep looking, not thyme to thaw i/out the freezer wons fume last yore!\

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 11, 2016, 07:29:02 PM
Ok  got the green light from Chefist so here it goes.

So the young fellah that sits in the cube next to me at work is coming unglued.  He's been a real piece of work from day one and he is headed for one helluva crash landing.

I work at a large firm that in recent years has had trouble attracting young talent.   The lad, let us  call him Thomas - graduated from one of the top engineering schools in the country last May.   Somehow he sweet talked the company into delaying his start date until January 2 of this year.   The official story was he wanted to relax and travel a bit before entering the corporate arena.   From what he has said and from some of the pictures he has shown me, he spent the time whoring around Thailand and Brazil.  Fair enough - if someone is willing to cut you that kind of deal, grab all the gusto you can.

So young Thomas started his gig this January and it has been quite an adventure.  We are located in Raleigh, NC so Myrtle Beach is not that far away.   Dude leaves work every Friday at 11:00AM to cruise down to Myrtle to party with the strippers or whatever else he can scarf up down there.   Thomas is pretty committed - spent a week  there "working from home" when  the colleges had spring break.   

There have been other incidents as well.   Back when the PowerBall was way up there in value he bought 200 tickets.  He just *knew* he was gonna win.   It was like dude - you can't win if you don't buy a ticket but there is no appreciable difference in the odds between holding 1 ticket and 200 with that volume of sales.   "nah man - that bitch is mine!".   Of course pffftt.   Nothing.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada.    $400 right in the shitter.

Then one day he walked in and said "Aren't you gonna congratulate me?".  I'm like "Why?".   "Got a new ride".   So went down to the lot and he had just bought a brand new Audi S5.   He already had a really nice Mustang so now a single dude in his early 20's has two cars.   Great.

He missed one Friday totally.   He came in the following Monday and told us he met a girl at the bar on Thursday night, they hit it off so they drove down to South of the Border off  of I-95 and partied up a storm.   If you live on the East Coast and deal with I-95 you have seen the South of the Border signs in all likelihood. If you don't it is hard to describe - it is pretty damn greasy -> http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com/

Recently there are a times when Thomas' eyes are as big as saucers and he has been snuffling like crazy.   Could be just spring allergies or could be blow.  I really don't know.   I do know he start tripping balls one day - they asked him to look at some shit that our Asian brothers put together.  As usual it was a damn mess - there was an option for "Old" or "Not Old" in the software.   One of the statements was something like 'if not notOld' and he just started freaking............

Our manager at work is in Europe so he doesn't see any of this shit firsthand.  He really has just started so they have not given him much yet that he is solely responsible for.  So as an "older and wiser" guy do I take the lad aside and try tell him he needs to slow down? Or do I just grab a bag of popcorn and wait for the inevitable  implosion?    Mrs. Walks_At_Night says I should just mind my own beeswax - what say you?

As an FYI it was announced today that the lad's last day with the company will be tomorrow.   So endeth this nightmare.

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 01, 2016, 08:33:51 PM
As an FYI it was announced today that the lad's last day with the company will be tomorrow.   So endeth this nightmare.
oh ya I had forgotten about this. Thanks for the update

cosmic hobo

The Chefist fest should be interesting this year.

MV/Liberace!

do you know why he's out?

NXOEED

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on September 02, 2016, 10:53:45 AM
are you guys all still meeting up in vegas?

Hey, man! I hope you have been well. 

It was almost impossible to get people to confirm...I'll be in Las Vegas the 13th through the 16th of this month on business...I would love to meet up with anyone who could make it!

venix

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 11:00:08 AM
Hey, man! I hope you have been well. 

It was almost impossible to get people to confirm...I'll be in Las Vegas the 13th through the 16th of this month on business...I would love to meet up with anyone who could make it!

Chefist's "business trip".

Is there a Dunkin Donuts "pastry chef" convention in town?

It was bound to happen. And you came out smelling like a rose since you didn't get involved. He would have never listened to you anyway and he would have blamed you as having had a hand in his fate if you had said anything.

Laurakinch

Quote from: venix on September 02, 2016, 03:29:26 PM
Chefist's "business trip".

Is there a Dunkin Donuts "pastry chef" convention in town?

Lol!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 02, 2016, 03:34:48 PM
It was bound to happen. And you came out smelling like a rose since you didn't get involved. He would have never listened to you anyway and he would have blamed you as having had a hand in his fate if you had said anything.

I may be wrong, but if I read Walks right there's little consolation to be found in ruthless pragmatism at a time like this.  Let us pour one out for the young fellow instead.  May his learnin' come easier than it did for us.

albrecht

Any word on reason? Or even just gossip? Fired ('let go' 'made redundant' 'reduction in force' 'down-sized',) the contract/project customer was lost, he quit to go else where?

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 05:33:24 PM
he quit to go else where?

That would be amazing :)

South of the Border has a reptile lagoon-looks nice.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 02, 2016, 05:56:00 PM
That would be amazing :)
In some gigs, especially on the sales or business development side, people can spent years (even careers if very good) and moving between jobs or companies without, really, performing  overtime, but talking a good game, networking, closing some good deals to gain some status, kissing up to bosses and playing office politics, etc. Usually though they get caught out eventually, especially if they are partying or entertaining clients too much!

Quote from: albrecht on September 02, 2016, 05:33:24 PM
Any word on reason? Or even just gossip? Fired ('let go' 'made redundant' 'reduction in force' 'down-sized',) the contract/project customer was lost, he quit to go else where?

He said he was outright fired - which is not really my employers style.  Typically they'll just give you a bad review and put you on the PiP [Performance Improvement Plan] or just let you linger until the next layoff wave happens and then cut you.   I've only seen this happen like maybe twice before but the lad deserved it.   

I helped him carry his gnarl out to his Audi today.  Got to talk to him a bit in the parking lot.  Sounded like he got to keep that big bonus they gave him and he's hoping to hook on with AWS.  My understanding is that they play for keeps and are ball busters there so he'd better shape up.

We interview a couple of guys next week - older guys.  Guess they've had enough of the high flying youngsters.     If anything new and interesting breaks I'll keep the thread informed.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 02, 2016, 03:34:48 PM

It was a shame - hopefully the kid unasses himself.

akwilly

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 02, 2016, 07:19:38 PM
It was a shame - hopefully the kid unasses himself.
I hope you don't mind I am going to steal that phrase "unasses" lol

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 02, 2016, 07:14:56 PM
He said he was outright fired - which is not really my employers style.  Typically they'll just give you a bad review and put you on the PiP [Performance Improvement Plan] or just let you linger until the next layoff wave happens and then cut you.   I've only seen this happen like maybe twice before but the lad deserved it.   

I helped him carry his gnarl out to his Audi today.  Got to talk to him a bit in the parking lot.  Sounded like he got to keep that big bonus they gave him and he's hoping to hook on with AWS.  My understanding is that they play for keeps and are ball busters there so he'd better shape up.

We interview a couple of guys next week - older guys.  Guess they've had enough of the high flying youngsters.     If anything new and interesting breaks I'll keep the thread informed.
Well, hopefully he learned his lesson and you will get a more productive, and stable, employee or co-worker. On the good side, for him, most companies are so lawsuit cautious, and some states even have laws, that he might be able to get another gig even without a good reference because many companies now will only 'verify employment,' and then only if asked. Here there is talk to make it illegal for an employer to ask questions about criminal background (until the interview process) because it discriminates. I don't know. I can see how if someone did something as a young person and depending on the crime they should have a chance to reform and so an interview might be persuasive getting them a job, but then again with, in many places, an employers-market why take the risk and weed-out ex-cons from the beginning.

Quote from: akwilly on September 02, 2016, 07:23:22 PM
I hope you don't mind I am going to steal that phrase "unasses" lol

It's all yours baby.   Fire and forget

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 02, 2016, 07:24:40 PM
It's all yours baby.   Fire and forget

It's part of being a boss... it's really not hard firing bad people.... it's your responsibility to the good ones!

venix

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
It's part of being a boss... it's really not hard firing bad people.... it's your responsibility to the good ones!

chefist

Quote from: venix on September 02, 2016, 08:51:13 PM

Bdubb's new programming job after getting fired for heroin positive....BellGab Memes...

Congrats, bro!

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2016, 07:29:30 PM

I have to agree.  By the time it gets to the point someone needs to be fired, I'm pissed off enough at their shit that I enjoy it.