Art, you broke my heart, cauze I couldn't dance

You didn't even want me around

Well I'm back to let you know

I can really shake 'em down
Do you Love me?
Now that I can dance? :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: LucaParcelli on June 02, 2016, 11:34:22 PM
So, I've been naughty and I've been listening to some pirate streams of older Art Bell shows from the Clinton era.

I'm nostalgic for Art's commentary about the Clintons and would love to hear him comment about how another Clinton is being taken down.

Anyone else share these sentiments? I am in need of consolation.

Praise MV, unceasingly.

Ah! Classic 90s Bell.  :)

Yeah, of course I'd love to hear him back on air ranting about Hillary.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on June 03, 2016, 12:19:18 AM
Art, you broke my heart, cauze I couldn't dance

You didn't even want me around

Well I'm back to let you know

I can really shake 'em down

You're really becoming one funky killer alien  8)

Women want to fuck you and men want to be you...even though they both know you're just going to kill them in the end.  :P

MV/Liberace!

Praise MV, unceasingly.

i think we'll get along great.  welcome to bellgab.

scottydawg

Hey All you Kiddies out there in Radioland, there's a NEW DMRN!
It's the Dixie Men's Redneck Network!
Better know as Larry's Roundup on Sirius 97. I was listening today when Larry's Live show was on at 9:00AM Central.
He's pretty good, plus he has a female news correspondent, Her Name is Ms. Bird's The Word.
Sweet little gal. Today she reported that some Redneck guy got shot in the ass by his dog. :o
When the sheriff's detective officers went out to verify what happened they found out the guy was smoking pot
during a thunderstorm. And when there was a bolt of lightening and a clap of thunder the dog  jumped and bit the owners ass
because he was scared! No word as to the exact time, but RCH thinks it might have been 19.5 minutes on the clock! ;D

Gruntled

^^^^^^^^^^^
Most interesting.
Thanks. ;D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on June 03, 2016, 08:23:49 AM
Nailed it !
Excellent post ..... Art Bell's time has come ... and gone. 
It's just sad and embarrassing to see it end this way for him. 
He was very entertaining for a decade ..... but, that happened two decades ago.
Just an opinion here ....... Art Bell shouldn't be trolling this site.  He would do well to have fun with his family and enjoy doing things with them.
Again, an excellent post 'Value Of Pi'

As for Art posting here and elsewhere, I understand his desire to somehow stay connected to his former listeners, but he made the same mistake he's made in other circumstances -- not thinking through what he was saying and doing in advance. As a result, he has needlessly antagonized many former listeners with seemingly nothing positive to show for his efforts.

He could have walked into the sunset with some real dignity but instead chose to create an attention-getting ruckus. He continues this today by attaching himself to Trump's coattails. I wish him the best personally but this was a bad way to end a great career. Thanks for the compliment, btw.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2016, 10:38:31 AM
You're really becoming one funky killer alien  8)

Women want to fuck you and men want to be you...even though they both know you're just going to kill them in the end.  :P

It's a blessing and a curse.  :P

Value Of Pie says I'm too "pithy." He's right...

Quote from: Gruntled on June 03, 2016, 10:18:44 AM
Do you Love me?
Now that I can dance? :)

Well I can mash potato

Well I can do the twist

Woh tell me baby

Do you like ito like this

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on June 03, 2016, 06:54:45 PM
It's a blessing and a curse.  :P

Value Of Pie says I'm too "pithy." He's right...

I said you were pithy, not too pithy. That was a compliment. Don't misquote me, rekcuf, or I'll revoke permission go call me "Pie," which I don't recall ever granting. Never mind, I love pie.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 03, 2016, 07:53:18 PM
I said you were pithy, not too pithy. That was a compliment. Don't misquote me, rekcuf, or I'll revoke permission go call me "Pie," which I don't recall ever granting. Never mind, I love pie.

I know, I was just teasing.

Mmm... Pie.

doctor weird

well this happened to me today..was able to find an opt out, but if I hadn't just walked through the door and noticed it.... wtf?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: doctor weird on June 03, 2016, 10:08:41 PM
well this happened to me today..was able to find an opt out, but if I hadn't just walked through the door and noticed it.... wtf?
Never 10:
https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: effluenza on June 01, 2016, 05:43:31 PM
Art please come back. Heather is terrible.

I'll join the overwhelming chorus: AGREED.

chefist

Sept 24, 2015...had a MITD show start automatically on my audio player...Art talking about all the new affiliates joining the show...

Depressing...

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on June 03, 2016, 09:50:30 PM
I know, I was just teasing.

Mmm... Pie.

You had to bring up pie, huh? There is no pie in my kitchen, none. I had to settle for an ice cream sandwich. It's not the same.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 03, 2016, 11:20:38 PM
You had to bring up pie, huh? There is no pie in my kitchen, none. I had to settle for an ice cream sandwich. It's not the same.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 03, 2016, 11:20:38 PM

*sigh* The struggle is real.

WOTR

Praise MV, unceasingly.
So, MV has officially welcomed you?

As his self-appointed representative at the ministry of truth (minitrue), I feel it my duty to welcome you and inform you of a few facts.

1. As per the "Ace of Spade's" post above, we have always been at War with Art Bell.

2. As per Scottydawg's post above, we all subscribe to Serius and have forgiven them for the whole Art debacle (particularly as we have always been at war with Mr. Bell.)

3. As per "The value of Pi's" post above, we also hate Heather.  As a matter of fact, anything and anybody connected with Art bell is to be universally reviled (though the jury is still out on Amy of "Amy on the radio."  She had quit and may have been rehabilitated.)

4. As per Robert's post above, we all love George Noory and me makes us smile.

That is all for now.  But please remember that failure to adopt the above statements as facts may require a visit to room 101 where MV may "love you" a whole lot.  8)

Yours truly;
The friendly minister of truth.

Mr. Fidget

[attachment id=1 msg=829171]
[attachment id=2 msg=829171]
[attachment id=3 msg=829171]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2016, 10:54:30 PM
Sept 24, 2015...had a MITD show start automatically on my audio player...Art talking about all the new affiliates joining the show...

Depressing...

oof.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on June 04, 2016, 12:24:02 AM
But please remember that failure to adopt the above statements as facts may require a visit to room 101 where MV may "love you" a whole lot.

don't worry about it, though.  i'm only packing a 3.

NXOEED

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 03, 2016, 12:09:34 AM
I think at some point someone will come along with a fresh way to tap into the subject matter and the audience that made Art's show so interesting and so much fun. It won't be a copycat and it won't be anyone anointed by Art to occupy his chair.

He/she/they will come out of nowhere just the way Art did. It will happen naturally. And you'll know it when you hear it -- even though, at first, you might not understand what it is you're listening to. It will be magic, just a different kind than you were used to with Art.

I think it's happening (not necessarily with paranormal talk, but only because ghosts and UFOs have stopped being interesting to me). Some of the podcasts out there are really good. The "belt buckle" episode of Mystery Show is really great.

I don't know if we need three hours a day of anything anymore, regardless of how good it is. I download anywhere from six to ten different podcasts a day. Every day of the week has a few really good ones I look forward to. The business model of "let's make the live stream free but charge for a subscription" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless it's an audience of millions. Guys like Marc Maron are building their fortunes off of the usual podcast advertisers (Warby Parker, Audible, etc) and putting it all out there for free. I can understand the immediate payout of a subscription-based show, but I don't understand how it could ever really grow from there.

It would have been cool to hear Art come back with a weekly 45-minute podcast on Gimlet, or something like it.

73s

Quote from: NXOEED on June 04, 2016, 10:04:10 AM
It would have been cool to hear Art come back with a weekly 45-minute podcast on Gimlet, or something like it.

I'm not holding out any immediate hope for a return. But knowing Art's history, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do yet another comeback eventually. I would hope that he does something like you suggest if he does do something, and recognize that listeners would rather hear short, infrequent quality shows than daily stuff that he can't sustain and isn't that great.  In this case he ought to focus on topics that he's passionate about, get only top quality guests, and above all have FUN with it. I often felt like he wasn't enjoying MITD very often (and last I heard the show about a month back, I got that same vibe from Heather).

It's obviously Art's choice to make and who knows what might be holding him back right now beyond COPD and harassment.

bobo17

FOLKS
THE MEETING IS BACK ON
I HAVE HAD 10S OF THOUSANDS OF INBOX MESSAGES (THANKS ALSO TO ART)
SO IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN ATTENDING, I WILL ORGANIZE FLIGHTS, HOTELS AND TRANSPORTATION. lOOKING AT POTENTIALLY THE 2ND WEAK OF JULY.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT BEGGED ME TO COME BACK...IT WORKED AND I WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL ART RETURNS TO THE RADIO  FIVE DAYS A WEAK AND HEATHER IS GONE.

THIS WILL NOT TAKE LONG AS I HERE ART IS OPEN TO THIS AND JUST NEEDS SOME ENCOURAGEMENT FROM MY FELLOW BELLGABBERS.   AS A FOUNDING MEMBER OF BELLGAB, I NO EVERYONE WILL RESPOND APROPRITELY FOR THIS TO HAPPEN

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, WE ARE SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE ART BELL BACK (SOON)

BOBO

ge30542

Lilith

Quote from: bobo17 on June 04, 2016, 11:38:50 AM
FOLKS
THE MEETING IS BACK ON
I HAVE HAD 10S OF THOUSANDS OF INBOX MESSAGES (THANKS ALSO TO ART)
SO IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN ATTENDING, I WILL ORGANIZE FLIGHTS, HOTELS AND TRANSPORTATION. lOOKING AT POTENTIALLY THE 2ND WEAK OF JULY.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT BEGGED ME TO COME BACK...IT WORKED AND I WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL ART RETURNS TO THE RADIO  FIVE DAYS A WEAK AND HEATHER IS GONE.

THIS WILL NOT TAKE LONG AS I HERE ART IS OPEN TO THIS AND JUST NEEDS SOME ENCOURAGEMENT FROM MY FELLOW BELLGABBERS.   AS A FOUNDING MEMBER OF BELLGAB, I NO EVERYONE WILL RESPOND APROPRITELY FOR THIS TO HAPPEN

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, WE ARE SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE ART BELL BACK (SOON)

BOBO

Praise MV!

Quote from: 73s on June 04, 2016, 11:04:32 AM
I'm not holding out any immediate hope for a return. But knowing Art's history, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do yet another comeback eventually. I would hope that he does something like you suggest if he does do something, and recognize that listeners would rather hear short, infrequent quality shows than daily stuff that he can't sustain and isn't that great.  In this case he ought to focus on topics that he's passionate about, get only top quality guests, and above all have FUN with it...

That's been suggested routinely since before the Sirius comeback.  For whatever reason, he doesn't want to do that.