Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 06, 2019, 05:02:55 PM
I know Brig.  That beast.  You had it almost perfect.   

Now that is a perfect illustration!  Note how the pitch rises when blown too hard, and how it falls away in the decay, like a dying wheeze?  You would be astonished how many professionals commit those faults to disc with nary a blush.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 06, 2019, 05:02:55 PM
I know Brig.  That beast.  You had it almost perfect.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew0jUmpJV7g
Mein Gott! Not only the reboot but also with awful recorder! Shame on you!

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on August 06, 2019, 03:49:51 PM
On the other hand, people buy CD's (do they still buy CD's?) or otherwise pay for recordings featuring recorder players. Those players have an audience, and are paid for their appearances. The same can be said of certain hosts who talk (mostly about themselves.)

So long as people are willing to pay for the product, and there is an audience, there will be a show.

Much like your despised recorder (and the bagpipes)- there may not be any actual fans... But the droning will go on.

*I have to say that I was unaware that the recorder still was featured in anything approaching "professional" music. I assumed it had been relegated to elementary school band class...

I can assure you the music-buying public (yes, we exist, and we buy cds or flac downloads if we're serious) was not clamoring for another recording of the Telemann -- you might guess it was a recent disc by Il Giardino Armonico that prompted my wrath.  There is nothing remarkable about the a-minor suite among the dozens that amazingly survive except that it is for recorder.

His viola concerto suffers the same fate.  The symphony here rarely programs baroque music but, wouldn't you know it, the last baroque concert I went to saw them trot out that tired old thing (the opening even sounds tired and bored) to give the first violist a chance to shine -- violists always have a chip on their shoulders because they are usually failed violinists.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 06, 2019, 04:51:07 PM
Recorder Gab?

Now that is not what I was expecting...................

I'm game though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB77t0U9Gf4

Pleae don’t tell me this is originally a Scottish instrument. The bagpipes are bad enough. :o

Catsmile

#SuzieRottencrotchBlewTheBoysInstrumentsExceptYours...
#NoWoodwind4U@ArtisansBandCamp

#StillBurnsAfterAllTheseYears
#ButNotAsMuchAsTheBoysWhoWereBlown 

Quote from: Gunner65 on August 06, 2019, 10:10:59 PM
"WATER BEARS"   lol

Yeah.  What the hell is she talking about?   Jesus.

ALBRECHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner65

"The Water Bears actually had a writing system and left us warnings about how they would eventually overcome humanity and occupy the earth!"

Gunner65

With bodily fluids similar to "anti-freeze" mixed into their blood and sperm....LOL

Gunner65

LOL!   OMG!  "Is that...is that REAL?" WTF HEATHER!?

Gunner65

HAHAAAHAAAA!   Heater says no one can call UFO folks crazy anymore because these little "Bears" are REAL!    LOL !

"THIS IS BIG!  THIS IS REAL FOR ALL OF US FOR HUMANITY!" - Heather Wade

That's right hunny - Little Bears are REAL! They are really aliens disguised as stuffed animals but ITS OK!

My Lord.  This is bad. 

Dietrich needs to add the old, worn out commercials on tape though.   Classy touch.  ::)

Catsmile

# Heater Wad Reading Ad Space.
#GetTheTeaDotCom
#CureAll
#AKA: SnakeOil
#WooTea

#ShezBecomingGorgchNorrie
#BecomingWhatYouHate

Gunner65

Gunner65

"SO CEREAL"   - "WE ARE HERE TOGETHER IN THE WIERD" - LOSER

"I JUST WANT TO GRAB HOLD OF IT AN RELISH EVERY MICROSECOND...WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME" - Heather Wade

Gunner65

"7 foot tall shadow people in Indiana"  And Anne Rice Novels!!   >:(

Gunner65

"Blacker than black" "Started with dreams"  "I was flying around watching everyone"

Gunner65

So this asshole is a vampire?  Heather Wade: "Ugh HUH...MMGH HUMM"

Gunner65

Sounds like Heather Wade prefers younger vampires...Douglas Dietrich is way low on her list of freaks !!

Gunner65

"Must have a good cable for this to be so good"  - Heather Wade

Gunner65

"I Won't say nothing" - Heather Wade

Gunner65

This asshole is a fucking LIAR!  Lives with his parents but says all of them were hanging around the woods and the house....and he turned up the stereo and the lights (he is 40 years old now) and they never knew...then says his mother took him to a psych and he told her it was "Girlfriend" problems...mother was a respiratory therapist?   This asshole lies like Dietrich !!

Gunner65

Story falls apart with his "friends" and college and high school girls and parents!!

Gunner65

Sick campfire stories?  From these rich fucking assholes? 

Gunner65

Dreams about railroad-tracks and murder!  Series of dreams...This fucking PUNK is LYING!!

Pizzapunch

Quote from: Gunner65 on August 06, 2019, 11:25:23 PM
Dreams about railroad-tracks and murder!  Series of dreams...This fucking PUNK is LYING!!
I love the way he keeps comparing his "experiences" to scenes from popular movies

Gunner65

"Witchy Woman" - Eagles

Fuck you Heather..I knew you were a witch a long time ago.