• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

2012 Democratic National Convention Agenda

Started by Zircon, July 29, 2012, 10:45:01 PM

Zircon

4:00 PM â€" Opening Flag Burning Ceremony â€" sponsored by CNN
4:05 PM â€" Singing of "God Damn America " led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
4:10 PM â€" Pledge of Allegiance to Obama.
4:15 PM â€" Ceremonial 'I hate America ' led by Michelle Obama.
4:30 PM â€" Tips on “How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world” â€" Hillary Clinton
4:45 PM â€"Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.”

5:00 PM â€" “Great Vacations I’ve Taken on the Taxpayer’s Dime Travel Log” - Michelle Obama.
5:30 PM â€" Eliot Spitzer Speaks on "Family Values" via Satellite
5:45 PM â€" Tribute to All 57 States â€" Nancy Pelosi

6:00 PM â€" Sen. Harry Reid - 90-minute speech expressing the Democrat’s appreciation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and George Soros for sparing no expense, for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment and to boost the economy.

8:30 PM â€" Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
9:00 PM â€" “Bias in Media â€" How we can make it work for you” Tutorial â€" sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times

9:15 PM â€" Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO â€" Michael Moore
9:45 PM â€" Personal Finance Seminar - Charlie Rangle
10:00 PM â€" Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers.

10:30 PM â€" Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
11:00 PM â€" Obama Energy Plan Symposium / Tire Gauge Demonstration / You too can get rich with Green Investment bankruptcies
11:15 PM â€" Free Gov. Blagoivich rally

11:30 PM â€" Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
11:45 PM â€" Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish Obama Presiding
12:00 AM â€" Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris "He sends a thrill up my leg” Matthews

12:01 AM â€" Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
12:05 AM â€" Celestial Choirs Sing
3:00 AM â€" Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech

WOTR

Quote from: Zircon on July 29, 2012, 10:45:01 PM
11:30 PM â€" Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
I believe that you forgot a Nobel peace prize in that list.

***Oh, wait... sorry.  I was just informed that has already been done.  I suppose that the committee believed the campaign promises to pull the troops, build bridges of love and peace as well as close Gitmo and stop torturing people.

It is not too late to give a second Nobel peace prize based on the campaign promises that will be made this time around.  Perhaps a Nobel prize to Romney is in order as well for best supporting liar? 

***Again I apologize; I have my Nobel peace prize and Oscar mixed up.  It would be the Oscar for best supporting liar in a national campaign and not a Nobel prize that he will be nominated for. 

HAL 9000

Earliest noted reference to origins of this content (at least insofar as 5 minutes of looking revealed) is 12 days ago - July 18, 2012 15:46 EDT. Obviously difficult to source if spread via email.

http://ethicscivility.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-democratic-national-convention.html

analog kid

It's like those chain emails you get from your crazy grandmother.

Zircon

Quote from: HAL 9000 on July 30, 2012, 03:52:49 AM
Earliest noted reference to origins of this content (at least insofar as 5 minutes of looking revealed) is 12 days ago - July 18, 2012 15:46 EDT. Obviously difficult to source if spread via email.

http://ethicscivility.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-democratic-national-convention.html

Is there a point to be made here?

Zircon

Quote from: b_dubb on July 30, 2012, 07:31:01 AM
I'm pro plagiarism myself
So that is it. The fact that I cut and paste the content of something I think it rather clever without giving credit to whomever dreamed it up, I am assuming authorship? Makes me wonder what HAL will have to say if I decide to start discussing the proton-proton chain in stellar dynamics? Should I provide all research ever conducted on this topic since I personally have never done any research in this field? I mean its not like I came up with the theory myself so I must be using the findings from others. But that may not be obvious?

I will try to remember to include any and all references to anything "ha! ha!" I happen to post from now on so as to not offend those who insist on a paper trail on all things said or posted. I will be keeping my eye on HAL as well as clearly he or she operates at a higher standard than myself, the "thief".

b_dubb

I don't know. You seemed awfully defensive ("is there a point to be made here?") and it seemed a obvious direction to take the thread in.

Zircon

Quote from: b_dubb on July 30, 2012, 07:47:50 AM
I don't know. You seemed awfully defensive ("is there a point to be made here?") and it seemed a obvious direction to take the thread in.
"Awfully defensive" on my part? "Obviously difficult to source if spread via email" by HAL suggests what to you?

b_dubb

Quote from: Zircon on July 30, 2012, 07:55:52 AM
"Awfully defensive" on my part? "Obviously difficult to source if spread via email" by HAL suggests what to you?
that you seem awfully defensive. my first thought when I saw your post was that it was copy and paste as it seems obvious that someone put some thought into that

McPhallus

Quote from: Zircon on July 30, 2012, 07:55:52 AM

You take yourself too seriously, my friend.

Zircon

Quote from: McPhallus on July 30, 2012, 08:01:58 AM
You take yourself too seriously, my friend.
Perhaps so but recently, I've been told to get a room, to go "hump" Oversoul, a "Narcissist" - and basically a fucking "Arrogant" prick. I guess perhaps I should consider just kicking people in their cyber-balls from this point forward when I am in disagreement with them.

b_dubb

Quote from: Zircon on July 30, 2012, 08:09:21 AM
Perhaps so but recently, I've been told to get a room, to go "hump" Oversoul, a "Narcissist" - and basically a fucking "Arrogant" prick. I guess perhaps I should consider just kicking people in their cyber-balls from this point forward when I am in disagreement with them.
<sarcasm>
yeah that seems totally reasonable. also I'm sure it wouldn't be an open invitation for others to pile on sarcastic and even openly insulting remarks
</sarcasm>

Zircon

Whatever. I've got better things to do then go back and forth over this stupid fucking humor post.

I'm listening to John Wells conversation with Roger Tolces from this past Saturday night. Very interesting program. I think too many people around here discount his conversations and his guests due largely to their dislike of Wells himself. He is a bit pompous and seems to have that "crooner swagger" but I think this particular program is well worth pondering over.

Rather than carry on that topic here, I'll respond over in teh John B. Wells thread or whichever one is for those who dislike him so much. If you'd indicate which one you'd like I can meet you over there - thx.

Grimace

Quote from: Zircon on July 29, 2012, 10:45:01 PM
4:05 PM â€" Singing of "God Damn America " led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Oh man do I miss that mothafucka!

CLAP TIME

Ruteger

Great Post. 10 years ago I would have spit on you for being a lunatic (I would have spat on myself) - now I am just sad. This country is doomed. "The Shining City on a Hill" has burnt out. A country founded on The Bible now holds it in contempt.

Read the OT. God crushed Israel for its disobedience - our fate will be far worse.

The Congress is guilty, but the Voters are more so....

onan

A worse fate would be listening to religious zealots.

If there is a god, he packed his bags and moved on a long time ago. I believe space aliens painting crop circles with turmeric will happen before god shows any interest in this spec of a blue planet.

And any historical reading outside of a fundamentalist tent will show little regard for the bible in writing the constitution.

Quote from: Ruteger on August 07, 2012, 07:37:27 PM
10 years ago I would have spit on you for being a lunatic

Would that be a jesus christ style of spit?

ziznak

A large majority of the founding fathers were panspermia subscribers... And no it has nothing to do with Bukake!

Eddie Coyle

Damn. I wanted "Amnesty, Abortion and Acid".

b_dubb

Quote from: Ruteger on August 07, 2012, 07:37:27 PM
Great Post. 10 years ago I would have spit on you for being a lunatic (I would have spat on myself) - now I am just sad. This country is doomed. "The Shining City on a Hill" has burnt out. A country founded on The Bible now holds it in contempt.

Read the OT. God crushed Israel for its disobedience - our fate will be far worse.

The Congress is guilty, but the Voters are more so....
I still believe in America. Yeah we have problems. But I'm not going to throw in the towel.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 07, 2012, 09:08:00 PM

And all you get is ECT.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on August 07, 2012, 10:02:51 PM
And all you get is ECT.
Tell me about it ,man. I thought I was going to a EST seminar...and end up getting more voltage than Lou Reed and Thomas Eagleton combined.  :o (literally)

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 07, 2012, 09:08:00 PM

I want to see the rest of the platform, I like this plank.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Harmness on August 08, 2012, 04:25:49 PM
I want to see the rest of the platform, I like this plank.
I do too. I smoked a sherm and forgot the rest.

Ruteger

Quote from: b_dubb on August 07, 2012, 09:15:46 PM
I still believe in America. Yeah we have problems. But I'm not going to throw in the towel.

Neither am I. That is why I am voting for Romney/Ryan in November. Are they perfect? Hek no! But, they are far better than Hussein and Plugs Biden.

Ruteger

Quote from: b_dubb on August 07, 2012, 09:15:46 PM

But I tell you this, if Hussein is awarded another 4 years by a dumbed-down electorate, this country is finished. You can take that to the bank - if you have any "change" left.

Quote from: Ruteger on August 19, 2012, 02:51:58 PM

But I tell you this, if Hussein is awarded another 4 years by a dumbed-down electorate, this country is finished. You can take that to the bank - if you have any "change" left.

The good news is he turned out to be a wuss and is not a leader.  Think of the damage he could have done with his party holding Congress and that fillibuster-proof Senate they had for 2 years (thankfully Ted Kennedy finally did something good for the country and died, losing that 60th seat).

Even if Obama wins again, his staff will slowly depart, he'll be a lame duck with many in his party no longer willing to go along with him, all he'll be able to do is rule by executive order - and his abuse of power with that will likely end up being challenged in court (it is meant to be used only for issues of national security and to keep private discussions and advice private). 

The main thing will be that the recession will last another 4 years longer than it has to and the National Debt will continue to be exacerbated rather than addressed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 19, 2012, 04:05:03 PM
The main thing will be that the recession will last another 4 years longer than it has to and the National Debt will continue to be exacerbated rather than addressed.

while i agree with the spirit of your post, i have to say i see no reason to trust republicans where deficit/debt reduction/elimination is concerned.  the two parties have both consistently driven us toward the same cliff.