• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 18, 2015, 11:41:34 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to call into a talk show saying this is old fag here...go ahead with your call old fag! LMAO!

Isn't there a station for "you people" on SXM?   ::)

Quote from: ge30542 on December 18, 2015, 11:44:48 AM
Old fag, you're on the air with Richard Hoagland and Art Bell.

If SV hosted that show, it would be old hag interviewing old fag. Things might get confusing.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 18, 2015, 11:44:11 AM
...I thought last night's was a show was killer."From the sounds of it, she is actually living very close by, if not in the actual Casa Bell itself.
I don't think so.  Her mic sounds like a Guitar Hero wireless.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 18, 2015, 10:09:29 AM

Sure, ATM I'm dipping my toe in. (Can we please stop the very poor foot related punns?: Editor)

Oh quit your pussyfooting around and go all in!  ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ge30542 on December 18, 2015, 11:44:48 AM
Old fag, you're on the air with Richard Hoagland and Art Bell.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2015, 11:47:11 AM

OMG hahahahahahahahaha!

And yes Uncle Duke my "people" have lots of stations on SXM! We are EVERYWHERE! 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 18, 2015, 11:52:01 AM
I don't think so.  Her mic sounds like a Guitar Hero wireless.
LOL

Ciardelo

I want an answer to this. Where does Heather actually live? From the sounds of it, she is actually living very close by, if not in the actual Casa Bell itself. What the fuck is going on? Is there one stalker, or two? Discuss.
I have it on good authority that she lives precisely in not Nevada.

ChairSpud

Quote from: Azzerae on December 18, 2015, 09:44:33 AM
I bet you he just likes her coz she looks good. He's a sucker for pretty girls.

Maybe or is simply the fact she's saving his show in case he can come back.

Soylentblue

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 10:56:40 AM
  and a free life time subscription to any show he ever does.

By lifetime you mean lifetime of the show which could be days, or weeks?

phrodo

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 18, 2015, 10:45:10 AM
The stalker knows where Art lives, this person has already been to his place at least 4 times, posting the photo of his property won't change that.  I want this person caught and stopped so Art can host his show again.

Red - trying to talk logic to a lot of the idiots here is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ms. C

Quote from: phrodo on December 18, 2015, 12:09:56 PM
Red - trying to talk logic to a lot of the idiots here is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig.
+1

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: phrodo on December 18, 2015, 12:09:56 PM

logic
ˈlɒdʒɪk/Submit
noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
"experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic"
synonyms:   science of reasoning, science of deduction, science of thought, dialectics, argumentation, ratiocination
"the study of logic"
a system or set of principles underlying the arrangements of elements in a computer or electronic device so as to perform a specified task.

I refer you to the text in bold, and try to apply it in the story AB has posited as being truthful or with reasonable chance of being so;

Consider this: The police don't think there's any point in pursuing the story. The local newspaper feels the same. Several long standing supporters of Art Bell don't believe him, including several of this forum who you wouldn't expect to disbelieve his story.

Take your big Art Bell pants off; have a shower with cold water, and take another look at all the alleged events and instead of applying unfettered adoration of AB to assess their possibilities and validity; Read the transcripts and the postings of the alleged timelines; apply dispassionate common sense and apply it. Take AB out and put in Noory, Hoagland, Alex Jones, Wells, would you believe the story if it was any/all of them? And if not, why not?

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 17, 2015, 08:22:26 PM
You'd have better success if you called this dude.

So an old lady neighbor of mine died a few years ago who was a astrologer and big into various Eastern religions. Helping her son clean out the house I noticed an old picture of her with some monk-type Buddhist (I guess) guy, another one with him and a young Steven Seagal. So I guess he really did study some stuff in the day.

BellBoy

Quote from: albrecht on December 18, 2015, 12:32:04 PM
So an old lady neighbor of mine died a few years ago who was a astrologer and big into various Eastern religions. Helping her son clean out the house I noticed an old picture of her with some monk-type Buddhist (I guess) guy, another one with him and a young Steven Seagal. So I guess he really did study some stuff in the day.

He's apparently, also an actual, active Sheriff's Reserve deputy as well, so he'd probably look at the evidence, presented to date and say, "hmmmm..."

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 18, 2015, 10:20:47 AM
Vegan breakfast? Tea instead of coffee?  FRIKKIN flat landers. Don't encourage them. Next we will have to provide scones.

Brig, don't encourage strangers. It's like feeding stray cats.

Oh yes yes, of course GS!  My bad, I neglected to check the rule book once again  :-[

I want an answer to this. Where does Heather actually live? From the sounds of it, she is actually living very close by, if not in the actual Casa Bell itself. What the fuck is going on? Is there one stalker, or two? Discuss.

Oh, man...

I too, am curious regarding Heather's location. The whole "top secret" thing is stale anyways.

K_Dubb

Most of the talk of belief is just posturing.  Belief is a tenuously held conclusion constantly weighed against new information and weighted with different levels of certainty.  Not a yes/no thing, and only counts when you have to make a decision on it.

I'd wonder if the people who don't believe Art ever found themselves called to his house on business, say, late at night didn't get a chill when a car came slowly down the road.  That's Art's reality; he has to decide.

BellBoy

But, I digress...

"You da man, Art!"

"Heather is the best second best broadcaster, ever!"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 12:41:47 PM
He's apparently, also an actual, active Sheriff's Reserve deputy as well, so he'd probably look at the evidence, presented to date and say, "hmmmm..."

And then, stop in his tracks, look to stage left and have a quizzical expression on his face..He has a conversation with himself.

...."I've goddit! We'll use it as the basis for a screenplay. I can play the long standing, but elderly paranormal radio host who lives in a huge plantation. Young wife (shouts to the best boy; Hey, can we get Taylor Swift's people on the phone?) daughter is terrified-I'm liking this."

"Then we can have the show being an albatross; Sure, he gets the listeners but he's bored. He's bored with having to talk on bad phone lines to the same pseudo scientists and snake oil salesmen he was speaking to before the invention of the internet, when it was all fresh and exciting. But he's aware he can't just announce he's bored. He needs a credible threat...hmmmmmm....I goddit! Nuclear war! No...too brutal. Hmmmm. Famine! Noooooo...Flood! In Arizona? You kidding? Stalker! Yes...I like this... Yes, that could just work. Damn; it's just like the original idea, how can I ever get scriptwriters credits?"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 18, 2015, 12:49:40 PM
Most of the talk of belief is just posturing.  Belief is a tenuously held conclusion constantly weighed against new information and weighted with different levels of certainty.  Not a yes/no thing, and only counts when you have to make a decision on it.

I'd wonder if the people who don't believe Art ever found themselves called to his house on business, say, late at night didn't get a chill when a car came slowly down the road.  That's Art's reality; he has to decide.

But that isn't what is supposed to have happened.

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 12:49:42 PM
But, I digress...

"You da man, Art!"

"Heather is the best second best broadcaster, ever!"
Good to finally see you're onboard with this BB!  ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 18, 2015, 12:54:34 PM
Good to finally see you're onboard with this BB!  ;D

I've been on board from day one. I just have a rather short attention span...

Oh look! Heather's Podcast Butterflies!

You da Man, Art!

ge30542

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2015, 11:47:11 AM
Yea, if you like listening to twenty-something PC-libs discussing the real housewives.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 01:01:57 PM
I've been on board from day one. I just have a rather short attention span...

Oh look! Heather's Podcast Butterflies!

You da Man, Art!

You sir cannot have too many shiny things in your                  ...hey there, look...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ge30542 on December 18, 2015, 01:09:12 PM
Yea, if you like listening to twenty-something PC-libs discussing the real housewives.

No, I was talking about the show tunes channel.  Every time I go by it they're playing something or other by Judy Garland.

nika01

Quote from: ChairSpud on December 18, 2015, 11:55:43 AM
Maybe or is simply the fact she's saving his show in case he can come back.

Heather is more than "saving his show". She is hitting the ground running and is doing much better than anyone else out there doing these sorts of things. I like her and cant imagine why others dont. She isnt Art, she is Heather goddamnit. Infinetly superior to Hoaxland and other also rans like the fiasco that the Birnes produce. All you have to do is listen and do a simple comparison between the other "hosts" and Heather stands out clearly ahead of the pack.

nika01

Also bear in mind that Art Bell didnt become Art Bell over night. However, Hoagland has always been as ass.

cweb

Quote from: BellBoy on December 18, 2015, 12:41:47 PM
He had a ridiculous show called Steven Seagal: Lawman. Pretty good drunk viewing.

ge30542

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 18, 2015, 01:14:28 PM
No, I was talking about the show tunes channel.  Every time I go by it they're playing something or other by Judy Garland.
Oh My! I thought you were referring to channel 106.
Oh yes, The Man Thay Got Away, FABULOUS!

Ciardelo

Quote from: nika01 on December 18, 2015, 01:20:35 PM
Heather is more than "saving his show". She is hitting the ground running and is doing much better than anyone else out there doing these sorts of things. I like her and cant imagine why others dont. She isnt Art, she is Heather goddamnit. Infinetly superior to Hoaxland and other also rans like the fiasco that the Birnes produce. All you have to do is listen and do a simple comparison between the other "hosts" and Heather stands out clearly ahead of the pack.
+1 you A#1 i don't think people are listening to her with 'fresh ears" they are dragging all sorts of baggage into their perceptions.