• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Think this is real? C2C producer speaks

Started by nika01, October 21, 2013, 05:16:04 PM

nika01

http://afzz1.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/a-flippant-response/

Apparently from a producer at C2C. Cannot vouch for authenticity, but it sure does seem to be in character.

Sounds like Lisa Lyon, or would if she ever answered emails. But the sign off is all wrong. It should be:

Lisa Lyon, Producer of Shite, Night after Night

The General

Wow.  That is some amazing customer service right there.
Just exactly what I've come to expect from what used to be Coast to Coast AM.
Hoist the black flag higher, Art.

It's certainly well written.
If only George were as articulate and nuanced a communicator,
perhaps they wouldn't have this problem.

rangerdavid

She sure isn't trying to keep listeners, or subscribers with a response like that one .................

nika01

after re-reading this thing... I dont know if its real or not. It is just too assholish (quoting Doyle Hargrave from Slingblade). If it is real, omg. If I were her boss, she would be unemployed immediately. Gee maybe sending it to their mothership for validation would accomplish that goal.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: nika01 on October 21, 2013, 05:45:58 PM
after re-reading this thing... I dont know if its real or not. It is just too assholish (quoting Doyle Hargrave from Slingblade). If it is real, omg. If I were her boss, she would be unemployed immediately. Gee maybe sending it to their mothership for validation would accomplish that goal.

After reading numerous replies from C2C over the years, it's totally consistent. Most of their replies are assholish, so nothing new here.

ourobouros2k2

They forget they inherited their empire, and none of them chucklefucks would be employed in their current capacity if it were not for Art's hard work.

Coast is sinking fast..

ItsOver

"...we are servicing our listeners..."  You mean like a cheap, two-dollar whore?

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on October 21, 2013, 07:44:31 PM"...we are servicing our listeners..."  You mean like a cheap, two-dollar whore?
I read that line and was taken aback as well. I mean, who talks like that? Well, besides ranchers who discuss whether or not their bull has hit a homer or not, because they speak in terms of the bull "servicing" the in-season cow.

But then maybe that's exactly the context Lisa meant to convey.

"Art Bell is a big boy who has been attacking our show and George Noory for years. He has thrown down the gauntlet and has told the world he is back on for revenge and to hurt our show. How noble.

Art wants to take us down, yet cries foul when he is out maneuvered."

Ok, the tone of her e-mail is awful, but I gotta say, in these couple of lines - she has a point.  Art has been slinging more shit than George, and seems to have been itching for a fight with the C2C/Premrad bunch.  Why the surprise when they fight back?

I await the deluge...

I concur with your general point, RCD.  Noory & Co. have been pretty passive-aggressive in their treatment of Art.  Art has been more direct (honorable) about matters.  I admire that.  He changed the rules of engagement as it were, and now C2C is fighting back in their clumsy way, seeing themselves as the victims and not the corporate slime devils they are.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 21, 2013, 10:08:27 PM

Ok, the tone of her e-mail is awful, but I gotta say, in these couple of lines - she has a point.  Art has been slinging more shit than George, and seems to have been itching for a fight with the C2C/Premrad bunch.  Why the surprise when they fight back?

I await the deluge...

You're absolutely right, and it's why Art should just ignore Noory and not allow himself to get pulled into a morass of bullshit. Art's winning the war by merely being on. Premiere execs aren't noble and will fight like the desperate trapped rats they are.

The General

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 21, 2013, 10:08:27 PM
Art has been slinging more shit than George, and seems to have been itching for a fight with the C2C/Premrad bunch.  Why the surprise when they fight back?

I await the deluge...

What shit could George sling?  He owes it all to Art's baby, C2C.
He was handed a gold plated radio gig that he didn't deserve.
He'll NEVER complain about it.  George is just premiere's patsy.
Premiere, Lisa, etc... I expect a fight from them. 
They've been fighting Art for years and years.
It was just never very public.  Until now.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 21, 2013, 10:18:32 PM
        You're absolutely right, and it's why Art should just ignore Noory and not allow himself to get pulled into a morass of bullshit. Art's winning the war by merely being on. Premiere execs aren't noble and will fight like the desperate trapped rats they are.

Art has always been feisty towards those that he feels have wronged him. I have no doubt that c2c has done a bunch of shit below the radar. Personally I enjoy Art ragging them. I hope whenever they start to say Art's name they start to vomit.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 21, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
I hope whenever they start to say Art's name they start to vomit.

While sleeping on their backs.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 21, 2013, 10:22:32 PM
        While sleeping on their backs.

I get all weepy reading your sweet prose.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 21, 2013, 10:24:40 PM
I get all weepy reading your sweet prose.

Composed with a quill pen, listening to chamber music in my bath.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 21, 2013, 10:18:32 PM
Exactly.  As much fun as it is for Art, and for the listeners, in any battle of wits with George, he's bringing a gun to a knife fight.  Shit, it would be like us picking fights with dipshits like Ruteger and Quick Karl.

Oh, wait, I get it now...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 21, 2013, 10:32:49 PM
Exactly.  As much fun as it is for Art, and for the listeners, in any battle of wits with George, he's bringing a gun to a knife fight.  Shit, it would be like us picking fights with dipshits like Ruteger and Quick Karl.

Oh, wait, I get it now...

Since this week marks the 30th anniversary of the invasion of Grenada, maybe a curb stomp of a lesser like Noory is appropriate. Celebrating history, I guess. Shit on Noory for America!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 21, 2013, 10:37:01 PM
       Since this week marks the 30th anniversary of the invasion of Grenada, maybe a curb stomp of a lesser like Noory is appropriate. Celebrating history, I guess. Shit on Noory for America!

Boffo idea.  Maybe we can get Clint to make a movie about it.  Mario Van Peebles probably takes scale these days...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 21, 2013, 10:45:05 PM
Boffo idea.  Maybe we can get Clint to make a movie about it.  Mario Van Peebles probably takes scale these days...

As long as there's a good earring rip scene, then I'm there.

Van Peebles waiting for a Exterminator 2 prequel.

Foodlion

Art has resorted to announcing his guests the day prior due to conflict via C2C's producers.
I've heard about the threats and double little to buy out offers.

Art has never threatened to make a decision against a guest, and that shows how professional he is.

George just needs to start doing his show right, and then maybe then, Art will respect him.

Jackstar

I don't really understand why it matters when the guests are the same, or duplicated, or on in the same week, or next month, or whatever.

Johnnyace99

Art is GOD !!! George Noory is a no-talent, rip-off little twit !! End of story !!

Foodlion

Quote from: Jackstar on October 22, 2013, 11:22:34 AM
I don't really understand why it matters when the guests are the same, or duplicated, or on in the same week, or next month, or whatever.

Shouldn't matter, but it seems L.L/G.N/T.G team think it does.

bateman

QuoteArt Bell comes out of retirement again to poach listeners from Coast to Coast AM

Hahahahahaha, oh Lisa, that's rich. The only reason George has even ONE listener is because of Art Bell.

grano salis

Quote from: Sardondi on October 21, 2013, 09:54:13 PM
I read that line and was taken aback as well. I mean, who talks like that? Well, besides ranchers who discuss whether or not their bull has hit a homer or not, because they speak in terms of the bull "servicing" the in-season cow.

But then maybe that's exactly the context Lisa meant to convey.

In an audacious show of faux scholastics, the next post is an excerpt from Cromwell's speech dismissing parliament..."in the name of God,go" etc.  Miss Lisa is aware, I hope, that Cromwell succumbed to tertiary  syphillis.  Perhaps she is in the "servicing" mode, now that you bring it up.

One thing that got me was this sentence right here: "Art Bell is a big boy who has been attacking our show and George Noory for years."  The very next sentence also features those same two words: "Our show."  Fuck that, Coast to Coast is and always has been Art's show!

ziznak

Well, it's clearly a competition and I'm glad it is.  C2C needs to be buried and who better to destroy the out of control monster than it's creator.  Being a nutthuggah I wear my Bell bias proud but I think even if I put it all aside and then objectively looked at the whole situation I'd still be rooting for the guy that started a small show in the middle of the desert.  I really see an obvious good verse evil thing going on here. Coorperate evil versus a true artist.