• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131008 - John Hogue - Prophecies for 2013/2014

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 08, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 08:38:59 PM
Yes I love the songs and love the relevance he goes for but come on?  It's like what, 20 songs? Every night.  Even more than once in a night I think, I've fast forwarded so much I'm not sure.  And Not because of him.

Well there is about eighty listed here http://artbell.com/category/show/bumper-music/ and that list is not definitive.

I hear what you are saying but I mean. Its nothing new.

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 08:38:20 PM
I think Art picks the bumpers not a producer, lets see if there is a money themed bumper out of this segment or into the next.
I'm thinking Pink Floyd's "Money." I think that's in his cue.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 08, 2013, 08:39:18 PM
Well of course he would have to choose what music is in the library, these are almost ALL songs he's been playing for about 18 years now.
I know this.  I've listened to him since 1990 something.  I just feel he is playing the "same" songs a bit much.

Quote from: nofAcedAgent on October 08, 2013, 08:41:08 PM
Well there is about eighty listed here http://artbell.com/category/show/bumper-music/ and that list is not definitive.

I hear what you are saying but I mean. Its nothing new.

Nothing new at all.

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 08:41:47 PM
I know this.  I've listened to him since 1990 something.  I just feel he is playing the "same" songs a bit much.

I feel what you are saying, he's used the same song twice in a night a few times since he's been back and that's not something I remember happening very often in the old days, maybe once I remember this happening on c2c with Art and it was post 2006 for sure. Not enough to start bugging me yet.

This guy's voice reminds me a lot of Phillip Chacon, the guy who tested the blood and tissue samples from Jonathan Reed.

casioson

Quote from: Remley on October 08, 2013, 08:38:20 PM
I think Art picks the bumpers not a producer, lets see if there is a money themed bumper out of this segment or into the next.

Money - Pink Floyd HD (Studio Version)

Maybe we can have a "Guess the next bumper song" contest? LOL

Spooky Matter

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on October 08, 2013, 08:45:16 PM
Maybe we can have a "Guess the next bumper song" contest? LOL
I think we'd all have a great shot at guessing!

phrodo

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 08, 2013, 08:41:51 PM

Nothing new at all.

I quit buying music in the early 80's .. around the "New Wave" era... nothing much worth buying since. Maybe Art agrees with me.  ;D

Spooky Matter

Quote from: phrodo on October 08, 2013, 08:47:13 PM
I quit buying music in the early 80's .. around the "New Wave" era... nothing much worth buying since. Maybe Art agrees with me.  ;D
Too bad because you have missed a wealth of music!

Spinner

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 08, 2013, 08:13:51 PM
Well, at least the economy guest isn't Gerald Celente or Jerome Corsi. I'd run screaming into the night with my hands over my ears.
Same here. Mr. Onaran sounds a lot more reasonable.

Spooky Matter

I'm gonna throw in the next retirement reason.  It's his shekels, for sure.  Take the Money and Run!  That's what he should play!

phrodo

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 08:48:02 PM
Too bad because you have missed a wealth of music!

Oh - I've heard it .. just don't think it's worthy of buying and keeping for posterity. Got well over 800 albums *yes vinyl* from the late 60's to the early 80's.

Desmond

Most "economic experts" don't seem to have a clue any more than the rest of us.  Lots of doubletalk and jargon but no clearly communicated ideas.  Put 100 in a room and get 100 versions of the economy. 

FUCK YEAH, Earth Wind and Fire! Phillip Bailey is tha homie.

phrodo

Anybody wanna recap what that guest had to say about the economic mess in a couple of sentences or a paragraph at most? I wasn't really paying attention to him .. sounded kinda like Father Guido Sarducci so I was listening mostly to the Rays and Sox game.  8)

Spooky Matter

Quote from: phrodo on October 08, 2013, 08:50:28 PM
Oh - I've heard it .. just don't think it's worthy of buying and keeping for posterity. Got well over 800 albums *yes vinyl* from the late 60's to the early 80's.
Cool!  But I happen to love new age.  Or the occasional and unique obscures.  Just saying.  Doobie doobie doo!  He fooled us all.

ZomZom

Taking financial advice from someone who doesn't have a portfolio is... questionable.

Desmond

Art sounds quite worried about the default.  The time to convert your money and leave is before the actual default, wouldn't ya think?  Will Art take off next week to move?   :o

Quote from: phrodo on October 08, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Anybody wanna recap what that guest had to say about the economic mess in a couple of sentences or a paragraph at most? I wasn't really paying attention to him .. sounded kinda like Father Guido Sarducci so I was listening mostly to the Rays and Sox game.  8)
He basically said the U.S. economy is being held hostage by a bunch of egomaniacal political oligarchs in D.C. and we are very close to being f@cked.

steelbot

Quote from: ZomZom on October 08, 2013, 08:55:51 PM
Taking financial advice from someone who doesn't have a portfolio is... questionable.
Yeah I thought that too, when he said he had a 401k but no invested stocks I started to worry, I mean I've owned Sirius, Microsoft, and a handful of others over my short time of 12-14 years of investing...so I gotta worry when an economist that writes for a news organization, is out of touch on that level...

Spooky Matter

Quote from: phrodo on October 08, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Great comments.  I found him unlistenable because he reminds of something that I can't place, I'm thinking the guy from Taxi.

Quote from: steelbot on October 08, 2013, 08:58:19 PM
Yeah I thought that too, when he said he had a 401k but no invested stocks I started to worry, I mean I've owned Sirius, Microsoft, and a handful of others over my short time of 12-14 years of investing...so I gotta worry when an economist that writes for a news organization, is out of touch on that level...
He's an ECONOMIST, not an investment counselor. basically a college professor who wrote a book. Those that can't do...teach.

steelbot

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on October 08, 2013, 08:59:49 PM
He's an ECONOMIST, not an investment counselor. basically a college professor who wrote a book. Those that can't do...teach.
true, you'd still think he'd have some investment experience.