• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130925 - Matthew Alper - God Part of the Brain

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 25, 2013, 04:48:13 AM

Mhayhurst

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 08:28:39 PM
Matthew doesn't believe in *any* kind of spirituality.
I feel kind of sorry for him.

Me too.

widespread1

if this dude hit DMT once he would totally flip flop... No transcendent reality ahahahahahaha.  WRONG!

Cynnie

Quote from: widespread1 on September 25, 2013, 08:30:24 PM
if this dude hit DMT once he would totally flip flop... No transcendent reality ahahahahahaha.  WRONG!

Whats DMT ?

popple

"Yeah I know a lot of 5th grade teachers who have gone on to smuggle trucks in Africa" - Art
"I know, it's an old story" - Mathew

HAHA!

AshamanWolf

Excuse me sir, but what is that under your coat?

Umm... A boat?

Ah. Perfectly Legal, not one of those nefarious trucks the locals use. Please be on your way.

Spinner

"Adventures make life worth living" said Matthew

I agree.

PrairieGhost

I just get the first impression this guy is full of himself...

Spinner

Quote from: widespread1 on September 25, 2013, 08:30:24 PM
Yeah, some DMT, 'shrooms, and ayahuasca should do it.

Cynnie

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 08:33:17 PM
"Adventures make life worth living" said Matthew

I agree.

I agree with your agreement

steelbot

LOL - wow Art is really picky on the Phone stuff now - maybe he's got some REALLy good headphones vs his old stuff !

Ward

Dimethyltryptamine

Here is a great book on the experiments done with DMT. http://www.rickstrassman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=54

Art even interviewed Dr. Rick Strassman

Guest has to not breathe so heavily into the phone!

We are INTO audio quality here!

coaster

If people are interested in DMT, they should also read Graham Hancock's "Supernatural"

dortmunder

"Philosophy's for children"...what a self-righteous prick. I don't like 'im. Nosir!

Spinner

Quote from: Ward on September 25, 2013, 08:34:49 PM
Dimethyltryptamine

Here is a great book on the experiments done with DMT. http://www.rickstrassman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=54

Art even interviewed Dr. Rick Strassman

And who can forget his interviews with Terence McKenna. That really impressed me.

Noorynoid

DMT was around during the 60's, a short trip that lasted around 30 minutes or so. I didn't like it, preferred LSD instead, much longer and better high.

Cynnie

Quote from: coaster on September 25, 2013, 08:37:10 PM
If people are interested in DMT, they should also read Graham Hancock's "Supernatural"

I no likey transcending ..im pretty innocent with the drug stuff.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 08:34:22 PM

Yeah, some DMT, 'shrooms, and ayahuasca should do it.
Kind of. But just because somebody goes to a comedy club doesn't mean they'll get the jokes.

jazmunda

Quick Straw Poll - do coast gabbers believe in a god part of the brain? yay or nay

eddie dean

Quote from: Spinner on September 25, 2013, 08:30:56 PM

Must be... I just found out what's in it.  :o

Me too, but it doesn't sound as disgusting as I originally thought. For some reason, I thought it was some kind of ground up processed meat paste.   :o

widespread1

Quote from: Noorynoid on September 25, 2013, 08:38:04 PM
DMT was around during the 60's, a short trip that lasted around 30 minutes or so. I didn't like it, preferred LSD instead, much longer and better high.

DMT has been around for thousands of years and you probably never broke through to see what the hype is about... it is not at all recreational like lsd is

saucerlike

Quote from: Cynnie on September 25, 2013, 08:31:27 PM
Whats DMT ?

1. A psychedelic drug
2. A chemical released naturally in the brain prior to or near death.

Noorynoid

I've seen God, he drives a VW Microbus and lives in San Francisco.

SaucyRossy

I get his pov, however, he suffers what most hardcore atheists suffer from, massive ego.
He's not annoying though, yet
I'm still interested in hearing the show though.

AshamanWolf

If Philosophy is for children, why do any children talk to start screaming at me to just get the ball they hit into my yard and return it to them, instead of continuing to question why that ball is in my yard, and what made the child hit the ball there.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on September 25, 2013, 08:39:21 PM
Quick Straw Poll - do coast gabbers believe in a god part of the brain? yay or nay

Yay

Spinner

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 25, 2013, 08:39:05 PM
Kind of. But just because somebody goes to a comedy club doesn't mean they'll get the jokes.
You have a point.
With Matt's attitude, he'll probably figure the whole thing was a construct of his imagination.