• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: InsomniacMissourian on September 24, 2013, 08:49:52 PM
How many times according to Dames are we supposed to be dead now?  Killed by the big-*** solar flare that hasn't come yet.

Wasn't the Earth supposed to flip on it's axis or some shit too?   ::)

mikealden

I wonder if we will hear from Bill, the amateur astronomer, tonight...

steelbot

I'm still awaiting that New Madrid fault to flex it's muscle again!

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 08:55:04 PM
Wow the comet could be 15 times the brightness of the moon! That would be creepy and amazing!

Much brighter than a full moon.  I try to imagine it, and just can't.
But it sure will be cool to listen to Dark Matter under the light of ISON.

Don't know why, but it makes me wish Terrance McKenna would have lived to see it too.  He would have tripped on that hard, lol.

steelbot

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 08:59:49 PM
I haven't seen World War Z yet. Is it any good?
I'm not a HUGE zombie fan - but thought it was pretty good - (the unrated version)

Northcoaster

Contact was great. Not sure why it got such mixed reviews from the critics.

sleeplessinca

My teenage daughter liked the book and I sure like Brad Pitt

AshamanWolf

I have heard it is good, but for my taste, I really enjoyed the book more. It seemed more impactful.

bigchucka

Ian Punnett's  War Of The Worlds style full length interview I thought was good.  I wouldn't have done the last Ian show interview in that style though....

Spinner

The discussion between Art and Seth is so much fun. I've been cracking up constantly.

Sardondi

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 24, 2013, 08:37:32 PMAlright, WHO requested Doctor Doofus Ed "Army Men" Dames?
(It really helps to sound this out) "It was not beink the fathers of yunk fimmales who are beink livink in former communist countries who ask-ed for Meester Hed Dimms to be on show, no whay, no how. No, ifvin though such fathers would like to hef their dotters to be marryink Meester Hed Dimms, and ifvin though I hef a glorious dotter who must be marryink, and ifvin though I hef several goats and a moo cow, and ifvin a jeckess that is sayink "heehaw heehaw"....No, I am not beink the one who ask-ed for Meester Hed Dimms to be on show. Bikos wee bee knowink how many pipples woiuld lahk to keel Meester Hed Dimms."

eddie dean

Lowell observatory in Flagstaff is worth a visit. It is a neat place in a great mountain town!

SgtRocko

Quote from: Sardondi on September 24, 2013, 09:08:26 PM
(It really helps to sound this out) "It was not beink the fathers of yunk fimmales who are beink livink in former communist countries who ask-ed for Meester Hed Dimms to be on show, no whay, no how. No, ifvin though such fathers would like to hef their dotters to be marryink Meester Hed Dimms, and ifvin though I hef a glorious dotter who must be marryink, and ifvin though I hef several goats and a moo cow, and ifvin a jeckess that is sayink "heehaw heehaw"....No, I am not beink the one who ask-ed for Meester Hed Dimms to be on show. Bikos wee bee knowink how many pipples woiuld lahk to keel Meester Hed Dimms."

Soda-schpritz-on-the-monitor time!

Spinner

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
Lowell observatory in Flagstaff is worth a visit. It is a neat place in a great mountain town!
Been there!  :D

SciFiAuthor

Shostak does NOT look 70. Wow, I'd have guessed he was in his 50's.

eddie dean

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 09:00:36 PM
Much brighter than a full moon.  I try to imagine it, and just can't.
But it sure will be cool to listen to Dark Matter under the light of ISON.

Don't know why, but it makes me wish Terrance McKenna would have lived to see it too.  He would have tripped on that hard, lol.

Tripping Balls, indeed!