• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on December 18, 2013, 01:10:48 AM
Wow.  You are really on to something here. I only hope to live long enough to be abducted by one of these female Noridc aliens who wants to promote intergalactic relations.

She can bring along her pet wookie, angelfoot, or whatever else she wants.

The problem is they also have a penis that pops out from under their tongue.

Nebraska888

Noory just announced that George Knapp is very ill.  Does anyone know anything?

ZHero

Get well soon Knappy! You are the shining star in the black hole that is C2C! :(

Morgus

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 20, 2013, 12:59:52 AM
Noory just announced that George Knapp is very ill.  Does anyone know anything?
Nope, Noory wouldn't give any details.
Nothing new posted on Knapp's Twitter site since last Saturday.
Whatever it was, must have happened last Sunday - causing the network to play an old show recording that night...

Gd5150

Wow really hope he's ok. Great host!

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 20, 2013, 01:27:28 AM
Wow really hope he's ok. Great host!

Oh, shit! I hope it's not serious.

georgesucks

Quote from: Morgus on December 20, 2013, 01:21:14 AM
Nope, Noory wouldn't give any details.
Nothing new posted on Knapp's Twitter site since last Saturday.
Whatever it was, must have happened last Sunday - causing the network to play an old show recording that night...
I will be praying for Mr George Knapp. I really hope that he gets well soon. He is an awesome host and an awesome person in general.

VtaGeezer

GK is a frequent Tweeter, but has made no tweets since 12/14, and there's no news of him on his KLAS-TV station webpage.  I think that no press release when someone like GK goes offline is unusual.  I do hope its just fatigue or something like that, and not really serious.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 20, 2013, 01:02:37 PM
GK is a frequent Tweeter, but has made no tweets since 12/14, and there's no news of him on his KLAS-TV station webpage.  I think that no press release when someone like GK goes offline is unusual.  I do hope its just fatigue or something like that, and not really serious.

Perhaps someone could call the station. You know, get a comment from someone there as to his status.

Hell....I`ll do it

I attempted to call KLAS but was only able to access voice mail of a couple people. I did not leave a message.

I also poked through recent video to see if there was any mention of GK. I saw none.

His email is gknapp@8newsnow.com

b_dubb

VtaGeezer

If its a medical or personal issue, only GK can make a public statement.

BobGrau

He's probably fine, just noory implying terminal illness again cos he can't dare to treat his listeners like adults and admit "Knapp doesn't like me"

coaster

Its just like Noory to get people worked up and worried without telling them whats going on. Noory gets off on it. Hes a douchebag.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on December 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM
Its just like Noory to get people worked up and worried without telling them whats going on. Noory gets off on it. Hes a douchebag.
Coaster "gets it".

VtaGeezer

Quote from: coaster on December 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM
Give Noory a break here; it's illegal to release any medical without the subject's authorization. He'd get his eyebags sued off.  I found it interesting, though, the way he said "I'll be lining up fill-in hosts..." like he does the choosing.

BobGrau

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 20, 2013, 06:02:04 PM
Give Noory a break here; it's illegal to release any medical without the subject's authorization. He'd get his eyebags sued off.  I found it interesting, though, the way he said "I'll be lining up fill-in hosts..." like he does the choosing.

In this context, "noory" tends to refer to "the supposedly professional radio network that he gets paid to represent"

onan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 20, 2013, 06:02:04 PM

It isn't illegal to give general information regarding a public figure. To say Mr public fell incurring injuries and was taken to a local hospital. To report a diagnosis without consent is another issue.

The Knappster's a  pretty private guy, though. He never mentions his private life at all except vague references. It doesn't surprise me that he's keeping this quiet, whatever it is, but 'very ill' is scary terminology. It would be nice if someone would make a statement about whatever it is that's wrong, without going into the gory details.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2013, 06:34:58 PM
It isn't illegal to give general information regarding a public figure. To say Mr public fell incurring injuries and was taken to a local hospital. To report a diagnosis without consent is another issue.
You mean like, George Noory has head in ass syndrome complicated by malformations of character? And rash on his sack?

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 20, 2013, 08:22:38 PM
You mean like, George Noory has head in ass syndrome complicated by malformations of character? And rash on his sack?
I believe it is only illegal to disclose if it is not general knowledge. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 20, 2013, 01:08:46 PM

Perhaps someone could call the station. You know, get a comment from someone there as to his status.

Hell....I`ll do it

Please, Fight the Future....would you?  I am soooo worried.

VtaGeezer

OTOH...knowing Noory's record as a straight-up guy, this may simply be the sign that PRN has axed George Knapp because he won't follow the far right script. He'll just drop off; like so many Noory guests after a break. We've mentioned the possibility here for quite a while. Or maybe GK (or his TV employers) thought it better to clear away from the increasingly virulent C2C trend that could potentially affect his TV work.  He's certainly the odd man out on C2C...the only C2C host who runs a consistently good show, and can attract listeners with two eyebrows and an IQ above room temperature.

b_dubb

Going to listen to Coast just to get an update

aldousburbank

COMING OUT OF THE NAVAJO NATION LIKE A SCORPiON ARMY

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 21, 2013, 12:09:11 AM
COMING OUT OF THE NAVAJO NATION LIKE A SCORPiON ARMY

SLAMMING into your frown, into your gnome...

Gd5150

I missed the beginning of the show. I take it there were no updates?

georgesucks

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 21, 2013, 12:37:26 AM
I missed the beginning of the show. I take it there were no updates?
I have not heard anything new yet.