• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

FallenSeraph

â€" JESUS CHRIST â€" A STICK MAN IN TENNESSEE! I did not need to hear this as I'm trying to fall asleep (in Tennessee) alone in this big old creaky house. (My parents are out of town, so I've been off caregiver duty all weekend. Bliss.)

â€" The guy who talks to Azrael: Azrael is an Islamic archangel, actually the angel of death, but hey, if the guy's talking to him on a regular basis, it must not be his time yet. When it is, at least he'll be on good terms with Az when they take that journey together.

I for one feel a strong affinity to the Archangel Michael, for reasons I won't get into here, mainly because I feel like I share too much on this forum and I'm worried that it annoys people. I don't want to be "the annoying person on the BellGab forum" but it might be too late. Suffice it to say that I believe his intervention saved my life.

â€" Geometric shapes that answer deep questions: This part of the discussion tripped me out. I've been participating in this Music4ESP study by brain researcher (and occasional C2C guest) Neil Slade, who believes he's discovered a way to create music that unlocks and heightens intuition and extra-sensory perception abilities. The study consisted of listening to five test music downloads, one at a time for four consecutive days before moving on to the next one, and noting any experiences during or up to 72 hours after listening to each one.

(The research is over, but if you want to give it a whirl for kicks, read all about it here -- http://www.neilslade.com/SESP.html -- and then download the test music samples here -- http://www.neilslade.com/music4esp.html. )

After I listened to the sample for Test 1, I swear for the rest of the day I saw glowing geometric shapes flashing in the air that tripped me out. Sometimes they were accompanied by numbers. I NEVER THOUGHT TO ASK THEM QUESTIONS THOUGH! Dammit. This effect lasted for about a day, followed by a very vivid dream of looking up at a full moon with rings around it and seeing the same shapes and numbers in the sky. Since then, I've listened to the Test 1 music download a couple more times and it hasn't happened again. Bummer.

â€" I'm gonna buy Steiger's book. Anyone that talks seriously, studiously and coherently about fairies, gnomes, elves, stickmen, angels, wise shapes, etc. is a hero in my book. I SO want those things to exist, all of them.

nbirnes

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 20, 2014, 02:17:02 AM
â€" JESUS CHRIST â€" A STICK MAN IN TENNESSEE! I did not need to hear this as I'm trying to fall asleep (in Tennessee) alone in this big old creaky house. (My parents are out of town, so I've been off caregiver duty all weekend. Bliss.)

â€" The guy who talks to Azrael: Azrael is an Islamic archangel, actually the angel of death, but hey, if the guy's talking to him on a regular basis, it must not be his time yet. When it is, at least he'll be on good terms with Az when they take that journey together.

I for one feel a strong affinity to the Archangel Michael, for reasons I won't get into here, mainly because I feel like I share too much on this forum and I'm worried that it annoys people. I don't want to be "the annoying person on the BellGab forum" but it might be too late. Suffice it to say that I believe his intervention saved my life.

â€" Geometric shapes that answer deep questions: This part of the discussion tripped me out. I've been participating in this Music4ESP study by brain researcher (and occasional C2C guest) Neil Slade, who believes he's discovered a way to create music that unlocks and heightens intuition and extra-sensory perception abilities. The study consisted of listening to five test music downloads, one at a time for four consecutive days before moving on to the next one, and noting any experiences during or up to 72 hours after listening to each one.

(The research is over, but if you want to give it a whirl for kicks, read all about it here -- http://www.neilslade.com/SESP.html -- and then download the test music samples here -- http://www.neilslade.com/music4esp.html. )

After I listened to the sample for Test 1, I swear for the rest of the day I saw glowing geometric shapes flashing in the air that tripped me out. Sometimes they were accompanied by numbers. I NEVER THOUGHT TO ASK THEM QUESTIONS THOUGH! Dammit. This effect lasted for about a day, followed by a very vivid dream of looking up at a full moon with rings around it and seeing the same shapes and numbers in the sky. Since then, I've listened to the Test 1 music download a couple more times and it hasn't happened again. Bummer.

â€" I'm gonna buy Steiger's book. Anyone that talks seriously, studiously and coherently about fairies, gnomes, elves, stickmen, angels, wise shapes, etc. is a hero in my book. I SO want those things to exist, all of them.

I can't wait to try that link! Meanwhile, let me share a perhaps equally mind-bending link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuTt7c3Jkg&list=FL4EHHJWS8GzQqTvpjCqLezA

It's part 1 of 4 parts, and the cinematography is just so delicious.

FallenSeraph

One thing I like about both Knapp and Wells is that they take their bumper music seriously and recognize the fact that most of us who listen are also (probably) pretty passionate about music as well, being intellectual explorers and creative types and all that. They both also occasionally explain why they picked or like a particular selection, and I think this is pretty cool of them.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: nbirnes on January 20, 2014, 02:25:02 AM
I can't wait to try that link! Meanwhile, let me share a perhaps equally mind-bending link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuTt7c3Jkg&list=FL4EHHJWS8GzQqTvpjCqLezA

oh VERY COOL -- thank you for sharing!

zeebo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 20, 2014, 02:26:05 AM
One thing I like about both Knapp and Wells is that they take their bumper music seriously and recognize the fact that most of us who listen are also (probably) pretty passionate about music as well, being intellectual explorers and creative types and all that. They both also occasionally explain why they picked or like a particular selection, and I think this is pretty cool of them.

I've mentioned this before and agree wholeheartedly.  It just shows they care and are enthusiastic, which goes along way for me. 

Btw I liked that Knapp played Springsteen's "Human Touch", not just because I like that album (along with it's close cousin "Lucky Town"), but because it's not the most obvious song of his to play.  Also he seemed to have a real connection to it which is cool, as opposed to other detached zombie hosts that just put on that same friggin Scorpions ballad every night.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ZHero on January 20, 2014, 01:28:04 AM
Lol, good one. :D.    Now Steiger said he was with BLEACH drinking aliens.  I wonder could he talk Noory into drinking some?  ;)

When I was a child I had grand mal seizures that went away as suddenly as they came upon me. I don't know why. Everyone around me knew to take out an ammonia ampoule to revive me after a seizure, because sometimes they would be so violent that I would either hit my head and pass out or just pass out.
But one day in the summer on July 4th, I popped what I thought was a butterscotch lozenge in my mouth. By mistake I put one of my ammonia ampoules in my mouth instead and chomped down on it. My friend Charles went frantic and we both desperately looked for a drugstore that was open, which was almost impossible to find open on that holiday in Washington DC. We found one open and a druggist gave me an antidote at no charge which he said if I hadn't gotten there in time, I would have lost my voice permanently. I was 8 at the time. My doctors later thought it had been brought on my a sudden vision change but despite numerous tests they never did figure out why the came on or why they went away. Years later as an adult, I had nerve spikes that had the same effect but which were not severe. I suspect the bout with pneumonia and the high fever involved ( 107 ) and my being prounced dead did something somewhere in my brain which later led to the seizures. Haven't had them in years and had to hassle with the dmv in order to drive a car when I got my first license.

So I wouldn't recommend drinking bleach, even Noory.
There's a reason we don't breathe methane, chlorine, flourine or ammonia, though there might be some weird beings out there somewhere who can.

zeebo

....I feel like I share too much on this forum and I'm worried that it annoys people. I don't want to be "the annoying person on the BellGab forum" but it might be too late.

Hell I used to have some restraint but nowadays I spew the insides of my mind here on almost a daily basis.  In any case you're one of my favorite posters, so yeah, no worries.  :)

Falkie2013

Quote from: zeebo on January 20, 2014, 03:02:13 AM
Hell I used to have some restraint but nowadays I spew the insides of my mind here on almost a daily basis.  In any case you're one of my favorite posters, so yeah, no worries.  :)

Seraphim's one of my favorite posters too and she and her family should have nothing but happiness, flowers and rainbows happen to them.
I'm sure others love her here as well.

Huge huge for her too !

littlechris

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 20, 2014, 02:57:45 AM
When I was a child I had grand mal seizures that went away as suddenly as they came upon me. I don't know why. Everyone around me knew to take out an ammonia ampoule to revive me after a seizure, because sometimes they would be so violent that I would either hit my head and pass out or just pass out.
But one day in the summer on July 4th, I popped what I thought was a butterscotch lozenge in my mouth. By mistake I put one of my ammonia ampoules in my mouth instead and chomped down on it. My friend Charles went frantic and we both desperately looked for a drugstore that was open, which was almost impossible to find open on that holiday in Washington DC. We found one open and a druggist gave me an antidote at no charge which he said if I hadn't gotten there in time, I would have lost my voice permanently. I was 8 at the time. My doctors later thought it had been brought on my a sudden vision change but despite numerous tests they never did figure out why the came on or why they went away. Years later as an adult, I had nerve spikes that had the same effect but which were not severe. I suspect the bout with pneumonia and the high fever involved ( 107 ) and my being prounced dead did something somewhere in my brain which later led to the seizures. Haven't had them in years and had to hassle with the dmv in order to drive a car when I got my first license.

There's a reason we don't breathe methane, chlorine, flourine or ammonia, though there might be some weird beings out there somewhere who can.

Bart Ell, Bart Ell, where art thou Bart Ell??

Morgus

Interestingly at the start of the show tonight George Knapp mentioned he wasn't sure what he had early on and thought from the pain it might have been kidneystones, which is what John Wells reported weeks ago, so thats how he got that info. But Knapp learned that was wrong later on when he finally could get to a doctor.

Falkie2013

Quote from: nbirnes on January 20, 2014, 02:25:02 AM

Here's the corrected link for that video.

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds - Part 1 - Akasha

Its very cool.

nbirnes

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 20, 2014, 03:36:00 AM
Here's the corrected link for that video.

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds - Part 1 - Akasha

Its very cool.

Thanks! Very nice set of links, above, too.

ZHero

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 20, 2014, 02:57:45 AM

Well then, if there is a chance Nooron could lose his voice permanently, then I DO Recommend he guzzle a GALLON of ammonia or Bleach!

Falkie2013

Quote from: nbirnes on January 20, 2014, 03:41:08 AM
Thanks! Very nice set of links, above, too.

I look up a lot of stuff that authors talk about on Coast and provide the links for those who may have not heard of the mention or issue.

I have one personal puzzle I can't figure out and wonder if its just me or does this happen to anyone else ?

I took a nap earlier and turned off the tv using the blue ray remote. I had been watching the NFL playoffs earlier. When I got up I couldn't find the comcast remote so I turned the tv off and started doing more cleaning, dusting and rearraging the paranormal shelves in preparation of doing a video.
But I looked around and couldn't find the remote.
Later after I cleaned and dusted I finally saw it. It was sitting on top of the wicker basket where I keep the current paranormal and financial magazines. Yet I hadn't seen it.
Do these things blend into the background or is it some kind of tunnel vision that you don't see it even when you're looking for it ?

I'm cleaning up in here on a daily basis. I've got a lot of catchup to do and have about 80% of the bedroom done and 80% of the living room as well. If he wants to come over, I will invite Aldous over when we go to lunch, with the codicil that I'm not done yet.
Though it will all be done by the first week of next month. I couldn't believe how much junk was in the bedroom which I have now tossed out or recycled. Things pile up when you're sick or can't see.

My Fuzzy cat spends all day and night sleeping on the tv chair, which is now hers and I've not been able to vacuum because she's never heard the vaccuum and she frightens easily. She's so sweet I don't have the heart to subject her to the noise because I know she'd freak out. She now runs up the hall and squeaks at me as if to say she thinks I disappear when I go into the bedroom or the kitchen. She LOVES to have her fuzzy tummy rubbed too and will lie there and just knead and knead, sometimes even on her own. Shes gotten so pudgy but is soooooo cute !

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 20, 2014, 03:09:42 AM
Seraphim's one of my favorite posters too and she and her family should have nothing but happiness, flowers and rainbows happen to them.

Huge huge for her too !

Yes to this, and don't forget the unicorns. Unicorns with wings, natch.

I don't know who is soulless enough to be annoyed by your posts, Seraphim, but it isn't me. You keep on keeping on. There's a scroll function for anyone who doesn't want to read your posts.

Quoteâ€" Geometric shapes that answer deep questions

This is kind of interesting because I had bouts of very low blood pressure some years ago, usually in the summer. One unusual side effect, besides vertigo,  was seeing geometric shapes, like floaters I suppose, but much larger. I still don't know the meaning of life, though, as they were inscrutable geometric shapes. Bummer.

I don't want to be "the annoying person on the BellGab forum" but it might be too late.

No way. Not even close!  I always look forward to your posts.  :)

^^^^ this^^^^

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 20, 2014, 03:09:42 AM

Huge huge for her too !

^^^^this^^^^

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 20, 2014, 05:31:08 AM
I don't know who is soulless enough to be annoyed by your posts, Seraphim, but it isn't me. You keep on keeping on. There's a scroll function for anyone who doesn't want to read your posts.

^^^^this^^^^

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 20, 2014, 05:24:12 AM
Yes to this, and don't forget the unicorns. Unicorns with wings, natch.

^^^^and a bunch of this^^^^

Juan

I for one feel a strong affinity to the Archangel Michael,
Michael, the patron saint of journalism.  I kept his icon on my desk in the newsroom.

Quote from: faulkie2013
Do these things blend into the background or is it some kind of tunnel vision that you don't see it even when you're looking for it ?
These things have cloaking devices.

aldousburbank

Falkie, on the MK-Ultra thang. Yes, quiet weapons for silent wars. The only battle American civilians have been witness to, for over 50 years, unknowingly. To say I'm interested in the subject is like saying I'm interested in California- I'm not, but you and I are both in it brother. Drugs are a part of it, but only the tip of the iceberg. It's about consciousness, what we give attention to, what we ignore. This battle is only won by knowing there is one. I have been an insurgent for some time, which does not make for pleasant conservation. As cheezy as "They Live" is, it is a comical introduction/metaphor to the fact that we're so much psychic fodder on an electro-sub-conscious battlefield.

And for those of us who've learned to read the code and/or have dyslexic propensities, it is disturbingly ironic that A R T is implicated in the pogram's acronym. Heh.

Nebraska888

Agreed!   It was just so great to listen to Knapp last night!   ;D

Nebraska888

Agreed!  Both of you continue to POST AWAY!!!  Please!

ItsOver

Yes, I definitely give credit to both Knapp and Wells for taking the bumper music seriously, even though Well's taste doesn't match my mine, most of the time.  At least it's different. 

And Noory?  His bumper music is as bad as the rest of his mess and he has no interest in it.  Of course, he always has a lame excuse.  "I'm not a DJ."  Yeah, well you're not a talk show host either.   After all, Noory's the one that blesses everybody with the submerging artist torture every month.  :P

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on January 20, 2014, 12:15:11 PM
Yes, I definitely give credit to both Knapp and Wells for taking the bumper music seriously, even though Well's taste doesn't match my mine, most of the time.  At least it's different. 

And Noory?  His bumper music is as bad as the rest of his mess and he has no interest in it.  Of course, he always has a lame excuse.  "I'm not a DJ."  Yeah, well you're not a talk show host either.   After all, Noory's the one that blesses everybody with the submerging artist torture every month.  :P

Agreed......well said.

Also, if Wells would choose interesting material for program topics, I could listen!  His topics are sooooo BORING or WACKO.

No Name Storm

It was sooo nice listening to George Knapp last night. It was like Heaven! It just made me realize what a piece of crap we have in Snooron. So glad I am able to not have to listen to Snooron anymore. I only listen on Sundays now when Knapp is on and anytime I find out Dave Schrader is doing a show.

Goodbye, Snooron. You deserve to be nowhere. Because you suck beyond human comprehension. You must be in real deep with the elite rich masters you are working for.

Nebraska888

Quote from: No Name Storm on January 20, 2014, 12:55:01 PM
It was sooo nice listening to George Knapp last night. It was like Heaven! It just made me realize what a piece of crap we have in Snooron. So glad I am able to not have to listen to Snooron anymore. I only listen on Sundays now when Knapp is on and anytime I find out Dave Schrader is doing a show.

Goodbye, Snooron. You deserve to be nowhere. Because you suck beyond human comprehension. You must be in real deep with the elite rich masters you are working for.

I know.........Knapp is so damned good. 

b_dubb

Roseanne Barr is a nutter

Amen to that! Music sets the tone or mood of the show. JBW plays trippy music that sets the mood very well. Mushmouth plays god-awful music. The ballads are HORRIBLE. Lucky to be loving you??? Lucky I haven't rammed sharp pencils in both ears after listening to that song.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2014, 12:59:28 PM
Roseanne Barr is a nutter sexy beast.

Fixed.

Not really.

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on January 20, 2014, 12:59:28 PM
Roseanne Barr is a nutter

That doesn't really separate her from the herd.

Heather Wade

Knapp's show last night was wonderful.  Like rain to the parched desert.
He was sharp, quick, and all over the place with the paranormal/ UFO topics.  I fell absolutely in love with this guy.  I've been waiting to have a chance hear him, and it was worth the wait to hear a real talk show host.  The guest did monologue quite a bit, but, the topic was keeping my attention through to the end of the show.

I was amazed, and speechless.  Now I see why everyone says he should take over Coast.  He really should.  Nooron sounds like a daycare attendant compared to Knapp.  Sunday just became cool.  Hope he's on next week, too.

Wow.