• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Quote from: ItsOver on November 25, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
+1.  I lasted through the guys talking about the "Mexico Roswell."  It seemed as if they hardly got started before George was telling them bye.  The first guest just sounded like a wacko making stuff up, more so than usual.  I could have done without her.

Agreed. It sounded good in theory, but after those long, long commercials, there's very little time to go into depth with the interesting stories. The first guest was a new one for me, but her story was so totally off the wall, there was no possibility of suspending belief for 30 seconds. I did enjoy the Mexican Roswell, though.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on November 25, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
+1.  I lasted through the guys talking about the "Mexico Roswell."  It seemed as if they hardly got started before George was telling them bye.  The first guest just sounded like a wacko making stuff up, more so than usual.  I could have done without her.

Yeah first guest just kinda bummed me out.  She was rather blasé about having zipped off to the moon several times.

And yeah the guest-per-hour format was suboptimal ... it was like one of Noory's split shows, divided by 2.

Nebraska888

Knapp can have all of these guests back for a full program.  No problem......it got lots of us INTERESTED!   ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 25, 2013, 04:35:17 PM
Agreed. It sounded good in theory, but after those long, long commercials, there's very little time to go into depth with the interesting stories. The first guest was a new one for me, but her story was so totally off the wall, there was no possibility of suspending belief for 30 seconds. I did enjoy the Mexican Roswell, though.

A little disappointed George had the two "Mexican Roswell" authors on, they've shown themselves to be at best indifferent researchers.  They did a book detailing a UFO crash on the US/Mexican border as witnessed by a USAF "fighter (F-86) pilot" in the 50s. As I read the book I took two legal pad pages of notes on multiple inaccuracies/inconsistencies/errors, issues anyone with a background in military aviation would have identified easily.  Also noted the authors had not vetted the "pilot", had made no effort to obtain copies of his releasable records from thr US Military Records Center in St. Louis to confirm his service record.

I sent a series of comments/questions to the authors, but received no reply.  Sometime later I read the witness was not only not a pilot, but wasn't even in the USAF at the time of the alleged crash. (He had been an officer in the Civil Air Patrol, an auxillary of the Air Force.)  After such poor research and lack of verification of critical data, hard to see how these two can be taken seriously with any future efforts

FallenSeraph

So I'm just getting around to listening to Hour 3 of Knapp's UFO Extravaganza and I've reached "the Greys gave my girlfriend an abortion" part of the segment.

I have no words.

zeebo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 27, 2013, 03:24:40 PM
So I'm just getting around to listening to Hour 3 of Knapp's UFO Extravaganza and I've reached "the Greys gave my girlfriend an abortion" part of the segment.

I have no words.

Yeah and he's still friends with her on Facebook, which, I dunno just, um, jeez what do you say.

zeebo

What's the deal with Knapp, why is he not on every Sun. night?  I need a radio crutch to lean on in these dark times.  Instead, tonite we get that other George.

ZHero

Doesn't Knapp have a full time job with a local news station in the Vegas area?

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2013, 08:00:44 PM
What's the deal with Knapp, why is he not on every Sun. night?  I need a radio crutch to lean on in these dark times.  Instead, tonite we get that other George.
Knapp has his regular full time TV reporter gig in Las Vegas and he is often out of town on assignment.
So he can only do a couple Sundays a month for c2c.
Noory takes the first Sunday and John B. Wells takes the second Sunday of each month.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2013, 08:53:18 PM
Knapp has his regular full time TV reporter gig in Las Vegas and he is often out of town on assignment.
So he can only do a couple Sundays a month for c2c.
Noory takes the first Sunday and John B. Wells takes the second Sunday of each month.

Thanks for the info Morgus.  Oh well. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2013, 08:00:44 PM

BUMMER........ :'(

tensy

Quote from: FM451 on November 18, 2013, 02:10:38 PM
Another fine show by Mr. Knapp!  Glad I had Monday off, and could listen to the whole show. Like the Paulides shows, I'm going to download this one, and add it to my MP3 player for another listen.   ;D

Google:
U.S. Park Police
Does the FBI investigate Missing Persons
Learn who's job it is to investigate and keep records.  No mystery here.

Google David Paulides arrest
Google paradoxical undressing
Google Search and rescue missing persons

After downloading the show, give David $45 of your hard earned dollars for his self published book (no real publisher would touch it)

FallenSeraph

Quote from: tensy on December 03, 2013, 12:27:34 PM
Google:
U.S. Park Police

After downloading the show, give David $45 of your hard earned dollars for his self published book (no real publisher would touch it)

I think I've read some of your comments on Amazon and other blogs and forums about Paulides and, if so, I think you made some valid points.

Nebraska888

Take your naps today...........Knapp night!   Can't wait!   ;)

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 15, 2013, 02:41:55 PM
Take your naps today...........Knapp night!   Can't wait!   ;)

Yes! It's Knapp Night!

Looks to be a fun show, too.

Nebraska888

Quote from: FightTheFuture on December 15, 2013, 04:34:02 PM

Yes! It's Knapp Night!

Looks to be a fun show, too.

Yes, it DOES look like a good show!!!!   8)

Gd5150

Quote from: tensy on December 03, 2013, 12:27:34 PM
Google:
U.S. Park Police

I did and it was a great book. Looking forward to buying missing 411 eastern us. 1st I'm buying tribal Bigfoot. Paulides is by far the more entertaining and interesting guest on c2c in the last decade.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 15, 2013, 10:55:56 PM
I did and it was a great book. Looking forward to buying missing 411 eastern us. 1st I'm buying tribal Bigfoot. Paulides is by far the more entertaining and interesting guest on c2c in the last decade.

I too loved Paulides interviews. Sadly, Uncle Duke and tensy's post awoke me from my dogmatic slumbers. Now I think he's blowing smoke up everyone's ass to sell a few books --- just like Michael Hare Krishna Cremo.

He had some voice inflections which bothered me, too, even before I found out about his history. He would begin his reply to a direct question by saying, "So. . . " as in "So, it turns out that. . ." I didn't like it.

georgesucks

Replay: Odd Disappearances
Sun 12-15

Tonight's show is a replay from 3/25/12, when George Knapp was joined for the full four hours by David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, for a discussion on a series of weird and odd disappearances in U.S. national parks and forests that no one can explain.

Note: The live show with Colin and Synthia Andrews will be rescheduled.

DanTSX

Quote from: c337pilot on December 15, 2013, 11:12:08 PM
Replay: Odd Disappearances
Sun 12-15

Tonight's show is a replay from 3/25/12, when George Knapp was joined for the full four hours by David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, for a discussion on a series of weird and odd disappearances in U.S. national parks and forests that no one can explain.

Note: The live show with Colin and Synthia Andrews will be rescheduled.

John B Wells is going to be an Odd disappearance  8)

georgesucks

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2013, 11:17:33 PM
John B Wells is going to be an Odd disappearance  8)
Im no fan of John B Wells. John B Wells is on Alex Jones show a lot lately. I blame John B for helping Coast become Infowars.com at night. At least George Knapp does his homework before each show and covers many topics like Art Bell but with his own twist. I wish Mr Knapp could work on more shows on Coast but I do understand that Mr Knapp has a "day job" on Klas Tv in Las Vegas.

zeebo

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 15, 2013, 11:00:33 PM
I too loved Paulides interviews. Sadly, Uncle Duke and tensy's post awoke me from my dogmatic slumbers....

Aw man, I'm still trying to cling to mine, this state of semi-consciousness being so damn cozy.  I hate it when that reality alarm clock goes off sometimes - where's the snooze button I wonder.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: zeebo on December 15, 2013, 11:52:11 PM
Aw man, I'm still trying to cling to mine, this state of semi-consciousness being so damn cozy.  I hate it when that reality alarm clock goes off sometimes - where's the snooze button I wonder.

I think Michio Kaku is making shit up, too.

[attachimg=1]

zeebo

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 15, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
I think Michio Kaku is making shit up, too.

Haha probaby, his ideas have such crazy math attached to them no one would ever know.

zeebo

wtf, it's a replay ??

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on December 16, 2013, 12:08:34 AM
wtf, it's a replay ??
I blame Noory for doing more black magic to kick George Knapp's live show off the air like a few times before and then the network has to use an old replay instead tonight...  :P

I've never heard a Knapp replay, if he's got nothing he could always do open lines and rant on UFO disclosure.
I hope nothing happened to Knapp.

Morgus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 16, 2013, 12:55:19 AM
I've never heard a Knapp replay, if he's got nothing he could always do open lines and rant on UFO disclosure.
I hope nothing happened to Knapp.
Its happened before with George Knapp - technical problems at his local Las Vegas radio station studio and the network switches to an old replay.

Designx

Somehow I'm not surprised when they replay a Knapp show the topic would be about missing persons. I guess I'm happy it's not the mafia or JFK again... when I listen to Knapp I feel like I'm being sucked into a 1960's Vegas.