• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ZHero

Knappy's guest keeps saying " they were pitching their tents..". He he he ;D. Guess I watched too much Beavis and Butthead when I was younger.

Good show by Knapp tonight. I have to tune into Dark Weekend to hear more of this story. The guest wasn't taking the UFOs or Yeti bait though.

A frantic lady called and asked the guest to research the gulags. The guest tried to say that had already been done, but you try to say 'Solzhenitsyn' before a frantic guest. No chance.
I actually have several books on Mao camps (in Asia he is called Moe Tack Toe-they don't recognize the name Mao Tse Tung).

Nebraska888

Great Sunday night listening!  Knapp put Noory to shame in his interview about this Russian mystery.  Once again, Knapp is a pro who DOES HIS HOMEWORK!

FallenSeraph

It was good stuff. I want to read the guy's book now, along with a couple others on the topic. The Dyatlov Pass could become one of my new favorite "I must research this thing obsessively" topics.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bateman on November 17, 2013, 05:16:19 PM
Mmm, get ready for the numbers lady next.

(Not really. Never happening.)

(BEGGING you to interview the Numbers Lady! And Evelyn. PLEASE!)

yumyumtree

This was a very good show. And I'm one of the minority here who doesn't like Knapp that much.
These secret histories and mysteries are my favorite Coast to Coast topics.

Nebraska888

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 18, 2013, 12:07:13 PM
This was a very good show. And I'm one of the minority here who doesn't like Knapp that much.
These secret histories and mysteries are my favorite Coast to Coast topics.

Absolutely.....I love the histories/mysteries programs too!

FM451

Another fine show by Mr. Knapp!  Glad I had Monday off, and could listen to the whole show. Like the Paulides shows, I'm going to download this one, and add it to my MP3 player for another listen.   ;D

ZHero

Quote from: FM451 on November 18, 2013, 02:10:38 PM
Another fine show by Mr. Knapp!  Glad I had Monday off, and could listen to the whole show. Like the Paulides shows, I'm going to download this one, and add it to my MP3 player for another listen.   ;D

Awesome show. I stayed up and recorded it using Audacity.  The only thing I wish Knapp would have done differently was give the guest the whole 4 hours.  I'm just not a big fan of open lines.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 18, 2013, 07:52:02 AM
Great Sunday night listening!  Knapp put Noory to shame in his interview about this Russian mystery.  Once again, Knapp is a pro who DOES HIS HOMEWORK!

Really enjoyed this show too!  The first c2c show I've listened to from start to finish for a loooong time.  Interesting topic, knowledgable guest, and of course, great host Knapp who is well-prepared, listens to his guests, and has clear and relevant questions. 

Gemstone

Quote from: zeebo on November 18, 2013, 03:34:55 PM
Really enjoyed this show too!  The first c2c show I've listened to from start to finish for a loooong time.  Interesting topic, knowledgable guest, and of course, great host Knapp who is well-prepared, listens to his guests, and has clear and relevant questions.
I agree!! What a complete treat.  I do have to admit since joining this forum I listen to Dave on the hopes that Bateman will make one of his classic calls.  Still giggling over the product "Colon Blow".

bateman

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 18, 2013, 08:02:08 AM
(BEGGING you to interview the Numbers Lady! And Evelyn. PLEASE!)

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 18, 2013, 07:16:58 AM
Good show by Knapp tonight. I have to tune into Dark Weekend to hear more of this story. The guest wasn't taking the UFOs or Yeti bait though.

A frantic lady called and asked the guest to research the gulags. The guest tried to say that had already been done, but you try to say 'Solzhenitsyn' before a frantic guest. No chance.
I actually have several books on Mao camps (in Asia he is called Moe Tack Toe-they don't recognize the name Mao Tse Tung).

He actually went into a lot of detail on the UFO angle with me.. Show will be posted in the next day or so. Sidenote: I will probably also do a North Korean or Chinese prison camp segment in the near future.

Quote from: Gemstone on November 18, 2013, 06:45:17 PM
I agree!! What a complete treat.  I do have to admit since joining this forum I listen to Dave on the hopes that Bateman will make one of his classic calls.  Still giggling over the product "Colon Blow".

Heh heh heh.

bateman

Keith McCloskey's interview with me here. Enjoy.

Ravenna

I need to know, though:  is this interview really CREEPY?  I'd like to feel that there is more than a strong hint of something paranormal involved with this mystery, more so than it was just some bizarre accident.

zeebo

Knappster's got a wall-to-wall ufo special tonite, sounds pretty good, I'll probably check it out.

Knop's at his very best with UFO shows. He's done the research, knows what to ask and never gets in the way of the guest. I'm looking forward to tonight's show.

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 24, 2013, 07:53:32 PM
Knop's at his very best with UFO shows. He's done the research, knows what to ask and never gets in the way of the guest. I'm looking forward to tonight's show.

I would really like to listen to Knapp. I won't however visit a premier station. Yeah, I lose... I know.

Quote from: onan on November 24, 2013, 07:58:43 PM
I would really like to listen to Knapp. I won't however visit a premier station. Yeah, I lose... I know.

*furtive glance* try U-yay Ube-Tay tomorrow.  :-X ;)

Btw, I meant to type Knapp, not Knop. Stupid autocorrect.

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 24, 2013, 08:24:11 PM
*furtive glance* try U-yay Ube-Tay tomorrow.  :-X ;)

Btw, I meant to type Knapp, not Knop. Stupid autocorrect.

Yeah... I know about that... for some reason youtube gives me rashes when accessing shows...

Quote from: onan on November 24, 2013, 08:41:05 PM
Yeah... I know about that... for some reason youtube gives me rashes when accessing shows...

I was going to say that's because so much of the content is lousy, but thought better of it, pitchforks and torches you know.

ZHero

YAYYYY!  Knapp and UFOs tonight!  The world is a happy place.  I'll be taking some naps tommorrow! ;D

Nebraska888

Quote from: ZHero on November 24, 2013, 09:56:25 PM
YAYYYY!  Knapp and UFOs tonight!  The world is a happy place.  I'll be taking some naps tommorrow! ;D

I am right with you!  Knapp rocks!    ;D

FallenSeraph

Quote from: onan on November 24, 2013, 07:58:43 PM

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Aa4AqsrLBTbHZaU2JOeHhHNFU&usp=sharing

See if that works.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 25, 2013, 09:10:31 AM
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Aa4AqsrLBTbHZaU2JOeHhHNFU&usp=sharing

See if that works.

Well, it won't work on my Mac for some reason. I had to get some sleep though its freezing in my apartment.

I usually try to listen to Knapp whenever I can.
>:(

I don't think last night was Knapp's best show. He must be trying to squeeze in people before the year ends. The show felt rushed. This works fine for Wells but not for Knapp. With Knapp I felt slightly disoriented; not enough depth to the topics.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 09:44:32 AM
Well, it won't work on my Mac for some reason. I had to get some sleep though its freezing in my apartment.

I usually try to listen to Knapp whenever I can.
>:(

Here you go - they're also here on MediaFire.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/07e2z7hh70710/C2C%2011_25_13

I use a Mac too. And yeah these won't play on Safari, but they will on Firefox. You can also download them. Let me know if you have problems accessing them. Shoot, the GoogleDrive ones should be downloadable too. :\

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 25, 2013, 12:14:10 PM
I don't think last night was Knapp's best show. He must be trying to squeeze in people before the year ends. The show felt rushed. This works fine for Wells but not for Knapp. With Knapp I felt slightly disoriented; not enough depth to the topics.

Yeah, that guest-per-hour thing was kind of frenetic.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 25, 2013, 12:14:10 PM

+1.  I lasted through the guys talking about the "Mexico Roswell."  It seemed as if they hardly got started before George was telling them bye.  The first guest just sounded like a wacko making stuff up, more so than usual.  I could have done without her.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on November 25, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
+1.  I lasted through the guys talking about the "Mexico Roswell."  It seemed as if they hardly got started before George was telling them bye.  The first guest just sounded like a wacko making stuff up, more so than usual.  I could have done without her.

Blecchh, I felt the same way.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on November 25, 2013, 01:49:08 PM
Yeah I thought the rapid one guest per hour and move on too soon was Noory's thing, not Knapps.
I prefer an in depth 3-4 hour interview with the interesting guests.
At least Knapp didn't have any callers in the entire show last night.