• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

sydtron

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:00:34 PM
Coast to Coast AM was NOT my show and there are certain rules and ways to handle things there. When I was ME I was often put back in place to be a part of the team and fall in step. I respect that, it is like being a counter helper at McDonalds, then filling in for a night as lead waiter at Chez Paul, same kind of job, different expectations.

DS

Back to the show!

Heh. Chez Paul...

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 16, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
I'm finally here and ready to listen to good Dave.

Good show tonight.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 16, 2018, 11:25:06 PM
It's in settings, and the country selector is in the search bar after you turn it on, last time I used it.  :)

I think it was in settings/privacy

https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn

Smooth. And he never even asked how you knew he was using Opera. <whew>

# cat5ecams

trostol

alright..work comes earlier than i would like..so good night folks

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 16, 2018, 11:24:16 PM
The model for success is basically the same as it was in the late 90's when Art was at his peak.  Yes, we are more cynical now but as long as there are quality guests for the show, there will be no problem.  Just do the subjects that made Art great.  I also like true crime and love history.  And yes to Cthultu and Lovecraft.
I want a show on feuds. Like the mountain folk have. And why mountain folk everywhere have them. And why those folks even when emigrate go to mountain areas and feud. Fact. Balkans, Appalachia, Scotland, Hill Country, etc. Weird.

Also show on gypsies, travellers, tinkers, etc. Sub-cultures that still exist with their wiles.

Dyna-X

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:00:34 PM
Coast to Coast AM was NOT my show and there are certain rules and ways to handle things there. When I was ME I was often put back in place to be a part of the team and fall in step. I respect that, it is like being a counter helper at McDonalds, then filling in for a night as lead waiter at Chez Paul, same kind of job, different expectations.

DS

Back to the show!
I get it now. I confess at one point when your name was brought up, I had said you were kind of "vanilla," meaning I didn't recall anything bad, but nothing standout either. Now you are more gourmet.

dsz

Quote from: DeadDogsEye on May 16, 2018, 11:25:14 PM
He said "cum fucking bitch" on the air about some congresswoman. She's being broadcast LIVE on KCAA!

She's probably having a colorful talk with him right now.

Has anyone been listening to them to see if they dumped?

Did Dave put Adair up to that?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think ufology has been done to death though.  If there is a good newly revealed story out there, of course do a show on it but I think we've heard enough about Roswell for the time being.

popple

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 16, 2018, 11:06:11 PM
Taken from LNM discord

ufogoblin - Today at 1:03 AM
Art's soul has definitely taken up residence within heather. and this may be controversial but i do believe that heather is entitled to his property now because of that.. but she probably wont take it, too humble

So I guess Art's widow and children are entitled to nothing.

CLAWS OFF THE CARTOUCHE!

GravitySucks

Quote from: WinWinS on May 16, 2018, 11:27:03 PM
another topic that is fascinating is collective conscience/thinking

Yes. Noone ever publishes recent hits or misses for the Princeton eggs. For example, what did they do around noon eastern on 4/13/2018.

Winamp volume up to max now on LMN audio feed. It does have a non-chrome cassette hiss.
Total suckage.

Quote from: trostol on May 16, 2018, 11:28:15 PM
Night fam.

Quote from: albrecht on May 16, 2018, 11:28:48 PM
I want a show on feuds. Like the mountain folk have. And why mountain folk everywhere have them. And why those folks even when emigrate go to mountain areas and feud. Fact. Balkans, Appalachia, Scotland, Hill Country, etc. Weird.

Also show on gypsies, travellers, tinkers, etc. Sub-cultures that still exist with their wiles.

Great idea!

Belles

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 16, 2018, 11:26:21 PM
So I guess before there was an internet they coukd reuse nicknames for killeds. They in fact did call that Deer Park guy Candy Man as well. I had moved away from here for a few months and then joinedbthe air for e so I wasn’t here in Oct 74
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Clark_O'Bryan

I didn't remember that they called Dean Corril the candy man too. I have read all about him and Elmer Wayne Henley. I live in the area also.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 11:26:35 PM
It's great...so easy to change your nickname too. Baby Joey...ha

These folks drank the Kool aid.... Jesus... Vara tweeting shit to Keith.

dsz

You know who else loves collective conscience? Here's her email for you...

heather@artbelllegacy.com

Ghost Nutter

At least heather wade has bumper music that doesn't sound like something out of a bad dance club

Zenman

Yes! The Eggs!   :D

Catsmile

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2018, 10:40:03 PM
I'm going to ask...

Why is Dave better now?  I listened to a few Coast shows and was underwhelmed.  Was it the guests?  Was it the producer?  Was he forced to read the 3X5's?  Perhaps he was not allowed to ask "challenging" questions out of fear he may alienate a guest?  I did not actively dislike him, but I certainly was not making my calendar for his appearances.

# NotWad
# HATER
# TakeUrTidePods
# TidePodsMakesDaveBetter
# HeKnowsDumb
# HeFluffsBellGab

Pizzapunch

Joe letting lasha have it tonight. A true hero

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on May 16, 2018, 11:22:27 PM
it was never her show cause she never wanted it to be her show..it was always Art's show that she just happened to be playing in daddy's chair

It's still "Art's show", except that she doesn't take calls like Art did.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on May 16, 2018, 11:31:23 PM
At least heather wade has bumper music that doesn't sound like something out of a bad dance club

Who's using the hack music?

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 16, 2018, 11:28:05 PM
Smooth. And he never even asked how you knew he was using Opera. <whew>

# cat5ecams

8)

Good question about Missing 411.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 16, 2018, 11:32:28 PM
I guess Vara is hitting the bottle pretty hard.

Millions of listeners in 110 countries. 700 Twitter followers.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on May 16, 2018, 11:28:15 PM

Night, t