• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 10, 2018, 12:23:42 AM
I walked outside one night and saw what looked like a person kneel down under my neighbor's steps. The odd thing was that it was like a shadow but most of the upper body didn't seem to be there. Several nights later, I saw what looked like another shadow thing walking along the side of the hill. No upper body. It must have been a trick of the light. Still, it was pretty spooky.

i'm glad you didn't get missing 411'd royal.

trostol

more shout outs...RT this time!!!

popple

Spooky story, Royal_Tenenbaum!  :o

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 10, 2018, 12:30:04 AM
I vaguely remember that one actually!  Btw, I actually had my own doppelganger for awhile where I used to live.  Happened twice where people were convinced I had just left the store and returned for some reason.  The second time they kept asking me where I'd hidden my grocery bags and how I changed my clothes so fast.   ???

Sounds squirrelly

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2018, 12:25:30 AM
Current thinking? You're just a hipster doofus trying to be trendy then and not a free thinker at all. I think you're dated woo. ::)

Yeah, but that's emotional bullshit, lashing out and retreating to your safe space. Ad hominem when you get painted into a corner. Blah.

Sean92008

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 10, 2018, 12:27:22 AM
There is a technical issue because of my set up, we had just a few days to make this happen so at this point I am not compatible with their delivery service, Karen is very supportive and cannot wait to get the show back on the air. We should be up and running within the next 10 days

I totally didn't want to bother you with this because, well, you have a full plate. 

Thanks for the update.  Telos in the mail?

It's pretty rad having Dave join us!

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 12:23:26 AM
No, just the thought process is paranoid and silly. But since you mention it, yes, it's also silly that an alien spacecraft could have crashed and we might have back engineered it. It was a late 20th century trope people cashed in on, but current thinking in astrobiology and futurism blows it out of the water. The "accounts" flat out aren't bizarre enough anymore to depict alien life in the same way that 1950's sci-fi movies of robots do not reflect how the robots of today actually are. It's now dated woo. Old sci-fi sold as "real" that just doesn't make sense now. Why would you back engineer something that crashed? What do plastic diapers have to do with that? What's in a diaper that's so strange you need to resort to an alien explanation for?
Why wouldn't someone if UFO true? Not saying alien true.  China, US,  infamously the Poles Brits (Enigma,) Iran recently with one of our drones. Hackers, countetfeiters, etc? People do this ALL THE TIME. Legal, some not.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 12:32:39 AM
Yeah, but that's emotional bullshit, lashing out and retreating to your safe space. Ad hominem when you get painted into a corner. Blah.

I don't think so. I think what you're doing right now is the emotional bullshit because you can't support your untenable position.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 10, 2018, 12:31:25 AM
i'm glad you didn't get missing 411'd royal.

The missing 411 stories fascinate me. That and the stairs in the woods. Where do they all go, if they are real?

I vaguely remember that one actually!  Btw, I actually had my own doppelganger for awhile where I used to live.  Happened twice where people were convinced I had just left the store and returned for some reason.  The second time they kept asking me where I'd hidden my grocery bags and how I changed my clothes so fast.   ???

that's unsettling af... wonder if he's still there making all the usual stops, no one knows you ever left

K_Dubb

Well to be fair it is difficult to tell one squirrel from another.

chefist

I would love an experiment where a group of ghost hunters had to find the supposed haunted house out of a group of 5 homes...4 no activity...1 with. Some place that also did not have any published history of haunting.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 12:33:37 AM
Why wouldn't someone if UFO true? Not saying alien true.  China, US,  infamously the Poles Brits (Enigma,) Iran recently with one of our drones. Hackers, countetfeiters, etc? People do this ALL THE TIME. Legal, some not.

Oh, let the idea cop feel like he's making a difference.  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 12:33:37 AM

I believe in UFOs as in unidentified flying objects. I just have no idea what they are. Some say ghost lights, some say aliens, some say demons. I honestly have no clue what they are. But they probably aren't alien. They aren't odd enough for that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 10, 2018, 12:34:11 AM
The missing 411 stories fascinate me. That and the stairs in the woods. Where do they all go, if they are real?

Where do you want them to go?

Scorch

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 10, 2018, 12:32:54 AM
It's pretty rad having Dave join us!

+1

He’s not Art, but that’s ok.  I’m sold.

Thanks "Good Dave."

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 12:32:39 AM

Agree that ad hominems, while they may be fun and all, have zero debate value.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 12:35:00 AM
I would love an experiment where a group of ghost hunters had to find the supposed haunted house out of a group of 5 homes...4 no activity...1 with. Some place that also did not have any published history of haunting.

That would be an interesting experiment. Something tells me they would find activity in all the homes.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 12:35:00 AM

Who would know which one was haunted and could prove the others weren’t?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2018, 12:35:20 AM
Oh, let the idea cop feel like he's making a difference.  ;)

You just like to argue.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 12:35:35 AM
They aren't odd enough for that.

Oh, don't stop there! Elaborate, explain...

Dr. MD MD

PrairieGhost

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 12:36:05 AM
Where do you want them to go?

That's a good question, how about to a bag of money?

zeebo

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 10, 2018, 12:34:35 AM
that's unsettling af... wonder if he's still there making all the usual stops, no one knows you ever left

I know it's weird, like a parallel universe.  I mean I know it's not that, but you still wonder if someone's out there living your alternate timeline life.