• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cylon

Quote from: Catsmile on April 24, 2015, 08:32:28 PM
Art said he will be streaming 48K, so this will apply to the situation.
http://www.quora.com/How-much-data-does-it-take-to-stream-music

I am thinking that I will be doing more data to my plan. I will have to search out my mobile device partner and see if I can extend the data that I am using. Thank you Mr Cat.

Is this the ride Dave is mumbling about? The one with his name scotchtaped to the side because the original person couldn't make it? He can keep it. It's the difference between a ride in a Lamborghini and a ride in a Pinto, him being the Pinto.

Ooops, sorry about that It's Over. I didn't see your post. This'll teach me to read upthread first. On the other hand, this picture should be posted whenever Dave talks about rides.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:34:44 PM
I honestly wonder why he does this sort of thing? As we get closer to July he will do yet more of it and he will get nasty as before but in my opinion it helps me and hurts him. His best bet would be to ignore me completly. Just not that smart I guess.

Art

This is George.

http://youtu.be/tcGQpjCztgA

Zoxo

Art, you always post about your wife and daughter.  Do you have other older children as well? If so, how are they? Are they still part of your life too?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:30:09 PM
I have always given the movie credit, it is and has been my all time favorite.

Art
I also love "Contact" Art.  I have the book too.  Hmmmm . . . maybe I'll start reading it again tonight. ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on April 24, 2015, 07:47:48 PM
Keith Rowland has such a phone number already for listening to DMRN on any phone without data or internet - not as good audio quality as streaming though and for low/no cost you need a phone that doesn't have long distance charges like an unlimited talk cell phone.
Dial +1 (716)748-0111
Thanks Morgus! This might solve my problem for some older relatives who love Art but aren't not connected to internet, smartphones, etc. And the remote trouble-shooting to explain such is tiring. Either get them a smartphone prepaid unlimited call plan or speakerphone and use the dial-up (since their landlines have free long-distance.) I can't wait for new show!

Quote from: Zoxo on April 24, 2015, 08:43:11 PM
Art, you always post about your wife and daughter.  Do you have other older children as well? If so, how are they? Are they still part of your life too?

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/lost_in_space-38428459.html

Daggit

I don't see why there is a need for asking leading questions like this. It's none of our business.

Seems like a perfectly timed Davebot considering the conversation in here today.

Edit: I guess the same goes for the link provided above.

Art Bell

Sure, I have two grown Children from a Marriage when I was very young and they were Adopted very early by their new Father as soon as my ex re-Married.

I also have a Son, now grown who was attacked by his HIV School Teacher who is in Jail for life as a result, he is as a result very troubled despite all we have tried.

Now, how about your Family tree? Oh wait, your not even using your real name.

Art

Catsmile

Quote from: pyewacket on April 24, 2015, 08:35:09 PM
Art- This just goes to show that:

1)  Dave still lives in your shadow
and

2) He and/or his staff monitor this site and appear to be on the defence

"Wanna take a ride?" has been mentioned here regularly in reference to your return and the rapport you have maintained and EARNED from your faithful fan base.

Art, you are more than a catch phrase and Dave and Co. know this, too. Dave can say it as often as he can but it will still sound wrong, stilted, and hollow coming from him. It doesn't fit him.

When he says, "Want to take a ride?"

I see this:

Yep! Thats the van I picture in my mind, down by the river, under the bridge.
With this song playing in the background, as he asks "wanna take a ride?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs_TZFjbJ8

Art Bell

This is all Dave desperately trying to change the subject after stepping in it yet again, bring on the Bots.

Art

Heather Wade

Dave's got nothing and he knows it.

Zoxo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:58:47 PM
Sure, I have two grown Children from a Marriage when I was very young and they were Adopted very early by their new Father as soon as my ex re-Married.

I also have a Son, now grown who was attacked by his HIV School Teacher who is in Jail for life as a result, he is as a result very troubled despite all we have tried.

Art

Sorry if you thought I was prying Art. I was just curious is all.

Kolchak

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:58:47 PM

Art

I don't think this is anyone's business, but you handled it gracefully nonetheless.

BattyBrooke

Any *real* Art fan already knew all of this. So, what has Dave stepped in now, as to pull such crapola? Yes, I always pop in mid-conversation with questions just like Donnie from The Big Lebowski (and we all know what happened to him).

It's a private matter, yes, but Art being in the public eye and having discussed family and the painful situation with one of his sons in the past, fans care about the outcome and how they're doing. I don't believe Zoxo is a 'davebot' or had any malicious intent when asking the questions, given their post history. Either way, it's similar to the Falkie argument of if something is discussed openly it's fair game for others to comment on it.

morgana213

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:04:43 PM
This is all Dave desperately trying to change the subject after stepping in it yet again, bring on the Bots.

Art
What is amazing to me is that he is so blatant about copying you.  To me it is an example of a person who has no creativity, no initiative, and no integrity.  why would anyone want to listen to someone like this knowing he has no credibility?  Life is short and listening to his show seems like a waste of good energy! 

We are so happy to have you back Art!!!!  It has been a wasteland out there.  Thanks for being one of our peeps and hanging with us!

pyewacket

Quote from: Catsmile on April 24, 2015, 08:59:36 PM
Yep! Thats the van I picture in my mind, down by the river, under the bridge.
With this song playing in the background, as he asks "wanna take a ride?"

Good one, Catsmile! Although... I could have sworn this is what I heard and I'm not sure who it was singing...I just turned around and ran away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY

Art Bell

Well my thinking is if you have the "big Show" the very last thing you do is copy or take shots at somebody like me just because I will be coming on the air, it is the classic example of shooting yourself in the foot. Besides if he is going to use that line he should learn how to say it as though he has a couple hanging there.

If History is a teacher this is just the start.

Art

PathoJen

Quote from: Zoxo on April 24, 2015, 09:07:40 PM
Sorry if you thought I was prying Art. I was just curious is all.

This stuff is all over the Internet. Weird those questions would be posed the second Noory was on the chopping block.

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:28:05 PM
Well my thinking is if you have the "big Show" the very last thing you do is copy or take shots at somebody like me just because I will be coming on the air, it is the classic example of shooting yourself in the foot. Besides if he is going to use that line he should learn how to say it as though he has a couple hanging there.

Art

Bet he does... from his chin - but they're Tommy's.  8)

PathoJen

Quote from: morgana213 on April 24, 2015, 09:20:28 PM
What is amazing to me is that he is so blatant about copying you.  To me it is an example of a person who has no creativity, no initiative, and no integrity.  why would anyone want to listen to someone like this knowing he has no credibility?  Life is short and listening to his show seems like a waste of good energy! 

We are so happy to have you back Art!!!!  It has been a wasteland out there.  Thanks for being one of our peeps and hanging with us!
I listen to hear things like what I heard last night. The 'wanna take a ride' bs. You ever heard the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" Ya that. Kudos to you Batty Brooke for working the big lebowsky into this convo.  8)

jazmunda

I truly believe that Dave thinks that by invoking those lines he will become Art or at the very least confuse his dull audience to believe that he is.

There is only one Art Bell.

Zoxo

wow... you actually think I'm a bot?  Have you checked my post history? I am a HUGE Art Bell fan, and HAVE been since the 90's. No, I do not know about past family history, only current. I see stuff posted online, but how do you know what is real, and what is not real? Why not go straight to the horses mouth and ask, as opposed to just wonder. As I said, I am sorry if the thought was of prying. But that I'm a davebot? Really... Wasn't just trying to change the subject either. It was just a question.

PathoJen

Quote from: phrodo on April 24, 2015, 09:31:00 PM
But he does... on his chin - but they're Tommy's.  8)
Best laugh I've had all day.  ;D

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2015, 09:33:05 PM
I truly believe that Dave thinks that by invoking those lines he will become Art or at the very least confuse his dull audience to believe that he is.

Jaz, do you remember when Noory claimed he was into shortwave to ingratiate himself with Art Bell fans? Funny how his passion for the subject mysteriously vanished after awhile.
It reminded me of how Mike Siegel would talk about his cat just because Art did. 

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:28:05 PM

Art

Funny he pulls this after your private email exchanges where I'm sure he was polite as can be. Slimy Eddie Haskell fuck.

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2015, 09:33:05 PM

Do you really think that's why he does it? if so, he's dumber than I ever thought possible. I thought he did it to get under arts skin. To take as many cheap shots as possible., even though it only makes him look worse than he already does. He's about as interesting as a pizza roll.

Art Bell

Quote from: Zoxo on April 24, 2015, 09:33:30 PM
wow... you actually think I'm a bot?  Have you checked my post history? I am a HUGE Art Bell fan, and HAVE been since the 90's. No, I do not know about past family history, only current. I see stuff posted online, but how do you know what is real, and what is not real? Why not go straight to the horses mouth and ask, as opposed to just wonder. As I said, I am sorry if the thought was of prying. But that I'm a davebot? Really... Wasn't just trying to change the subject either. It was just a question.

Well I have no idea about your History since you call yourself ZOXO. BTW who gave you that name, Mom or Dad? It was not your question but your timing, if you meant nothing by it then I hope you were informed by my answer and we are good.

Art