• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: dan7800 on August 03, 2015, 09:34:09 PM
I am so tired tonight, but know I am going to force myself to stay up another few hours to listen to Art's show, and then the start of RCH's (always entertaining) show.
Same here.  I did that last Thursday.  "Oh, I'll just catch the first 15 minutes..."  Before I knew it, 3 hours had flown by with Art, Dr. Dvorak, and the singing Hawaiian frogs. 

Crap, I forgot about RCH.  I need a few laughs.  Who needs sleep anyway.  I'll sleep when there's nothing but Noory or I'm dead.  I wonder if I'll notice a difference.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2015, 09:38:24 PM
Same here.  I did that last Thursday.  "Oh, I'll just catch the first 15 minutes..."  Before I knew it, 3 hours had flown by with Art, Dr. Dvorak, and the singing Hawaiian frogs. 

Crap, I forgot about RCH.  I need a few laughs.  Who needs sleep anyway.  I'll sleep when there's nothing but Noory or I'm dead.  I wonder if I'll notice a difference.

Can't say that I did.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2015, 09:38:24 PM

I have been bleary eyed for the last week thanks to RCH.

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2015, 09:29:07 PM
Hehe.  What else can you expect from a uniformed dolphin masquerading in multi-avatar disguises.

Heh.  I remember the night he posted this:

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 25, 2015, 12:41:00 PM
Sadly, fins and the stigmata prevent any kind of tasteful jazz hands performances (and makes it a bitch to eat M&M's). But I do still know how to jump through hula hoops from my Sea World days if that helps.

I felt so sad about Flipper's 'stigmatism that I found him an avatar for myopic dolphins

Queen

Redacted

New producer for art bell!!!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2015, 09:29:07 PM
Hehe.  What else can you expect from a uniformed dolphin masquerading in multi-avatar disguises.

Behold the return of the dolphin avatars!

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on August 03, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

I felt so sad about Flipper's 'stigmatism that I found him an avatar for myopic dolphins

Ooh, a great avatar for Flipper.  Maybe it'll cure his avatar identity crisis.

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 03, 2015, 09:52:58 PM

... look, I got a different memo. I don't know what to tell you.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 03, 2015, 09:52:58 PM
It worked!  LV, the miracle worker.  For her next trick, Dave will become eloquent.  Don't mean to put any pressure on you, LV.

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on August 03, 2015, 09:56:45 PM
It worked!  LV, the miracle worker.  For her next trick, Dave will become eloquent.  Don't mean to put any pressure on you, LV.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: lonevoice on August 03, 2015, 09:48:12 PM

I have added it into my avatar folder!

Morgus

Quote from: NIN on August 03, 2015, 09:52:01 PM
Redacted

New producer for art bell!!!
Yes and Art has revealed (Redacted)'s real name on the air too...

RoseGirl

Quote from: Morgus on August 03, 2015, 11:09:22 PM
Yes and Art has revealed (Redacted)'s real name on the air too...

Redacted....sweetie....call in to Bella-Haven tonight. Ya just gotta!!!!!

nbirnes

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 03, 2015, 11:19:36 PM

We need a special Redacted Hot Line. For serious questions only.

Surmo

Quote from: nbirnes on August 03, 2015, 11:47:52 PM

Congratulations Redacted!  Or should I say Heather?  Nah......Redacted
is much better!

Neil

Congratulations Redacted!

Faustina

I note that both of Art's guests tonight mysteriously cancelled, and Art has not given forth a good reason for that (unless I missed it).  I wonder if Noory got to them:  told them he'd never have them on c2c ever again if they went on Art's show.

Jackstar

Quote from: Neil on August 04, 2015, 12:37:54 AM

Quote from: Surmo on August 03, 2015, 11:51:26 PM

Quote from: nbirnes on August 03, 2015, 11:47:52 PM

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 03, 2015, 11:19:36 PM

Okay, so, are we not keeping this a secret anymore? I've been in agony for weeks.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar on August 04, 2015, 12:49:07 AM

Okay, so, are we not keeping this a secret anymore? I've been in agony for weeks.
Right?

Faustina

The fact that Art's two guests purportedly never showed up for Art's show, ... didn't call in,... with no actual cancellation (even at the last minute), is a huge slap in the face to Art.  Wondering why they did that, the two of them.  It's extremely odd. 

Morgus

Quote from: Faustina on August 04, 2015, 01:52:43 AM
The fact that Art's two guests purportedly never showed up for Art's show, ... didn't call in,... with no actual cancellation (even at the last minute), is a huge slap in the face to Art.  Wondering why they did that, the two of them.  It's extremely odd.
Art said he couldn't connect with them at the start of the show, phone or skype problems.

Dr Who

Great news for redacted thank God common sense is still alive and well congratulations Redacted.

Art Bell

I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

P.S. I thought it was a great show and FUN!

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:18:25 AM
I started calling Bassett 10 Minutes before the Hour and kept calling. He had been checked out on Skype and it was working fine earlier, but he did not answer, more then that I called his Emergency back up number prior till the top of the hour and got voicemail twice as did Heather. By the time it was 20 minutes after the hour I gave up and went to open lines. My opinion, and that's all it is because I can not know where he was, is that nobody was there or if he was there he was not paying attention. His Skype showed away. There is not much a Talk Host can do except go on with the show, which I did.

Art

Not the first time something like this has happened, and will not be the last. You do live radio, its a part of it. Open lines are always fun. We understand.

Faustina

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:18:25 AM

Art

Very unprofessional of Bassett, unless he had a last minute personal emergency or technical problems at his end.

I will say that I will make it a point to never listen to a show with a guest that stands Art up on purpose. I will never visit their sites, nor buy any of their works.

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 04, 2015, 03:35:04 AM
I will say that I will make it a point to never listen to a show with a guest that stands Art up on purpose. I will never visit their sites, nor buy any of their works.

I'm interested in Bassetts version of events. Perhaps he had some issues. I'll reserve judgement until then.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 04, 2015, 03:51:27 AM
I'm interested in Bassetts version of events. Perhaps he had some issues. I'll reserve judgement until then.
I said the same above. Has to be proven.

Faustina

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 04, 2015, 03:51:27 AM

Nancy was surreptitiously insinuating that the guy is a bit of a flake on Bella-Haven tonight.  Then she guiltily voiced a little half-hearted sermon on how they (she and Rose) need to find a way to not speak negatively about other people on their show (i.e., to put a positive spin on their characters even when their actions might suggest otherwise). 

ge30542

Several pages ago, a post indicated that, for the most part, Art is avoiding pre 1972 bumper music.
What is different about pre '72?
Is it costlier?